New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

NHLPA board approves league's plan for 24-team playoffs upon return

Participants:
Views: 201

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29211505/nhlpa-board-approves-league-plan-24-team-playoffs-coronavirus-return

Quote Post Report User

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

I agree with the last statement. Too much gimmickry. 

"I believe let's keep it as traditional as possible. I'd love to see us jump to a 16-team playoff," Duchene said on Sportsnet 590, warning that too much gimmickry in the playoff format would be detrimental. "You don't want to have a 'COVID Cup,' and I'm worried that if we force this thing and try and it's a little gimmicky and it's not quite right, whoever wins the Cup is gonna have people try to take it away from them for their whole lives, and guys don't deserve that."

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Montreal and Chicago being included is embarrassing.  Not surprised though, this is what NHL is with Ratboy at the helm.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76:

Montreal and Chicago being included is embarrassing.  Not surprised though, this is what NHL is with Ratboy at the helm.

Embarrassing as they'll beat Edmonton in the Series. lol

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by StatsKing:

Quote Originally Posted  benhogan76: Montreal and Chicago being included is embarrassing.  Not surprised though, this is what NHL is with Ratboy at the helm.   Embarrassing as they'll beat Edmonton in the Series. lol
Embarrassing as in they weren’t making playoffs and if it was SJ and NJ instead of Montreal and Chicago markets Ratboy wouldn’t care.  

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo