New forums are now live. Check it out for yourself.

Post All-Star Home System

Forum: Systems & Strategies Page 47 of 47 «  43 44 45 46 47  
Author: [Systems & Strategies] Topic: Post All-Star Home System
Irish7878 PM Irish7878
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1467
 
Irish7878
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#1151
Posted: 7/16/2018 6:44:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by therealdutch:

I did this last year (damn LAD) and not to monkey with someone else's system, but has any consideration been given to dropping a team if they fall below a certain level?

reason i ask is we have 3 teams in the AL West and 3 teams in the NL East, which means a lot of games against each other.  just curious.

 


Dutch,

I'm too lazy to go back and look....but I do recall that sometimes we ruled out games against a fellow Post ASG Qualifier.  


Not a system play....but for my own purposes I will find it hard to bet against the lowly Reds ! 
therealdutch PM therealdutch
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 457
 
therealdutch
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#1152
Posted: 7/17/2018 11:05:26 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Originally Posted by therealdutch] I did this last year (damn LAD) and not to monkey with someone else's system, but has any consideration been given to dropping a team if they fall below a certain level? reason i ask is we have 3 teams in the AL West and 3 teams in the NL East, which means a lot of games against each other.  just curious.  

Dutch,I'm too lazy to go back and look....but I do recall that sometimes we ruled out games against a fellow Post ASG Qualifier.  Not a system play....but for my own purposes I will find it hard to bet against the lowly Reds !

looks like 15 of the 40 series start against other qualifiers, primarily b/c of divisional play.

the more i thought about it though, in theory, that should keep the juice on the ML low(er) than when these teams face bottom feeders (<.435) so chases won't be as costly.

therealdutch PM therealdutch
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 457
 
therealdutch
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#1153
Posted: 7/17/2018 12:33:41 PM

agree on the reds.  they've certainly not been playing like a cellar dweller lately. 

therealdutch PM therealdutch
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 457
 
therealdutch
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#1154
Posted: 7/17/2018 4:26:03 PM

since may 1, reds are playing just under .600 ball, and since June 1 they're win% is .673

VERY glad they played their way off the fade system.

Irish7878 PM Irish7878
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1467
 
Irish7878
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#1155
Posted: 7/18/2018 3:57:32 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by therealdutch:

Originally Posted by Irish7878] Originally Posted by therealdutch] I did this last year (damn LAD) and not to monkey with someone else's system, but has any consideration been given to dropping a team if they fall below a certain level? reason i ask is we have 3 teams in the AL West and 3 teams in the NL East, which means a lot of games against each other.  just curious.  

Dutch,I'm too lazy to go back and look....but I do recall that sometimes we ruled out games against a fellow Post ASG Qualifier.  Not a system play....but for my own purposes I will find it hard to bet against the lowly Reds ! looks like 15 of the 40 series start against other qualifiers, primarily b/c of divisional play. the more i thought about it though, in theory, that should keep the juice on the ML low(er) than when these teams face bottom feeders (<.435) so chases won't be as costly.

 

So true.  I'll be looking at situations individually.  Playing fewer series and/or double dips is never a bad thing.  Yes to lesser juice...but winning "certainty" (if there is such a thing after LAD last year, lol) will trump this.  It's why every "System" should be more of a "systemized guide" to a way of betting MLB.

CKP22 PM CKP22
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 940
 
CKP22
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#1156
Posted: 7/19/2018 9:09:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BuckeyeKaptn:

Go figure:

Atlanta Braves        7/26 - 8/10 - 8/28 - 9/14

Boston Red Sox        7/26 - 8/17 - 9/7 - 9/24

Chicago Cubs        7/19- 8/23 - 9/10 - 9/24

Houston Astros        8/9 - 8/27 - 9/14

Los Angeles Dodgers7/30 - 8/20 - 8/30 - 9/17

Milwaukee Brewers 7/20 - 8/3 - 8/20 - 9/3 - 9/14

New York Yankees7/26 - 8/9 - 8/27 - 9/14

Oakland Athletics7/30 - 8/13 - 8/30 - 9/18

Philadelphia Phillies7/20 - 8/14 - 8/27 - 9/10

Seattle Mariners        7/30 - 8/17 - 9/3 - 9/24

 



nice post
therealdutch PM therealdutch
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 457
 
therealdutch
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#1157
Posted: 7/19/2018 11:39:43 PM

Nice start to the system with cubs on G1

BuckeyeKaptn PM BuckeyeKaptn
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1394
 
BuckeyeKaptn
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#1158
Posted: 7/20/2018 11:02:11 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by CKP22:

nice post

Thanx

I'm gonna bypass Mil going against Lad.  They've only won 2 of the last 10, plus Lad is the favorite to win the NL pennant now with the trade.

Concentration PM Concentration
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 96
 
Concentration
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#1159
Posted: 7/20/2018 3:40:47 PM

Will be tailing starting tonight, to win 25$ per serie.

NickyFoles52 PM NickyFoles52
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2
 
NickyFoles52
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#1160
Posted: 7/20/2018 4:32:19 PM

Does anyone know where I can find the rules about double dipping and how that to keep track of that record 

Irish7878 PM Irish7878
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1467
 
Irish7878
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#1161
Posted: 7/20/2018 4:43:59 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by NickyFoles52:

Does anyone know where I can find the rules about double dipping and how that to keep track of that record

 

How did you win that Super Bowl MVP???

Posts 1126-1128.  Keep track of it yourself.

CKP22 PM CKP22
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 940
 
CKP22
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#1162
Posted: 7/22/2018 8:10:04 AM
Playing only two games per series this year. Will re-invest in other series when they lose

2018 record - 2-0
Game 1 wins: 1 
Game 2 wins: 1
BuckeyeKaptn PM BuckeyeKaptn
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1394
 
BuckeyeKaptn
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#1163
Posted: 7/22/2018 5:21:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by BuckeyeKaptn:

Originally Posted by CKP22]nice post

Thanx I'm gonna bypass Mil going against Lad.  They've only won 2 of the last 10, plus Lad is the favorite to win the NL pennant now with the trade.

What do I know?!

Irish7878 PM Irish7878
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1467
 
Irish7878
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#1164
Posted: 7/22/2018 10:30:48 PM
Nice double dip on both chc and Phillies also.
CKP22 PM CKP22
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 940
 
CKP22
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#1165
Posted: 7/30/2018 1:58:31 PM
2018 record - 5-0
Game 1 wins: 2 
Game 2 wins: 2
Game 4 wins: 1 (if you go that far)

If you cut after 2 games now
Record: 4-1
Game 1 wins: 2 
Game 2 wins: 2

CKP22 PM CKP22
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 940
 
CKP22
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#1166
Posted: 8/2/2018 12:08:28 PM
2018 record - 8-0
Game 1 wins: 4 
Game 2 wins: 2
Game 4 wins: 2 (if you go that far)

If you cut after 2 games now
Record: 6-2
Game 1 wins: 4 
Game 2 wins: 2
Forum: Systems & Strategies Page 47 of 47 «  43 44 45 46 47  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.