New forums are going live April 23, 2018. Check it out for yourself.

Georgia Tech at Clemson (11/14/2013)

Forum: College Football Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Georgia Tech at Clemson (11/14/2013)
VsTheSpread PM VsTheSpread
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
 
VsTheSpread
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 4:19:47 PM

Lynch ran for 123 yards on 20 carries and 2 TDs. if they couldn't stop him up to that point, why would they stop him with 1:26 to go?

There is a "IF ONLY" in every football game that could have changed the outcome. NIU dropped three potential pick sixes in that game. "If only" the held on to one of those, Ball st would not have covered even if they DID stop Lynch in the end.

Tonight is a little different, Clemson has a lot of players on defense listed as questionable. And they may still win by double digits. But Clemson has no incentive to blow out this team.

mob504 PM mob504
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 12
 
mob504
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 4:33:54 PM
G.TECH33
CLEM  29
Ongdia888 PM Ongdia888
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 68
 
Ongdia888
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 4:48:35 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by SURFNTURF808:

No real reason, except 72%  of covers on Clemson. So I'm taking gtech nuff said. Thanks guys

Hi surfNturf, could you tell me 1 psychological reason why this work.  I would appreciated....

lovegame2013 PM lovegame2013
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 530
 
lovegame2013
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:00:51 PM
Clemson and over ML
ALmazing PM ALmazing
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
 
ALmazing
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:08:50 PM
This is a tricky game. GT has a great running game with a very solid D and clemson is a better passing team but their D is suspect. With that being said clemson is at home. I would stay away from this game.
Jleon1721 PM Jleon1721
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
 
Jleon1721
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:10:38 PM
Tease Clemson and the colts, then time for bed 
pulsch23 PM pulsch23
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 137
 
pulsch23
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:31:09 PM
Clemson, IMO. BOL
mgmprofits PM mgmprofits
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 6659
 
mgmprofits
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:31:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ongdia888:

Hi surfNturf, could you tell me 1 psychological reason why this work.  I would appreciated....


I'll answer for him. The reason it works is because the spreads are rigged. The games are rigged. Everything in life is rigged. That's why Vegas makes all the money that they do. By sucking in the suckers to the better team and then having the dog cover most of the time. They do it in a sly way though by letting the good teams cover a certain amount of games and then getting them when everyone is on the wrong side. They make money by doing this, they're not satisfied with house juice. That's nothing to them.

Now my opinion for this game is to tease GT and forget about Clemson altogether. I looked at the stats and I can't see Clemson winning this one by more than 14 pts. And I wouldn't be surprised if GT won it outright, so that's why I wouldn't recommend to tease Clem.

Good Luck everyone
Macallanlover PM Macallanlover
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1397
 
Macallanlover
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:49:43 PM

Some of you guys make my head hurt with your conspiracy theories, especially the ones that anonymous posters scattered throughout the US can make independent decisions after a line is posted and have an impact of dozens of CFB players who don't know anyone involved with either side o0f the bet.  Jeez!  Why don't you put on your tin foil hats, go to the Grassy Knoll and rub some dead chicken's bones together, add some herbs, put it in a kettle add bacon grease and put it over a fire to heat...then ask the Wizard for guidance on who to bet on. 

You may want to study any of the thousands of pages of stats and days of video available on teams and make an informed decision.  Doesn't mean you will win, the best team doesn't always win, but you will feel better about yourself as a man.  Why be a wimp feeling like a victim because you lost a bet?  Grow a pair and accept that if you can win 65% of your bets you will win good money.  But take responsibility for your choices and don't blame others for why football games go a certain way.

jo14014 PM jo14014
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4989
 
jo14014
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:55:35 PM

27-33.....Tigers

 

 

jo14014 PM jo14014
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4989
 
jo14014
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2013 5:55:57 PM
stevopa PM stevopa
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1001
 
stevopa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2013 6:26:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mgmprofits:


I'll answer for him. The reason it works is because the spreads are rigged. The games are rigged. Everything in life is rigged. That's why Vegas makes all the money that they do. By sucking in the suckers to the better team and then having the dog cover most of the time. They do it in a sly way though by letting the good teams cover a certain amount of games and then getting them when everyone is on the wrong side. They make money by doing this, they're not satisfied with house juice. That's nothing to them.

Now my opinion for this game is to tease GT and forget about Clemson altogether. I looked at the stats and I can't see Clemson winning this one by more than 14 pts. And I wouldn't be surprised if GT won it outright, so that's why I wouldn't recommend to tease Clem.

Good Luck everyone
You actually did not answer for him.  You gave a logical explanation to a question, though you answered the wrong question.  Surfnturf is just fading the public for the sole purpose of fading the public, not because he believes in bonehead conspiracy theories like you do.  BTW, just because it worked last week, Surfnturf, doesn't mean it works at all.  It can be chalked up to coincidence or statistical anomalies. I'm not saying Clemson or GT covers: I'm saying that species reasoning, false logic, and conspiracy theories are ridiculous reasons for wagering but perfectly suitable for simpleton's like you both.
stevopa PM stevopa
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1001
 
stevopa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2013 6:43:26 PM
Specious, BTW, not species: damn auto correct.
Low-Roller PM Low-Roller
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 39
 
Low-Roller
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 6:49:50 PM
OK fellas. We all suspect conspiracies, especially when we lose. They cant fix them all and I do subscribe to the notion that if the line is too good to be true then just stay the F&&k away.

But I think I will take ole Stevopa's advice and attempt to inject some relevant logic to this debate.

It is a given that GT relies on the run almost exclusively. In prime time on the road I do really believe you get some noise impact with synchronizing the snap count. O-lineman dont get as consistent or great an advantage from knowing the snap count on the road.

I couple this with Clemson's defense this year being relatively strong on the road. Against teams that rely on the run most, they have played well Defensively. (BC, UVA, Wake) and they also held FSU to 3.2 ypc in that debacle three weeks ago.

Feel like Clemson will really be working to make up that last home game to their fans.

Clemson 37
GA Tech 17


voldkoff PM voldkoff
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 388
 
voldkoff
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 6:50:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by VsTheSpread:

Lynch ran for 123 yards on 20 carries and 2 TDs. if they couldn't stop him up to that point, why would they stop him with 1:26 to go?

There is a "IF ONLY" in every football game that could have changed the outcome. NIU dropped three potential pick sixes in that game. "If only" the held on to one of those, Ball st would not have covered even if they DID stop Lynch in the end.

Tonight is a little different, Clemson has a lot of players on defense listed as questionable. And they may still win by double digits. But Clemson has no incentive to blow out this team.



I dont know dude, i think clemson has every incentive to run up the score. they do need style points to remain relevant.
Low-Roller PM Low-Roller
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 39
 
Low-Roller
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 6:51:26 PM
and if you can give any detail on this alleged report that Boyd is in the hole to bookie that would be nice.
lordzud PM lordzud
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2102
 
lordzud
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2013 7:04:57 PM
clemson -10 at -120
mccharming PM mccharming
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 27
 
mccharming
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 7:06:45 PM
If you are betting CLEMSON and OVER. Please DON'T. Save your money for later game. I don't post often, but just listen to me. This game GT will cover and it is staying way under 61.
stevopa PM stevopa
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1001
 
stevopa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2013 7:16:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mccharming:

If you are betting CLEMSON and OVER. Please DON'T. Save your money for later game. I don't post often, but just listen to me. This game GT will cover and it is staying way under 61.
Please, people, come with an explanation or detailed thought in your posts.  Like Low-Roller did, I will try and get the ball rolling.  GT has a good ground game but it can be limited with a strong D-Line.  If no run game, then GT has no chance to score a large number of points.  Leaning on Clemson for this reason: GT has trouble stopping passing offenses.  Take a look at games versus BYU and Miami, Virginia even. Also, taking a game from earlier in the year: NC had success throwing the ball with Renner to Ebron.  The rain in that game limited big plays but I can certainly see Boyd to Watkins happening a lot tonight.
DJNY PM DJNY
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 608
 
DJNY
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 11/14/2013 7:31:18 PM
Under 62.5... Thursday under special two good defensive teams. 31-20 
SURFNTURF808 PM SURFNTURF808
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 210
 
SURFNTURF808
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/14/2013 10:09:39 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by stevopa:

You actually did not answer for him.  You gave a logical explanation to a question, though you answered the wrong question.  Surfnturf is just fading the public for the sole purpose of fading the public, not because he believes in bonehead conspiracy theories like you do.  BTW, just because it worked last week, Surfnturf, doesn't mean it works at all.  It can be chalked up to coincidence or statistical anomalies. I'm not saying Clemson or GT covers: I'm saying that species reasoning, false logic, and conspiracy theories are ridiculous reasons for wagering but perfectly suitable for simpleton's like you both.

MGM knows what im saying.... just saying beware of everyone on one side. it happens all the time in the NFL. sometimes you just have to fade. sometimes it works and its something to consider. take a look after this weekend and see if all the 70 percent games cover. I bet not

holtnt PM holtnt
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8931
 
holtnt
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/14/2013 10:21:19 PM

Old Taj “done” pulled an Aaron Rodgers on Clemson backers…  Now watch Chad Morris play calls for the rest of the game… 

UHQB PM UHQB
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2865
 
UHQB
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/15/2013 1:31:56 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by DJNY:

Under 62.5... Thursday under special two good defensive teams. 31-20 

Rookies never learn.

holtnt PM holtnt
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8931
 
holtnt
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/15/2013 9:20:29 AM

Nice job Clemson and Over backers! 

Forum: College Football Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View