NHL and Mr. Seau

Forum: NHL Betting
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: NHL and Mr. Seau
LasVegasLord PM LasVegasLord
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16747
 
LasVegasLord
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/5/2012 1:47:54 AM
I grew up in San Diego and went to many Charger games when he was playing.   Even when I lived in Vegas.   Padres suck...yes.   But Chargers and Pad are my team.  For this 43 year old man to commit suicide with a self inflicted gunshot wound is beyond my ivecomprehension.  He was a great defensive player both for the Chargers and the Pats....and I've been to his restaurant in San Diego and met the man himself.    Just glad he did not take the Chris Benoit approach with road rage. WWE superstar.

My Pick for Saturday Is:

Washington Nations -110

Best of Luck to All and RIP Jr. Seau.


IHIOUSE PM IHIOUSE
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8090
 
IHIOUSE
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2012 2:17:17 AM
I hope you mean nationals and not capitals my brother. Sorry about jr, never had one of my big sports guys kill himself or die but I still felt for seaus death... Especially when they shoot themselves in the heart its a big statement. But regardless good luck to you brother and ill make sure to keep in touch with you in the mlb forums when these playoffs come to an end
Posted using a mobile device.
Ozzieboy PM Ozzieboy
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 450
 
Ozzieboy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 5/5/2012 2:19:16 AM

Depression is such a ruthless, cunning and unforgiving disease that is free from prejudice.

Such a talented athlete.

BOL tonight Lord

LasVegasLord PM LasVegasLord
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16747
 
LasVegasLord
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/5/2012 3:53:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by IHIOUSE:

I hope you mean nationals and not capitals my brother. Sorry about jr, never had one of my big sports guys kill himself or die but I still felt for seaus death... Especially when they shoot themselves in the heart its a big statement. But regardless good luck to you brother and ill make sure to keep in touch with you in the mlb forums when these playoffs come to an end


Had a bunch of friends over at my house.  I apologize.  I mean the Capitals tomorrow.    It just makes me sad.  Junior Seau had it all.  Nice house, kids, money, wife...and why?   Does not make sense.   God bless him and we will all miss him.  

Best of Luck to everyone.
IHIOUSE PM IHIOUSE
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8090
 
IHIOUSE
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2012 4:20:50 AM

money & family ucan make things easy but if theres something going on inside your head that you cant escape it must be so hard. I never condone suicide, but i can remember a time or 2 in my life where i said to myself if i felt like this always i couldnt live like this... i mean these were some extreme situations but i could only imagine what would bring a good guy like him to do this, we can only guess and hopefully none of us will ever have to go thru this 

 

 

good luck LVL brother its been too long just took my pup for a nice 4am rollerblade up the hudson feelin nice

LasVegasLord PM LasVegasLord
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16747
 
LasVegasLord
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/5/2012 4:34:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by IHIOUSE:

money & family ucan make things easy but if theres something going on inside your head that you cant escape it must be so hard. I never condone suicide, but i can remember a time or 2 in my life where i said to myself if i felt like this always i couldnt live like this... i mean these were some extreme situations but i could only imagine what would bring a good guy like him to do this, we can only guess and hopefully none of us will ever have to go thru this 

 

 

good luck LVL brother its been too long just took my pup for a nice 4am rollerblade up the hudson feelin nice



IHIOUSE - Thanks brother.   I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.  They get along better than the Brady's.  Being a 250 lb defensive linebacker and with the wealth and family he had,  it's a shame.  However,  he was stoic and never showed emotion if he was hurt on the field or off the field.  He kept it inside.   That is not good.  The "tough guy" persona is good during a game....but not in your personal life.   You know what I mean?  You can't hold garbage in if you have personal problems.....but seeing the ESPN friend of him cry brought teardrops to my eyes as well.   
IHIOUSE PM IHIOUSE
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8090
 
IHIOUSE
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2012 5:23:27 AM

yea i saw that guy on OTL, always sad to see that kind of stuff

 

i got a boston terrier turning 2 months old on the 14th, the guy is my right hand man

potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 25464
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/5/2012 7:59:03 AM
horrible story, best of luck lv!
centralflaguy PM centralflaguy
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 10423
 
centralflaguy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/5/2012 8:05:14 AM
LUV THE CAPS BRO GOOD LUCK TO US!!!

I DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED>> A VARY HARD TIME WHEN SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT TAKES THEIR LIFE....  MAY HE REST IN PEACE
Dangerbay PM Dangerbay
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 21203
 
Dangerbay
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:00:40 AM
I experienced an extreme low once in my life and it involved a member of the opposite sex.  I believe its the reason most suicides occur.  Do you ever remember a story of a woman killing herself because of a man?  I don't.  Are we the weaker sex?  Regardless, very sad story and feel bad for the children.  On a happier note, good luck LVL, hope the Caps win for US today.
Metallica2467 PM Metallica2467
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 43440
 
Metallica2467
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:21:43 AM
GL Lord
motorcitymama PM motorcitymama
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2701
 
motorcitymama
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/5/2012 10:24:50 AM
As a  Denver Bronco fan, I watched Seau kick our behind repeatedly through the years. He played with such passion. Very sad.

Good luck on your bet, LVLord.                

PLAYAAAA1969 PM PLAYAAAA1969
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6852
 
PLAYAAAA1969
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2012 10:32:46 AM
How the hell do you commit suicide by a self inflicted gunshot wound to the Chest ......RIP JR....
PhishBrigade PM PhishBrigade
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1201
 
PhishBrigade
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/5/2012 10:57:26 AM
Good to see ya brother!  GL on yer Caps play.  

As for Junior, RIP for sure.  Really sad thing that seems to be happening a lot more often nowadays.  He was a helluva player and a great man.

As for the choice of gunshot location, I have to think that as a Samoan..  he did it that way so his mother and family could have an easier time looking at him when they said their final goodbyes.  It would have been pretty hard to look at him after taking one to the head.  That's a pretty rough image for a mother. 
crazy1464 PM crazy1464
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 2619
 
crazy1464
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/5/2012 11:02:21 AM
Its sad but this is what steroids do to your body and mind!  God bless him and his family and LET'S GO RANGERS!
BOLTS14 PM BOLTS14
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
 
BOLTS14
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 5/5/2012 12:08:49 PM

Been  a  CHARGER  fan  since  the  air  coryell  show.  Been  a 

PADRE  fan  since  the Randy Jones  days.  Devasated  that

this  happened  to  JR.  GOOD  2  SEE  THAT  SOMEONE  ELSE

IS  A  SAN  DIEGO  SPORTS  FAN.  Lived  in  Imperial Beach  and

Chula Vista  for  20  yrs.  GLAD  TO  HEAR  FROM  YOU  LVL.

IHIOUSE PM IHIOUSE
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8090
 
IHIOUSE
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2012 12:24:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PhishBrigade:


As for the choice of gunshot location, I have to think that as a Samoan..  he did it that way so his mother and family could have an easier time looking at him when they said their final goodbyes.  It would have been pretty hard to look at him after taking one to the head.  That's a pretty rough image for a mother. 

 

The guys shoot themselvs in the heart so that their brains can be studied by science, hes not the only one to do this  

PhishBrigade PM PhishBrigade
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1201
 
PhishBrigade
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/5/2012 12:51:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by IHIOUSE:

 

The guys shoot themselvs in the heart so that their brains can be studied by science, hes not the only one to do this  


No doubt.  I haven't seen anything about him leaving a note to make this request...  but I'm sure he knew of others who did and how often this research is done.  RIP Seau
CanadaCup PM CanadaCup
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 9421
 
CanadaCup
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2012 3:20:55 PM

Congrats on the Caps LVL 

 

RIP Junior Seau

Nilshu PM Nilshu
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 4264
 
Nilshu
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/5/2012 4:21:14 PM
My condolences buddy. Haven't heard from you much these days but I know you've been busy. Take care of your family man and don't be a stranger. Nice hit on the Capitals too!

Sareesataka PM Sareesataka
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 5153
 
Sareesataka
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:25:21 AM
All the best to you, and Godspeed, bro!
Forum: NHL Betting
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.