New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

2020 Hot Stove

Participants:
Views: 15642

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1201

Btw, thanks for the kind words fellas. The Wake and Mass is tomorrow, and we are burying him in Poland where his folks and sister are at rest.

peace

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1202

Can you make the trip sac? Is Poland OK with Covid-19 restrictions or do you have family there to attend to the details? 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1203

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

Orlando Cepeda hit the game winning single, and Jeg still asks this question on an open forum
I believe he drove in Willie McCovey and Stu Miller got the win....

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1204

Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

Can you make the trip sac? Is Poland OK with Covid-19 restrictions or do you have family there to attend to the details?

My mother is. We're not sure if it will be feasible for me to go. There currently is a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone(citizen or not) upon arrival to the country. We are looking into it.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1205

And yes Key, we have family and friends who are taking care of the burial arrangements across the pond.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #1206

Peace and Love goes out to all you guys, especially the old timers. My old man kicked the can on Thursday, he was 75. Led a good life. I'll see you guys when some real baseball gets started.

sorry to hear, brother. i lost my old man when i was 21 and not a day goes by that i don't think about him. it's comforting to know he lived a good life. let me know if you need anything

No team is as good as it looks when winning nor are they as bad as they look when losing

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1207

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid:

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac: Peace and Love goes out to all you guys, especially the old timers. My old man kicked the can on Thursday, he was 75. Led a good life. I'll see you guys when some real baseball gets started. sorry to hear, brother. i lost my old man when i was 21 and not a day goes by that i don't think about him. it's comforting to know he lived a good life. let me know if you need anything
We have that in common. Peace to all. peace

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1208

Quote Originally Posted by LogCottage:

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac: Orlando Cepeda hit the game winning single, and Jeg still asks this question on an open forumI believe he drove in Willie McCovey and Stu Miller got the win....

Why would you fake fans have the Giants home station.you did see RADIO right?No way was that the 62 WS which I am guessing your guys sarcastic remarks are Implying,

sac hope you get to make the trip ut you miss alot of work,do not know your Funeral leave,mine is only 3 days so if I was working it would be a hit on 14 days plus do you have to stay in when you come home?But you should get disablity as it's a medical thing,maybe.

Hope it works for you the way you want.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1209

Poland is a member of the EU. Are they even allowing any U.S. Americans in? Europe is very serious about this. 

confused

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1210

The borders are tight. The mandatory quarantine is strictly managed. Once in the country, you have to remain inside of the household/hotel room, no visitors, you can't leave, and all food/goods are delivered. Police make visits 3 times a day, if you're not there you get fined. If you break any of the rules you get fined heavily.

Once in the country, getting out is even more difficult(from what I'm hearing). In my mother's case, she has a house in Poland. She's retired. And has a few friends and family there. An extended stay for her wouldn't be a big deal. For me, I'd run into some problems.

Today, the Wake, Mass and lunch in went beautifully. I couldn't of dreamed of a better service. I feel like we sent off my father properly. He was a highly respected musician in Poland and here in Chicago. When we carried his casket out of the Church to Chopin's "funeral march", everyone gave him a standing ovation. That's when it hit me hard, but I've never been prouder of anything in my entire life till that moment.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1211

That’s awesome Sac.  I remember my fathers funeral and thinking I had no idea he had this many friends.  People couldn’t even get in the door

RIP

Lamp

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1212

Glad it went well sac,starting to look like no one coming out of this without some changes,

peace_5peace_5an_cheers

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1213

A well-respected man....

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1214

Key you need to change your Calif.name,fruity is no longer in the ballpark,stupid or nuts maybe selfish comes to mind,so not sure what you can make out of that but the things I see now on the news has me just baffled,people refuse to wear mask and when someone will say something the person with no mask goes nuts and starts screaming at everyone and just ready to fight everyone that is there.The protest because people are being asked to stay at home and the area's where the virus is worse are the people doing the driving all over Calif. to the areas that are on the coast so now these travelers do not wear mask or do the distance thing,Santa Cruz which is suppose to be the place where all the Hippies from the 60s in SF are supposed to be at now had a group walk in from who knows where and knocked over the plexiglass the eatery had put up and when a worker from Philipines said something the group started yelling racial slurs at the guy which lead to a violet fight.

Now a week after the fight they fire the guy that worked there for being one of the first involved in fight which really was a bad idea,10 other workers quit and a bunch of customers also complained to Mgn.about how he should not have been fired and now the place is closed again but reason for closing was not given.

So now from what Paul Rand said yesterday the reason we do not have baseball is because the Good Doctor who seems to be the only one giving us info about the Virus,is also the reason we do not have sports and our Kids are not in school is all the fault of a Doctor that works on Germs,guess that means Trump was never involved in the Virus or helping to split the Country apart with his Fake NEWS.And Rand last time I heard about him was when his neighbor was kicking his azz.new_laugh_crynew_laugh_cry

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #1215

betonline has odds up for july 23. cole vs scherzer +116. scherzer as a home dog looks awfully enticing

No team is as good as it looks when winning nor are they as bad as they look when losing

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1216

https://www.mlb.com/news/jose-quintana-has-surgery-on-left-thumb

Fading the Cubs as favorites is going to be a cash cow this season.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1217

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid:

betonline has odds up for july 23. cole vs scherzer +116. scherzer as a home dog looks awfully enticing

+120 now...

O7-125

U7+105

The dog and under looks like a nice parlay

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1218

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid: betonline has odds up for july 23. cole vs scherzer +116. scherzer as a home dog looks awfully enticing +120 now...   O7-125 U7+105   The dog and under looks like a nice parlay
A Yankee game is almost always going to draw over money, no matter who the starters are, even these two guys. Gotta like those picks if the line holds up.

Sac, was your dad's funeral streamed or did they just send pictures really fast? You seem to be so knowledgeable about it it almost seems like you were there. Anyway, I'm glad your mom could be there and had plenty of support.

R.I.P. peace

JEG: I will fall back on a very old line about California (yeah, another one). Q: What do California and a granola bar have in common? A: If you throw out the fruits and nuts all you have left are the flakes". Is that any better?  

new_laugh_cry

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1219

The burial hasn't happened yet Key. Still waiting for the paperwork to filter. He hasn't taken the flight yet to Poland, but all the preparation is ready once he gets there.

I was referring to the the Wake and Mass which we held here.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1220

The burial hasn't happened yet Key. Still waiting for the paperwork to filter. He hasn't taken the flight yet to Poland, but all the preparation is ready once he gets there. I was referring to the the Wake and Mass which we held here.
Gotcha, guess I got a little ahead on my thinking there (duh). peace peace_5

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #1221

JEG: I will fall back on a very old line about California (yeah, another one). Q: What do California and a granola bar have in common? A: If you throw out the fruits and nuts all you have left are the flakes". Is that any better?  

new_laugh_cry

You know the way these people are acting I do not think this works anymore,they are way past the flakes and into just plain stupid,like say someone that was smart enough to buy Amazon in 97,but when they doubled their money sold it for 10,000 but if they would of let it ride that same 5,000 would be worth 2 mill. now and they would be set for life.an_brickan_arsed.

So are we playing sports soon or not,baseball had a bunch of cases didn't they,31 I believe I heard plus Jimmy Johnson in Nascar or Indy Cars,Guess it is up to Newson what happens in Calif.

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo