Search forums
Search model icon

Brees announces his retirement today

Participants:
Views: 307
Posts: 19
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2012
Posts: 6559
Posted: #1

an_clap

Banging since 1983
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2017
Posts: 1526
Posted: #2

Cheers to a Great career & a Class Act all the way! an_cheers

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2015
Posts: 3304
Posted: #3

Finding a solid replacement won't be a Brees.

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 8882
Posted: #4

GREAT career set records a class act all the way

I love dat t w a t
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2021
Posts: 481
Posted: #5

Has there every been an off season where two QB's the likes of Brees and Rivers retired. Brees is a lock for the Hall of Fame and Rivers will almost certainly make it at some point. Big shoes to fill for the Saints, don't believe Hill or Winston is the long term answer.

 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2018
Posts: 1058
Posted: #6

Should have retired two years ago  horrible last two post seasons.

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2016
Posts: 718
Posted: #7

So will the Saints make Hill the starter? Is Jameis a free agent?

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2016
Posts: 1251
Posted: #8

Brees had his time...just like aa-RON had his time...Rivers...Peyton (and Eli who actually did more for my G-MEN)...

so Breezy Breeze...go live your life...have fun in DA BOOTH on Sundays...the wife will be pizzed...but she'll like the bucks...

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2021
Posts: 26
Posted: #9

Winston signed a one year deal with the Saints and will absolutely be the starter. Hill's deal was extended/restructured to an absurd 4 year/$140mil....but the last three years are voidable. And by voidable that means there is a 100% chance those years will be voided. 

The only way Winston wont be the long term solution for the Saints is if he signs a monster deal with another team in 2022. I think he'll do well though this year and the Saints will lock him up. This will be the first winning team Winston's started for and he should do great with Payton as a coach. That is to say, no more dumb Arians' plays like 40 yard bombs on 3rd and 1. With Hill probably taking those plays I can see Winston throwing for 4800 yards, 30 TD's, with half as many INT's (15).

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2014
Posts: 23820
Posted: #10

Brees held the Saints back last year.....Deep ball was non existent...I see no drop off if Winston gets he starting job....offense will probably be better.

Scary Cat DO
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2006
Posts: 7732
Posted: #11

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstones:

Should have retired two years ago  horrible last two post seasons.


Brees stayed long enough to sell out his personal beliefs and become a kneeler and apologizer and voila...he just inked a big money deal as a football analyst...of course he isn't the first person to sell their soul for money. 

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2021
Posts: 26
Posted: #12

Quote Originally Posted by lancer89074:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstones: Should have retired two years ago  horrible last two post seasons. Brees stayed long enough to sell out his personal beliefs and become a kneeler and apologizer and voila...he just inked a big money deal as a football analyst...of course he isn't the first person to sell their soul for money.

 

Brees was pro-police brutality? Didn't know that.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2018
Posts: 1058
Posted: #13

@lancer89074

And there's Brady who's truly the biggest fraud in NFL history throwing 3 consecutive 2nd half INTs in the NFC championship.game and his team still wins the game .and his defense wins the Super Bowl

what's it all about Alfie ?

 

 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2016
Posts: 1251
Posted: #14

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstones:

@lancer89074 And there's Brady who's truly the biggest fraud in NFL history throwing 3 consecutive 2nd half INTs in the NFC championship.game and his team still wins the game .and his defense wins the Super Bowl what's it all about Alfie ?

It's all about selective perception, Alfie...

All 3 INTS ended on the Packers half of the field, none even close to midfield, all 3 were Mike Evans targets.  Bucs up 28-10 before all that started.

First one an out and up and Evans stopped running...coulda caught it if he didn't stop in his tracks when he saw the DB cut across five yards in front of him.  INT returned to maybe the GB 25 yd line.

Second one was a bullet down the middle a little high that Evans tipped around the GB 10-yd line and if he jumped he might have caught it and his momentum would have taken him in for an easy TD.  INT around the goal line returned to maybe the 20.

Third one Brady pressured by a nickel D in slot coverage who came around the corner and was in Brady's face and he threw it sideline down around the 25 where he thought Evans would be. Evans didn't look back the whole play and when he turned around finally what shoulda have been a jump ball reception was the DB falling out of bounds at the GB 23.

The first and third INTs Evans never looked for the ball...weird...maybe didn't want to get crunched if he turned his head.

Yeah...Brady's the luckiest QB of all time...all planned by Goddell and his script writers to help his good buddy, Kraft, for 9 SUPES and then to help his new found friends, the Glazer family, so Brady could make it 7 outta 10 SUPE wins.  

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2006
Posts: 7732
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by CheckChange1000:

Brees was pro-police brutality? Didn't know that.


Brees didn't believe (before pressure was applied) that the workplace should be used as a political soapbox to diss the anthem and American flag.
Jim Brown doesn't think so either...
As a public service I offer up this common sense approach on the subject:

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2021
Posts: 26
Posted: #16

Kneeling wasn't a diss to the Anthem or the American flag in any way. It was peaceful act done to raise awareness about police brutality, which happens to be illegal in all 50 states. How on earth you could think kneeling was the more disrespectful act of the two is a mystery. Telling people they can't kneel whenever or wherever they want is as delusional as it is un-American. 

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2006
Posts: 7732
Posted: #17

Quote Originally Posted by CheckChange1000:

Kneeling wasn't a diss to the Anthem or the American flag in any way. It was peaceful act done to raise awareness about police brutality, which happens to be illegal in all 50 states. How on earth you could think kneeling was the more disrespectful act of the two is a mystery. Telling people they can't kneel whenever or wherever they want is as delusional as it is un-American.


If the kneeling protest is not a disrespectful act, then why is it done when the anthem is played and the show of the flag is made? Why not kneel when the other anthem is played? 

NFL players are hired workers being paid for their time on the field. I could not make my working place a soapbox for my political beliefs and neither should they be allowed to do this. They are at work...end of story. 

The players are free to do their social justice warrior work on their own time and on their own dime. Next year the ratings will tank even more...if the NFL can't improve their ratings with lock-downs and a captive audience, they won't improve when the economy opens up. Defund the NFL...

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2021
Posts: 26
Posted: #18

@lancer89074

The second "anthem" is a new feature in the NFL. When 5-star supreme snowflakes all lost their minds about the kneeling, there was just one song. The second one was added for you, not for "them". By the way, kneeling when white people aren't paying attention does nothing to raise awareness of the issue at hand.

Fun fact: Kaepernick sat on the bench during the anthem at first. A member of the military said that kneeling would be the more respectful way of sending his message. If you have a problem with a harmless, peaceful message being sent during the National Anthem, take it up with a Marine near you. 

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2006
Posts: 7732
Posted: #19

Quote Originally Posted by CheckChange1000:

@lancer89074 The second "anthem" is a new feature in the NFL. When 5-star supreme snowflakes all lost their minds about the kneeling, there was just one song. The second one was added for you, not for "them". By the way, kneeling when white people aren't paying attention does nothing to raise awareness of the issue at hand. Fun fact: Kaepernick sat on the bench during the anthem at first. A member of the military said that kneeling would be the more respectful way of sending his message. If you have a problem with a harmless, peaceful message being sent during the National Anthem, take it up with a Marine near you.


Nice attempt at deflection but answer my question...If the kneeling protest is not a disrespectful act, then why is it done when the anthem is played and the show of the flag is made? 

Your whole point is white's awareness must be raised...of course racial hatred and injustice only exists in the white race? Now we both know that this is Bravo Sierra.

Why don't you share how you really talk about whitey with your bros? I would love to hear some of those phrases from you...I'm sure others would find it fascinating too. Of course you don't have the spine to share those do you? 

Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo