New forums are now live. Check it out for yourself.

CFB 2018 / 2019 N. Championship futures wagers.

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: CFB 2018 / 2019 N. Championship futures wagers.
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/7/2018 12:57:25 PM

After performing my due diligence on Team returning
production and losses of early entrants to the NFL
after the Jan. 15th deadline. I invested in two teams I
thought offered some value.Bought on 1 / 16 .

Michigan State    40 / 1

Washington        45 / 1

Unless Some value appears in prices of other, more
likely teams , I will bet them on an individual weekly
basis to capture value in matchups.
I also listed these teams in TD's thread as well.

Good Luck to all
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/12/2018 10:58:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:


After performing my due diligence on Team returning
production and losses of early entrants to the NFL
after the Jan. 15th deadline. I invested in two teams I
thought offered some value.Bought on 1 / 16 .

Michigan State    40 / 1

Washington        45 / 1

Unless Some value appears in prices of other, more
likely teams , I will bet them on an individual weekly
basis to capture value in matchups.
I also listed these teams in TD's thread as well.

Good Luck to all





Current Futures Prices on these at  2 / 12 /2014

Michigan State     28 / 1

Washington         28 / 1


WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:08:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:






Current Futures Prices on these at  3 / 4 /2018

Michigan State     25 / 1

Washington          25 / 1





Prices are dropping somewhat 
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:58:54 PM
FWIW , I like the Washington play I got @ 45 / 1 .
I think they will do well in conference play this
season.


I also like them starting the season vs a quality
opponent this year.

The Line at 5 Dimes vs Auburn currently is

Washington
  + 4  - 120
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/12/2018 11:10:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

FWIW , I like the Washington play I got @ 45 / 1 .
I think they will do well in conference play this
season.


I also like them starting the season vs a quality
opponent this year.

The Line at 5 Dimes vs Auburn currently is

Washington
  + 4  - 120





Washington is currently + 2' or + 3 at most shops.
not enough value there for me at current prices.

GLTA  
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 32459
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 6/13/2018 10:06:06 AM
 I saw where someone got the Washington RSW total @ over 8.5..........that presents some good value. Even if they lose the opener I can't see them losing more than two in Pac-12 play. 
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/13/2018 10:28:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 I saw where someone got the Washington RSW total @ over 8.5..........that presents some good value. Even if they lose the opener I can't see them losing more than two in Pac-12 play. 




I agree , Bud.  8.5 is a great price , right now , it's
currently @ 10.5. Hope they get past Auburn OK ,
then I'll like my futures bet a whole lot more.

Mugg  
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/8/2018 2:40:12 PM
News off the wire today . Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham
announced hie engagement to Baylor soccer player
Kennedy Brown.
If I find out the Honeymoon will be the night before
Auburn meets the Huskies , I'm going to go big on
Washington. 
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/8/2018 2:42:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

News off the wire today . Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham
announced his engagement to Baylor soccer player
Kennedy Brown.
If I find out the Honeymoon will be the night before
Auburn meets the Huskies , I'm going to go big on
Washington. 



Correction
MikeMed PM MikeMed
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4793
 
MikeMed
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:29:11 PM

Like that MICH ST future at 40-1..........Its not completely out of the question for them to lose one game and take the B10.......If they do get into the playoffs you could hedge big time.

WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:47:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MikeMed:

Like that MICH ST future at 40-1..........Its not completely out of the question for them to lose one game and take the B10.......If they do get into the playoffs you could hedge big time.





Thanks Bud.  I liked it because the team returns
essentially intact and they have Michigan and
tOSU at home. I thought there was some value
there . I hope that Sparty does well this season.


kamphil PM kamphil
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 271
 
kamphil
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 7/12/2018 6:48:39 PM

Always enjoy the info you share.....when I do, I want to give reasoning...anyone can say they like so and so without sharing any thought process(many others in forum, but in the end its all about winning).    In all sports, there has been a pattern(NFL Ne to 3 out of 4 SB's, NBA Golden St won 3 out of 4 NBA titles with NCAAF Alabama and NCAAB Villanova set up to do the same.  In that scenario, plenty of opportunity to make plays on SEC title game and NCAAF playoff semifinals as if alabama makes playoff this year, it will not be through the back door.    My gut feeling is alabama will pay Ohio St. in title game as Urban Meyer was trashed against Clemson two years ago in playoffs and last year was left out despite winning Big 10 championship...again, another team who does not want to be left out of the playoff and imo will not leave anything to chance.    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23778
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/12/2018 7:07:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kamphil:

Always enjoy the info you share.....when I do, I want to give reasoning...anyone can say they like so and so without sharing any thought process(many others in forum, but in the end its all about winning).    In all sports, there has been a pattern(NFL Ne to 3 out of 4 SB's, NBA Golden St won 3 out of 4 NBA titles with NCAAF Alabama and NCAAB Villanova set up to do the same.  In that scenario, plenty of opportunity to make plays on SEC title game and NCAAF playoff semifinals as if alabama makes playoff this year, it will not be through the back door.    My gut feeling is alabama will pay Ohio St. in title game as Urban Meyer was trashed against Clemson two years ago in playoffs and last year was left out despite winning Big 10 championship...again, another team who does not want to be left out of the playoff and imo will not leave anything to chance.    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.




Thanks for the kind words.

I think the Big 10 will be a lot more competitive this
season , and tOSU is not a lock to win it or go to the
semis.

We'll see what happens . Good Luck this season
Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View