New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

Goodbye Football

Participants:
Views: 1921

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #76

Looking good so far Trooper. If we could get the tyrant governors out of the way, the country could safely open. At least the power hungry tyrants are exposing themselves everyday... If you removed the nursing home deaths this wouldn't even be news...

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #77

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

If Bill Gates allows it, they will play... Interesting thought here, if players test positive a day or so before game time they will be a late scratch like a horse. It could occur more than we can fathom. Lines and odds could bounce like a ping pong ball. Also, the visiting team's offense won't have to use a silent count at all if there are no fans. This alone makes me lean road dogs and overs, which usually isn't correlated. WizerGuy, I'm just bustin balls

Yeah, you can forget about any "home field advantage " this year.. Every game should be looked at as a " neutral site " game, regardless of where the game is played..

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #78

K_B. I should handicap football like I do pandemics.  an_wink

I believe the NFL WILL start on time. Limited or no fans. Early season games will be sloppy.  Limited off season workouts and training camps will show. 

Veteran QB's and intact units will have an edge.

On a side note,  I think the NBA cancels the rest of this year. Their season is so long that it will interfere with the  20-21 year. Also, they will not go up against the NFL. 

I'd rather be talking about games.....

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #79

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper64:

K_B. I should handicap football like I do pandemics.   I believe the NFL WILL start on time. Limited or no fans. Early season games will be sloppy.  Limited off season workouts and training camps will show.  Veteran QB's and intact units will have an edge. On a side note,  I think the NBA cancels the rest of this year. Their season is so long that it will interfere with the  20-21 year. Also, they will not go up against the NFL.  I'd rather be talking about games.....

Agreed although in nearly 4 months when they start they will allow about 20-25K fans 6 feet apart IMOP and it sounds like even if a few players on a team test positive they will be pulled for about a month I guess and just be replaced with practice roster players from their and other teams and ready to play free agents itching to go so I think everything will go off pretty well in sept.

This opinion is a far cry from my op. 2 months ago as I was an alarmist with the sky ready to fall not that that does not mean it won't financially...it's going down big time as the lockdown/cure reaction is much much worse than the virus warrants but as more info comes in.....health wise.....on how many people have already had the virus with no ill effects about 50x what the #'s the gov. is telling us  (NYC is as an example) this greatly over blown media hyped scare is starting to wear off and in 4 months it will be even harder to scare people so NFL here we come in sept. with about 1/3 of the fans as it is 19x more likely to catch this indoors football (around 25 stadiums) and baseball have big adv. over NBA/NHL for fans and somewhat for players.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #80

Awesome tunes especially Traffic. Oh to be young again back in 72! 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #81

Banging since 1983

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #82

Banging since 1983

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #83

Banging since 1983

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #84

Banging since 1983

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #85

Banging since 1983
Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo