New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

COVERS team lets halt touts forever

Participants:
Views: 86

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

simply have wait period of 24 hours with any new signups before they can post threads

heres one i nba betting forum https://www.covers.com/forum/ViewThread/103429564/11--4-5-k-plays

I LOVE GAMBLING
Quote Post Report User

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Hello Zebra,

That is something currently in effect for new sign-ups, some spam users have been able to by-pass this. The development team is aware of this and are looking at ways to further combat these spammers, without affecting our regular users.

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Try this.

Newer (less than a few days) posts a tout, kill account and all updates made by tout.  Something like this could be automated, but would need at least one user to complain.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

it will not affect the users already members all otherforums do this it's perfect way to halt the touts 24 wait period to verify e mail address now you havethier IP address stored so next time they try to join with a throwaway E mail bam you halt them at gate.

I LOVE GAMBLING

Covers Team Icon Covers Team
Posted: #5

Hi Zebra,

We have 24 hour period before posting / creating a thread already in place and we are also enable to block IP addresses as well but the users can simple use a VPN or change their IP address to get around this.

We are evaluating different options to combat this one of which is to manually moderate the first post or thread or use machine learning to look for certain keywords and automatically remove and block the user.

Hope to have something for you guys here soon as we can relate to how annoying this can get for everyone.

Winning Starts Here
Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo