New forums are going live April 23, 2018. Check it out for yourself.

It's that time again......The Lippsman split

Forum: NHL Betting Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: It's that time again......The Lippsman split
Crashdavis565 PM Crashdavis565
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 15218
 
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/2/2013 12:22:11 PM
Hey Lipps-
I have got on a nice roll lately ( NHL aside) and have padded my on line account. 
I have followed your betting strategy pretty much dead on. I have a little more variation to the number as my streaks are so insane and try to go 2-5%.
Here is my question. The other day, with NHL, MLB, and the NBA all going, I had about 5 plays myself and was tailing about 12 more. 17 plays at 2% was a third of my bankroll and the "wagers placed" ledger was teaming.  I kind of hesistated on having all that money out. 

Now, the odds took over and I won a small amount on the day but is there a limit to how many plays I should play a day or a % of my bankroll.

Thanks buddy- and thanks for this system, although it may or may not pan out this year, it has been killer in the past. I think Polar Bear has a decent enough point, I am blaming the strike but if the puck bounces a little different in the Wild game, we are still right there.
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/2/2013 2:11:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

Hey Lipps-
I have got on a nice roll lately ( NHL aside) and have padded my on line account. 
I have followed your betting strategy pretty much dead on. I have a little more variation to the number as my streaks are so insane and try to go 2-5%.
Here is my question. The other day, with NHL, MLB, and the NBA all going, I had about 5 plays myself and was tailing about 12 more. 17 plays at 2% was a third of my bankroll and the "wagers placed" ledger was teaming.  I kind of hesistated on having all that money out. 

Now, the odds took over and I won a small amount on the day but is there a limit to how many plays I should play a day or a % of my bankroll.

Thanks buddy- and thanks for this system, although it may or may not pan out this year, it has been killer in the past. I think Polar Bear has a decent enough point, I am blaming the strike but if the puck bounces a little different in the Wild game, we are still right there.

I would make that your max amount of plays for sure. 2% is correct with that amount of plays.  Although lightning could strike and you could go 0-17.  But even with that you still have two thirds of your bankroll still around and of course you wagers would be cut after that.

You're good.  Keep on rolling.

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/3/2013 12:21:45 AM
Ok, if the Wings hold on, which I think they will.  Things will stand at

3-4  -.08 units.  

Very nice bounce back by winning the last 3 games.    Will have the Isles and Leafs working and if Backstrom is not playing game 2 then the Wild will not be a play.  I highly doubt he will be in net. 
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/3/2013 12:44:37 AM
Holy s*hit.  Unbelievable.....talk about a complete breakdown. 

Howard has allowed two short sided goals this period. 
gimmedempoints PM gimmedempoints
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1508
 
gimmedempoints
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/3/2013 12:57:03 AM
Damn...I saw 4-1 and was going to head to bed

So jump on the Islanders +200 and Leafs +165?
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/3/2013 1:04:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gimmedempoints:

Damn...I saw 4-1 and was going to head to bed

So jump on the Islanders +200 and Leafs +165?

Yes, both of them will be plays. 
gimmedempoints PM gimmedempoints
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1508
 
gimmedempoints
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/3/2013 1:06:29 AM
WINGS
timbaland99 PM timbaland99
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 929
 
timbaland99
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 5/3/2013 1:09:17 AM
Wings are a Winner, barely. If I'm the wings, I have to be seriously concerned about blowing that kind of lead in the playoffs. 
Crashdavis565 PM Crashdavis565
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 15218
 
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/3/2013 4:14:05 AM
I have an itch to take the Canucks in game 2, is this not part of the system at times?
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/3/2013 7:41:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

I have an itch to take the Canucks in game 2, is this not part of the system at times?

Not the official system, but one of the offshoots of it.  The reason I don't like to play it is that the home team that lost game one is juiced about extra .15-20, because the public thinks they just "have to win"

With that said the home team that loses game one in the preliminary round,  historically has a 67.5% winning percentage in game two.   Yes it's actually that high....so.........

Yeah, you want to give the Nucks a huge look. 


Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/3/2013 1:40:00 PM
Isles +212

If Backstrom plays then the Wild will be a play.  Probably have to wait till close to gametime to find out. 
gimmedempoints PM gimmedempoints
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1508
 
gimmedempoints
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/3/2013 5:49:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

Isles +212

If Backstrom plays then the Wild will be a play.  Probably have to wait till close to gametime to find out. 


What about the Leafs? I already am on Islanders and Leafs.
potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26217
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/3/2013 5:58:48 PM
good luck lippsman!
Niners13 PM Niners13
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1737
 
Niners13
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/3/2013 7:26:16 PM
Islanders getting raped again, no point in betting them with such low ml's.

Need like +400 to make it worth it.

One of the worst teams in the NHL.
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/3/2013 10:34:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Niners13:

Islanders getting raped again, no point in betting them with such low ml's.

Need like +400 to make it worth it.

One of the worst teams in the NHL.
So who was raped again?  Oh yeah it was the Pens ML backers
potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26217
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/3/2013 10:39:08 PM
 tell him mr lippsman, because the split worked good for me!  nice hit my friend!
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/4/2013 9:20:48 AM
Allright the Isles come through and now things stand at 4-4 + 2.04 units !!!!

Leafs +171
Crashdavis565 PM Crashdavis565
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 15218
 
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/4/2013 4:32:37 PM
Nucks hurt last pm, took them before the game and then doubled down to start the third......at plus 230. They had the lead late and I went to bed. Then I awoke to find
Luongo let in a total softie goal....



Polar_Bear PM Polar_Bear
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 34165
 
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/4/2013 4:36:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

Allright the Isles come through and now things stand at 4-4 + 2.04 units !!!!

Leafs +171
Goodluck with this dysunctional bunch Lipps. Myself not being of sound mind and body will probably be joining you on this tonight.
HeadOverHeart PM HeadOverHeart
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 21755
 
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/4/2013 4:55:28 PM
Split strategy gets back huge last night. Wings and Isles.  
Crashdavis565 PM Crashdavis565
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 15218
 
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/4/2013 9:25:54 PM
potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26217
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/4/2013 10:13:31 PM
nice hit lipps!  i got cold feet and pulled out a loser.is the first round the most successful? or do you keep going into the latter rounds?
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/4/2013 10:20:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by potvin:

nice hit lipps!  i got cold feet and pulled out a loser.is the first round the most successful? or do you keep going into the latter rounds?

It keeps going to all the rounds, but as the rounds go deeper you get less plays. 
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 83217
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/4/2013 10:25:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

Allright the Isles come through and now things stand at 4-4 + 2.04 units !!!!

Leafs +171

And the final play of the 1st round hits. 

After the 1st round we stand at 5-4 +3.75 units

Till the 2nd round everyone.

LeRinkRat PM LeRinkRat
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 85038
 
LeRinkRat
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/4/2013 10:51:11 PM

some freeking year I'm GOING to LEARN. makes NO damn difference how BAD the dog played 1st gamje. it is STILL a "blind bet" the 2nd and the higher the odds the better

this year AGAIN I get BAGGED by my Penguins and the freeking Bruins. best I can see the ONLY ones that did NOT work, either on the front or back end, were the Kings, Rangers and Wild. other 5 were $$$ and you can make an argument that the Kings and Rangers were so low odds they really didn't fit the profile 

I can't handicap hockey anymore. NO rhyme nor reason to this crap.

Forum: NHL Betting Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View