New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

Please name a few of the best running backs in the Draft

Participants:
Views: 770

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #26

thumbs_up

Yes a box a week is okay but not a box an hour  lolan_roll_laughlike I used to. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #27

Quote Originally Posted by mjm1012:

Yes a box a week is okay but not a box an hour  lollike I used to.

haha. funny one mj.  reminds me what an older man told me some 20 years ago.  I was at a trade show, and he was a vendor. he said I would like to sell these. i just bought them this week. i really dont know why i bought them, as i already have to many. He said its like a disease , a sickness...... You have to control it, like anything. thats mainly why i just stick to the rookies

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #28

LOLan_roll_laugh

Yeah where I took a beating was with the high end products I believe Upper Deck came out in the late 90's or early 00's with Ultimate, Exquisite and Master collection boxes. I remember paying up to $500 per boxes for some of those boxes and I hardly ever got my money back after selling on Ebay 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #29

dont feel to bad. we have all taken a beating when in investing. at least you financially survived it and can laugh about now.  not that its funny. but, sometimes all you can do is laugh. whether its stocks, land, business, collectibles etc...., if your buying and selling your gonna get hit with losses eventually. but if you work at it, study it and research, and are able to diversify. you can make money over the long haul. risk managment is a big key. i dont bet games very often. i just bet sports futures. and mainly just tinkering with the cards again. the thing about the cards, is that it takes alot of time.  

years ago, in the 80s, i was also buying and selling coins and comics. but there just isnt enough time for it now. too busy taking medecine all day hahaha

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #30

thumbs_upYeah I hear you! Did well in coins and stock market but took a beating in cards and sports gambling! Since I'm retired, single and getting oldbigsmile

probably start traveling more when the pandemic ends LOL. Take care!thumbs_up

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #31

Quote Originally Posted by joey1941:

Quote Originally Posted by mjm1012: Yes, in the short term money can be made in sports cards however in the long run IMHO 90% of all cards will drop in value. I agree with OlDirtyBaztid that there are hardcore collectors that will spend the dough on cards. For me it was the "rush" (exactly like gambling) of opening up boxes and sometime cases of sports card just to pull a expensive rookie auto of any sport. Haha. yeah its a rush. as you said, quite a bit like gambling.  i bought a box of nba hoops a couple of weeks ago for $21. that is a cheap box by most any standards. i pulled 2 zions. one worth 70 and the other worth 20.  i got lucky. to me, buying boxes is like buying lotto tickets. i dont buy alot of boxes or packs, and i dont receommend it, but you can get lucky. i buy about a box a week and look at it just like to lotto.

i've been getting into case breaks for teams. i know exactly what you mean by the rush. i just started getting back into cards after a long hiatus and man, the game has changed. makes me wonder how many kids can actually afford this stuff. these hobby boxes go for insane numbers. sometimes more than what the majority of the cards are worth. i've been trying to land bids on ebay for some new topps atlanta braves cards. nice find on the hoops box. those are out everywhere around here

No team is as good as it looks when winning nor are they as bad as they look when losing

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #32

Quote Originally Posted by mjm1012:

Yeah I hear you! Did well in coins and stock market but took a beating in cards and sports gambling! Since I'm retired, single and getting old probably start traveling more when the pandemic ends LOL. Take care!

Traveling YAY.  get out and hit the road. its good for your health.  Leaving this afternoon be gone for about week. dont do the internet much while im away . take care

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #33

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid:

Quote Originally Posted by joey1941: Quote Originally Posted by mjm1012: Yes, in the short term money can be made in sports cards however in the long run IMHO 90% of all cards will drop in value. I agree with OlDirtyBaztid that there are hardcore collectors that will spend the dough on cards. For me it was the "rush" (exactly like gambling) of opening up boxes and sometime cases of sports card just to pull a expensive rookie auto of any sport. Haha. yeah its a rush. as you said, quite a bit like gambling.  i bought a box of nba hoops a couple of weeks ago for $21. that is a cheap box by most any standards. i pulled 2 zions. one worth 70 and the other worth 20.  i got lucky. to me, buying boxes is like buying lotto tickets. i dont buy alot of boxes or packs, and i dont receommend it, but you can get lucky. i buy about a box a week and look at it just like to lotto. i've been getting into case breaks for teams. i know exactly what you mean by the rush. i just started getting back into cards after a long hiatus and man, the game has changed. makes me wonder how many kids can actually afford this stuff. these hobby boxes go for insane numbers. sometimes more than what the majority of the cards are worth. i've been trying to land bids on ebay for some new topps atlanta braves cards. nice find on the hoops box. those are out everywhere around here

thanks. i just got back in about a year ago. i hope it goes well for you. ive heard about and seen the case breaks on ebay. but, i have no clue what they are about. maybe you can give me a little info. it would be appreciated. you can get the hoops boxes at walmart or on ebay. zion cards are doing well right now.  

i will be out of town for about a week. i dont do the internet when im away. but, will chat with you when i get back.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #34

back from traveling. actually i been back about 8 days. been working on buying rookies from the draft. i have bought about 10 different players. 10 to 20 cards each.  i buy all the qbs and rbs in the first 3 rounds.  there are about 20 qbs, rbs in the first 2 rounds.  i havent got any further than that, but i will buy the majority of all the qbs and rbs in all 7 rounds.

i aslo bought shea patterson, an undrafted qb from michigan. his numbers are good. not sure why he wasnt drafted, but he signed with the chiefs, about a week after the draft. he is a long shot as far as making money with his cards, considering mahomes isnt going anywhere. sometimes, its a gamble lol

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #35

Anyone have any thoughts on running backs and quarterbacks in rounds 3 through 7.  i will buy most of them, but not all. who are some of the sleepers, that may have ended up on a team with a good offensive line ?

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo