New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

NEW FORMAT SUCKS

Participants:
Views: 977

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #51

Quote Originally Posted by Covers-Team:

Quote Originally Posted by yaongingy:

So basically that means they can't do much about it, because this new format has built it constraints... in that case our feedback is useless, especially since the 2 formats were run in parallel for so many months, users were complaining about the new format even from the beginning, and after the backlash they allowed us to have the option of using the old format, but they still didn't change anything about the new format.   Unless I'm reading wrong the response you got ODB, any attempt of feedback is rather futile, as long as they don't have any realistic options of changing anything, which is a shame, because they've ruined a great thing imo, the white alone makes it so tiring to look at and from thay last paragraph, this is the best they can do about it?! Pity...
Hi yaongingy, Your feedback is not useless, it is greatly appreciated and we are using it to make the necessary changes to the new forum. We have added some shading to help reduce the amount of white space on the screen. Is there anything else with the layout you are having difficulty with? Thanks, - CT

Hi CT,

I didn't mean to be dismissive with my post, it's just that this new format makes the experience really frustrating and again, hard on the eyes, if you looks through the disgruntled posts around the forum this is the main objection.

Imo, the page layout is too big, fe now when I'm quoting your post the text box is as wide as the page layout with all that white, all that remains is some gray on both edges, but the paragraphs from a posted message don't go to the edge of the box, that white space that remains is bothering on the eyes, same goes for the space after the username until the box where the message appears. These 2 things make the forum seem large, overblown and the white exacerbates the whole page. If you could change the shade of white and make the username box and the text box smaller, it would make the experience of reading the forum so tiring, this is the main difference between this new version and the old one, the old one was more brought together, easier to navigate and to read.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I hope I made myself clear and didn't sound confusing.

Accomplished time-waster

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #52

Hi yaongingy,

We appreciate the feedback, that is exactly what we are looking for. We have passed those 2 suggestions along to our developers and will work to condense the boxes and white space as much as possible.

Thanks,

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #53

Hi yaongingy, We appreciate the feedback, that is exactly what we are looking for. We have passed those 2 suggestions along to our developers and will work to condense the boxes and white space as much as possible. Thanks, - CT

I liked my last feedback,guess you guys did not,lol.

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #54

Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

Hi yaongingy, We appreciate the feedback, that is exactly what we are looking for. We have passed those 2 suggestions along to our developers and will work to condense the boxes and white space as much as possible. Thanks, - CT
  I liked my last feedback,guess you guys did not,lol.

Hi JEG53,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes, you're feedback was greatly appreciated as well! To address your concern, we will be looking to improve the Profile Pages and add more features to them to make it easier find and navigate all of your forum activity. Stay tuned for updates there.

Thanks, 

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #55

peace_5

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #56

Yes the new format is a little underwhelming but I suppose this will blow over

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo