New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

ABSOLUTE BEST NFL HANDICAPPING BOOKS & MAGAZINES!

Participants:
Views: 3996

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #26

This is my last plug for the Lombardi book: Gridiron Genius. If you're serious about winning, you should read that book. Actually, if you're serious about winning, you should read all the material originally posted:

1) Marc Lawrence's Playbook Football Preview Guide - usually out the last week of June. Great team write-ups and articles, along with tons of trends. A must-read.

2) Lindy's Pro Football Annual - Bought my copy today at the newsstand! Lots of good player info and a coaching roster for every team.

3) Athlon Sports Pro Football Annual - Bought my copy of this today too! Also has good player info, along with great info on all the different coordinator changes.

4) Week One NFL Winners - 2019 version on sale at Amazon now. Over 100 pages of analysis for this year's 16 Week One games. Tons of coaching history info. Must-read.

5) How to Beat the Pro Football Pointspread by Bobby Smith. A really good book with some great handicapping advice.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #27

Time to dust this off for 2020. I just got my 2020 copy of Lindy's in the mail today from Amazon. Never have I been more grateful for an NFL preview magazine. I got the Redskins cover with Ryan Kerrigan, because I liked the picture. The 2020 editions of all of these are now available. With newsstands shuttered around the country, I will get my copies from Amazon.

BTW, in another thread I mentioned all the preview magazines picking Buffalo to win the AFC East. Lindy's has them #1 in the division. They also have Dallas finishing first in the NFC East.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #28

Can you tell me what kind of info you get from Lindy's Annual that you don't get anywhere else on the internet? I have read some Annuals in the past, but everytime I tought it was a waste of (small) money. It didn't provide anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess:

BTW, in another thread I mentioned all the preview magazines picking Buffalo to win the AFC East. Lindy's has them #1 in the division. They also have Dallas finishing first in the NFC East.

And this is what I mean. On the internet we can read lots of info about this division outcome. It doesn't provide anything new. Something like 'Wow! Didn't think about that angle!"

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #29

5) How to Beat the Pro Football Pointspread by Bobby Smith. A really good book with some great handicapping advice.

Just bought this book. Good tip!

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #30

Love the playbook, also like the newsletter pointwise with its mathmatical rate guide

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #31

Quote Originally Posted by Charon84:

Can you tell me what kind of info you get from Lindy's Annual that you don't get anywhere else on the internet? I have read some Annuals in the past, but everytime I tought it was a waste of (small) money. It didn't provide anything new. Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess: BTW, in another thread I mentioned all the preview magazines picking Buffalo to win the AFC East. Lindy's has them #1 in the division. They also have Dallas finishing first in the NFC East. And this is what I mean. On the internet we can read lots of info about this division outcome. It doesn't provide anything new. Something like 'Wow! Didn't think about that angle!"

I'll answer your question by quickly listing the merits of each:

1) Lindy's: First-rate analysis for all 32 teams, plus a roster list that comes in extremely handy once injuries set in. You can make notes and adjust the roster lists, which alone makes it worth much more than the cost of the magazine. Available on Amazon

2) Marc's Playbook Annual: First-rate analysis for all 32 pro teams, PLUS over 100 college teams, PLUS a ton of handicapping info in the back, PLUS literally hundreds (thousands) of team and coaching trends. Available from Marc's site plus Amazon.

3) Week One NFL Winners: First-rate analysis for all 16 Week One games, plus a ton of handicapping info and articles. Stuff in here you won't find , not even on the internet. Available on Amazon.

4) How to Beat the Pro Football Pointspread: One of the best football handicapping books available, with a great chapter on totals and another on coaching history.

If you read, process and apply the information in these four sources, and practice proper money management, you are almost guaranteed to have a winning season. But you have to read and comprehend the information. Sports betting is not for the feeble or lazy. It takes work, properly applied.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #32

@DoctorSucces

"First-rate analysis for all 32 teams"? What makes it first-rate? I've also read some Annuals and yes they are good, but in the end of the season most of the times they aren't better then my own.

"of team and coaching trends"? What do you mean with that and how does that help with handicapping?

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #33

Stuff in here you won't find , not even on the internet. Available on Amazon. Should be: Stuff in here you won't find anywhere, not even on the internet.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #34

I'm a big believer in information/trends, whatever I can find out. That being said, I make my plays off my gut. It's many years of experience plus any data that I feel is pertinent to that particular matchup that dictates my decisions, and for those of you who have followed my NFL write-ups here on Covers over the years, you know it's a formula that works for me. If you know the game, learn to trust your "gut."

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #35

warren sharps preview is plus ev buy. whos on cover of marc lawrence playbook?

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #36

Quote Originally Posted by firesox:

warren sharps preview is plus ev buy. whos on cover of marc lawrence playbook?

what does plus ev buy mean? I tried reading sharp's preview, but it is so overloaded with pictures of team helmets that all look alike and other graphics it's almost impossible to read. Patrick Mahomes is on the cover of Marc's mag.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #37

@DoctorSucces "First-rate analysis for all 32 teams"? What makes it first-rate? I've also read some Annuals and yes they are good, but in the end of the season most of the times they aren't better then my own. "of team and coaching trends"? What do you mean with that and how does that help with handicapping?

I don't understand what is so difficult to understand. I'll tell you what, I'll make it easy for you. Give me any page number from the 2020 editions of Lindy's Pro magazine or Week One NFL Winners - I have both - and I'll tell you how to make money off that single page. Then multiply that page times 200 or how many pages are in each publication and you're talking tons of potential money won. Give me any page number, as long as it has football information on it. Don't give me the page number with the cheerleaders on it.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #38

Michael Lombardi's perspective is gold imo.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #39

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

Michael Lombardi's perspective is gold imo.

A smart handicapper turned me on to that book last year. When you read about all the little details that Belichick puts into his preparation that no one else is doing, it's just mind-boggling. It's like he's operating on a whole different level than the other 31 head coaches.

We can do the same thing. We can add details to our handicapping that no one else is doing.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #40

what does plus ev mean?

That on average a decision is gaining money. I know this term from Poker.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #41

I don't understand what is so difficult to understand. I'll tell you what, I'll make it easy for you. Give me any page number from the 2020 editions of Lindy's Pro magazine or Week One NFL Winners - I have both - and I'll tell you how to make money off that single page. Then multiply that page times 200 or how many pages are in each publication and you're talking tons of potential money won. Give me any page number, as long as it has football information on it. Don't give me the page number with the cheerleaders on it.

Point taken. Let's give it a try. Though shipment costs are way higher then the price for the Annual 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #42

Point taken. Let's give it a try. Though shipment costs are way higher then the price for the Annual

Found a English distributor who has far lower shipment costs, so that's a good thing.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #43

And not a single person took me up on my challenge. Very well. I'm moving on.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #44

Well, if I had the Annual I would certainly challenge you. But as for now I don't have it.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #45

what challenge?   I must have missed it 

Lamp

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #46

Post 37:

"Give me any page number from the 2020 editions of Lindy's Pro magazine or Week One NFL Winners - I have both - and I'll tell you how to make money off that single page. Then multiply that page times 200 or how many pages are in each publication and you're talking tons of potential money won. Give me any page number, as long as it has football information on it. Don't give me the page number with the cheerleaders on it."

It's mind-boggling to me that thousands of visitors to this forum will bet literally thousands of dollars a week on football games, yet recoil in horror and stinginess when I recommend they spend ten dollars for a Preview magazine or fifteen dollars for a book, both of which contain hundreds of pages of money-making advice and information. Makes me wonder if the majority of people here have a psychological need to lose.

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo