New forums are going live April 23, 2018. Check it out for yourself.

Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how

Forum: Website Promotions Page 258 of 509 «  256 257 258 259 260   »
Author: [Website Promotions] Topic: Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how
greengiants PM greengiants
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 519
 
greengiants
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#6426
Posted: 2/15/2013 11:30:20 AM

Well guys I learned yesterday that if Dan Crawford is reffing a game ther's a good chance that the over hits, so make notes everyone!

Anyways let's all have a good all-star weekend guy's and come back refocused and refreshed!Cheers!

Fuzzrod PM Fuzzrod
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2550
 
Fuzzrod
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#6427
Posted: 2/15/2013 1:46:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by oreooreo1:

On a serious note, I want ya all's advice on what I'm thinking about doing. Since the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, I'm going to do a test on two different methods.

1st method I'll call the no line approach.
It consists of looking at all the games without the lines. If you have two garbage ty teams playing each other you throw the game out. Look at the rest of the teams and pick the team you know is better and has more talent, regardless f whether they are at home or not. Then look at the line, if your giving up more than 4 points, throw it out, if you're getting points, great, play the sh it out of
it. Pure talent advantage has got to win out eventually! Screw home court (didn't help the Lakers or the Thunder a bit tonight) screw giving up 5 or more points. I got sick and tired of giving up a big number and hoping my team would have a blow out win or getting a big number and hoping my garbage ty team stays within it. The NBA is just to volatile to expect to be able to win consistently, so you have to figure out a way to make it less volatile. It's like cooling off a gas fire, or it's like having too many items on a menu, narrow it down with a team that you know has more talent!
2nd method is called just a f king hobby method.
This method will not work for the action addicted person. Every so offen we see games that look like pure locks. They may show up 2 games a week, there may only be 1 in a two week period, but then again there maybe 4 in a week, but when they show up you hammer the sh
it out of it. Maybe a better name for the method would be the cream of the crop!
Think about it, why do we spread our selves so thin. We don't do saturation bombings any more, we use persision lazor guided bombs.


Stick with option #2 man... It doesn't have to be considered a hobby if you're hitting the games hard when you see a game that you feel can't miss... If you like the action, maybe just bet small amounts when you don't have any strong picks... That way it helps you still have your finger on the pulse of whats going on in the NBA... That alone is important... And for many it takes gambling to really be determined on giving your total attention to the league.

Like yesterday I thought the Clippers line was an ultimate gift and put up a solid amount... And it paid dividends... Thankfully, because like many, NBA has been killing me as of late haha.

So like you I'm going to take the same sorta approach... Bet chump change daily and then when I see a juicy line I'll hit that sucker hard.

Best of luck to ya man.
Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#6428
Posted: 2/15/2013 3:24:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Fuzzrod:



Stick with option #2 man... It doesn't have to be considered a hobby if you're hitting the games hard when you see a game that you feel can't miss... If you like the action, maybe just bet small amounts when you don't have any strong picks... That way it helps you still have your finger on the pulse of whats going on in the NBA... That alone is important... And for many it takes gambling to really be determined on giving your total attention to the league.

Like yesterday I thought the Clippers line was an ultimate gift and put up a solid amount... And it paid dividends... Thankfully, because like many, NBA has been killing me as of late haha.

So like you I'm going to take the same sorta approach... Bet chump change daily and then when I see a juicy line I'll hit that sucker hard.

Best of luck to ya man.

Hey stop stealing my method fuzz 

Just kidding- but it is what I do- if you miss a week a day or a game you feel left out like you don't know what is going on but having some skin in the game in my case mostly $1 keeps you interested to follow the scores injuries trends etc.

I do a $1 parlay every day when it hits great when it doesn't cost of doing business- after that I select my top 3-

Yesterday I selected top four because I just saw it happening that way even before the lines came out and then I saw miami a dog and could not resist and added MLs and totals to other bets-

Still need two strong picks for my open spots on my 6 teamer-

Narco PM Narco
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 953
 
Narco
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6429
Posted: 2/15/2013 3:32:17 PM

Wow, that's a tough stretch....Brutal...

SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6430
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:32:06 PM
I like the spirit and have no problem with bad stretch as it happens. Now with the second half of NBA season always being more predictable and the balance taking on - I hope to materialize on experience and discipline combined with info and overall help this great community offers. GL to everyone and see you on the other side of NBA break
I am looking forward for our competition with 3 picks at most for person.
ashylarrymp PM ashylarrymp
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 515
 
ashylarrymp
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#6431
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:39:00 PM
AshyLarrymp:

YNG ST Penguins -10

i placed my bet last night at -10 as spread is now -11, but id still take -11 as Youngstown St faces Wisconsin Milwaukee Panthers tonight. -11 is a lot of points! but this UW Milwaukee team is HISTORICALLY bad as they are 0-11 on the road this year and have lost 9 of them by double digits.. Youngstown st isn't a great team, but they hold home court well and will be looking to bounce back after a loss last outing.. if you're itching for a play tonight, id take Youngstown St over Milwaukee.. i expect closer to a 20 pt victory.

 but if not, relax enjoy the break people! BOL
eaglequill PM eaglequill
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1136
 
eaglequill
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#6432
Posted: 2/15/2013 5:48:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by oreooreo1:

On a serious note, I want ya all's advice on what I'm thinking about doing. Since the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, I'm going to do a test on two different methods.

1st method I'll call the no line approach.
It consists of looking at all the games without the lines. If you have two garbage ty teams playing each other you throw the game out. Look at the rest of the teams and pick the team you know is better and has more talent, regardless f whether they are at home or not. Then look at the line, if your giving up more than 4 points, throw it out, if you're getting points, great, play the sh it out of
it. Pure talent advantage has got to win out eventually! Screw home court (didn't help the Lakers or the Thunder a bit tonight) screw giving up 5 or more points. I got sick and tired of giving up a big number and hoping my team would have a blow out win or getting a big number and hoping my garbage ty team stays within it. The NBA is just to volatile to expect to be able to win consistently, so you have to figure out a way to make it less volatile. It's like cooling off a gas fire, or it's like having too many items on a menu, narrow it down with a team that you know has more talent!
2nd method is called just a f king hobby method.
This method will not work for the action addicted person. Every so offen we see games that look like pure locks. They may show up 2 games a week, there may only be 1 in a two week period, but then again there maybe 4 in a week, but when they show up you hammer the sh
it out of it. Maybe a better name for the method would be the cream of the crop!
Think about it, why do we spread our selves so thin. We don't do saturation bombings any more, we use persision lazor guided bombs.


I am going to comment on one team the Los Angeles Lakers.
Your methodology for looking at a team with far more talent than the opposing team may run in to trouble here. Your going to look at this team and your going to get the line your looking for hammer it and lose. This team has talent oozing everywhere, BUT they cannot play together , have no defense, and they do not cover spreads. In fact they lose a lot to teams they should be beating. Careful with the Lakers! I am fading them and winning. 
MrMath PM MrMath
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
MrMath
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#6433
Posted: 2/15/2013 6:14:20 PM
Well, There's a guy, who is making his life by betting on sports. He makes 20k euro/month now. His bankroll is over 150k. Amazing but true. I witnessed it with my eyes. Some people do it but very rare.
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6434
Posted: 2/15/2013 7:14:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrMath:

Well, There's a guy, who is making his life by betting on sports. He makes 20k euro/month now. His bankroll is over 150k. Amazing but true. I witnessed it with my eyes. Some people do it but very rare.
What about our own Phixer? Take a look at his documented record before rising a curiosity:
24-23-1
+21,760 $

14-9  solid big plays +22430 $
2-4-1 medium plays -290 $       
8-10 small plays -380 $

Well, we too MrMath, we too witnessed it with our own eyes
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6435
Posted: 2/15/2013 7:15:16 PM
And that constitutes for his record in 2013
oreooreo1 PM oreooreo1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 619
 
oreooreo1
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6436
Posted: 2/15/2013 7:45:55 PM
Good point Eagle, but I think you'll see a different Laker team after the break. They are on the verge of missing the playoffs and I don't think the NBA wants to lose that big of a market! So until they are mathematically out of it, I think you'll see them play their as ses off!
Posted using a mobile device.
Lopelpickscom PM Lopelpickscom
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 151
 
Lopelpickscom
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#6437
Posted: 2/15/2013 8:33:51 PM
Ive taken a couple days off and I must say it actually feels great. I'll jump on the wagon again tomorrow though. Whats the longest hiatus you guys have taken from all sports handicapping? Just curious
aminorabino PM aminorabino
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 387
 
aminorabino
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#6438
Posted: 2/15/2013 10:49:25 PM
Not me...in the hole 20k
eaglequill PM eaglequill
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1136
 
eaglequill
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#6439
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:03:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by oreooreo1:

Good point Eagle, but I think you'll see a different Laker team after the break. They are on the verge of missing the playoffs and I don't think the NBA wants to lose that big of a market! So until they are mathematically out of it, I think you'll see them play their as ses off!


I really do not think the Lakers can put it together. The chemistry is bad. Miami took a year and a half before they were able to get the chemistry right between Bosh, LeBron, and Wade. That first year they couldnt play well together consistently. I do not think you are able to just decide to play your a s s off and turn your season around. Kobe, Nash, and Howard have no chemistry. It is not going to just magically appear after the all star break. It takes many games and a desire to work together. Howard and Kobe are too busy Jockeying for the Best Player on the Lakers. Fighting in the press. Kobe wants to prove to the whole world he can do everything on the basketball court and wants to be labeled King. Howard can't be satisfied being second fiddle. Kobe wants to be Mr. assist one night and then scorer the next. This does not allow the team to form a consistency and develop the chemistry. The other players are too busy trying to understand what their role is from game to game. "Do we feed Kobe tonight because he is going to be a scorer? " or " Do we get ready to score ourselves because Kobe is going to be driving and pass the ball"? This type of indecision causes turnovers, and turnovers spell break out baskets for the other teams. Which translates in to quick spread killers if the Lakers are covering at the time. This happened in the Phoenix game a few nights ago. Lakers up by 15 in third and then a run by the Suns due to the turnovers and quick break outs. The spread was done (-8.5) and the Lakers win by six. The Lakers do not have that stopping defense necessary to keep spreads intact. It is not going to be something that miraculously changes after the break. I am saying it now. Lakers do not make the playoffs this year and fading them in spots where they are favored by 4 or more points will be my bet the rest of the season.
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6440
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:18:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by eaglequill:



I really do not think the Lakers can put it together. The chemistry is bad. Miami took a year and a half before they were able to get the chemistry right between Bosh, LeBron, and Wade. That first year they couldnt play well together consistently. I do not think you are able to just decide to play your a s s off and turn your season around. Kobe, Nash, and Howard have no chemistry. It is not going to just magically appear after the all star break. It takes many games and a desire to work together. Howard and Kobe are too busy Jockeying for the Best Player on the Lakers. Fighting in the press. Kobe wants to prove to the whole world he can do everything on the basketball court and wants to be labeled King. Howard can't be satisfied being second fiddle. Kobe wants to be Mr. assist one night and then scorer the next. This does not allow the team to form a consistency and develop the chemistry. The other players are too busy trying to understand what their role is from game to game. "Do we feed Kobe tonight because he is going to be a scorer? " or " Do we get ready to score ourselves because Kobe is going to be driving and pass the ball"? This type of indecision causes turnovers, and turnovers spell break out baskets for the other teams. Which translates in to quick spread killers if the Lakers are covering at the time. This happened in the Phoenix game a few nights ago. Lakers up by 15 in third and then a run by the Suns due to the turnovers and quick break outs. The spread was done (-8.5) and the Lakers win by six. The Lakers do not have that stopping defense necessary to keep spreads intact. It is not going to be something that miraculously changes after the break. I am saying it now. Lakers do not make the playoffs this year and fading them in spots where they are favored by 4 or more points will be my bet the rest of the season.
Spot on
oreooreo1 PM oreooreo1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 619
 
oreooreo1
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6441
Posted: 2/16/2013 3:56:00 AM
I guess we will find out soon enough. I'm not saying the Lakers are going to make the playoffs, it's obvious to any that has halfway decent that they are out of sink, but I would be careful about betting against them until they are mathematically eliminated. Your right when you say it takes more than just effort right their ship, it takes the many years of experience that Nash and Bryant have under their belt. I personally am not a fan of the Lakers, they've always been a bit ch of a team for me too get on the right side of, but now their running out of time and I think that minimizes the risk. Who knows, we all may get hit by a bunch of meteors tomorrow and it won't make a sh it!
Posted using a mobile device.
oreooreo1 PM oreooreo1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 619
 
oreooreo1
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6442
Posted: 2/16/2013 4:34:36 AM
Correction: obvious to anyone that has halfway decent vision that they are out of sink.
I'll stick my neck out and say that after the all star game there will be a window of opportunity of making money betting on the Lakers. Just my opinion! The second half of every season whether it's
football, basketball or especially baseball the teams that have been there before tend to make a run. In baseball it's more the pitchers #'s tend to get closer to his career #'s. Anyway let's all have a great second half and make some damn money. Zuzzy, I think I'll take you and Turbomans advice and just play heavy on the cream if I can figure out which ones they are! Good luck everyone and thanks Mavin for putting this deal together!
Posted using a mobile device.
eaglequill PM eaglequill
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1136
 
eaglequill
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#6443
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:46:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by oreooreo1:

Correction: obvious to anyone that has halfway decent vision that they are out of sink.
I'll stick my neck out and say that after the all star game there will be a window of opportunity of making money betting on the Lakers. Just my opinion! The second half of every season whether it's
football, basketball or especially baseball the teams that have been there before tend to make a run. In baseball it's more the pitchers #'s tend to get closer to his career #'s. Anyway let's all have a great second half and make some damn money. Zuzzy, I think I'll take you and Turbomans advice and just play heavy on the cream if I can figure out which ones they are! Good luck everyone and thanks Mavin for putting this deal together!


Oreo I respect your opinion and you have helped me look at a different perspective. That I appreciate! 
oreooreo1 PM oreooreo1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 619
 
oreooreo1
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6444
Posted: 2/16/2013 1:15:41 PM
As have you eagle, I always enjoy your write up's!
Posted using a mobile device.
halfdoctor84 PM halfdoctor84
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
 
halfdoctor84
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#6445
Posted: 2/16/2013 1:30:14 PM
Hi Mavin, 

jus been trolling ur thread for a while... love the concept of this thing.... i truly do feel that if u put the work (following and learning) we can consistently make money.... I lost 1500 really quick on bball after football ended cuz i didnt do my homework... kinda rushed in midseason ...  last few wks been pretty good but bets much much smaller and more selective... def using yalls posts n comments to aide my picks....  only problem i have with wats happening here is that betting everyday always a recipe for disaster also not more than 2-3 picks...  the lines are created so well by these super computers that unless you have more solid credible evidence from personal experience with that particular team/players than the vegas computer u cant win consistently... that said.. i havent done that yet this yr in nba but im working there and much better for it now .....  

neways thanks yall ... its saint work lol
Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#6446
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:19:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by eaglequill:



Oreo I respect your opinion and you have helped me look at a different perspective. That I appreciate! 

That is part of why we are all here-

as for Oreo this is my first year really betting alot on NBA- It seems a lot harder than the NFL where I will start a thread come pre season-

Half doctor- you are spot on betting every day can be a recipe for disaster that being said I can tell you that my $1 parlays hit about 60%-80% of the games selected, I however only pick 3 games out of those parlays on most days and hit about 50% on average which does not make u money- but when my teasers and parlays hit it makes up for it- this is entertainment and learning more about the NBA for now while I wait for september-
jackson0780 PM jackson0780
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 610
 
jackson0780
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#6447
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:07:16 PM
Hey guys, can you define the term "fading on them" I have heard of everywhere on here.. I have an idea what you mean but is it in a certain way...
Fuzzrod PM Fuzzrod
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2550
 
Fuzzrod
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#6448
Posted: 2/17/2013 1:01:21 AM
fade essentially means making an opposite pick from a capper who is either really cold or just not any good to begin with.
KingMidasTouch PM KingMidasTouch
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 432
 
KingMidasTouch
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6449
Posted: 2/17/2013 1:18:33 PM
Mr SportsMavin.
Your thread was an inspiration for me to sign up with covers and open a thread of my own. I'll be honored if you dropped in from time to time and gave your opinion. I too, as yourself - have no inspiration to become a tout and want to do what I'm best at for totally altruistic reasons.
BOL Sir
oreooreo1 PM oreooreo1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 619
 
oreooreo1
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#6450
Posted: 2/17/2013 2:10:11 PM
Can we go too?
Posted using a mobile device.
Forum: Website Promotions Page 258 of 509 «  256 257 258 259 260   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View