New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

The virus and betting College Football

Participants:
Views: 900
Posts: 91
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 7730
Posted: #76

DUFL - to clarify, my retort was not directed at you at all, but a few others on this string...

 

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

imbeciles spreading false information with a political agenda, at the behest of their leader, even on Covers...certainly not part of the solution...   Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life: Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNight11: Yes ACTIVE.  Sorry for the confusion. The US numbers correlate to those percentages as well 99% mild 1% Serious/Critical   Please dont forget about severe lung damage , strokes in younger people , kidney issues , and irreversible chronic fatigue that is possible....Death is NOT the only concern

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #77

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

DUFL - to clarify, my retort was not directed at you at all, but a few others on this string...   Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier: imbeciles spreading false information with a political agenda, at the behest of their leader, even on Covers...certainly not part of the solution...   Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life: Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNight11: Yes ACTIVE.  Sorry for the confusion. The US numbers correlate to those percentages as well 99% mild 1% Serious/Critical   Please dont forget about severe lung damage , strokes in younger people , kidney issues , and irreversible chronic fatigue that is possible....Death is NOT the only concern

Couldn't help himself, emboldened by mob mentality.

 

PLEASE CLARIFY EXACTLY, WHAT INFORMATION IN this thread IS FALSE and explain why? 

I've come up with a new term, I call it "CONVENIENT IMPLICATION". Politicians LOVE to use it, media has adapted it, and now social media runs by it. So what is it? 

It is when, for instance, someone says the coronavirus is real, it's out there, but is not the threat it was early on. The CONVENIENT IMPLYER replies, "I always bookmark when someone says the virus is a hoax". Thereby implying the poster is saying the virus is a hoax based on what they said without coming right out and saying it.

Then you get "imbeciles spreading false information" but nothing about what information, just a complete generalization. CONVENIENT IMPLICATION.

 

 

 

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2017
Posts: 241
Posted: #78

I too would like to know what is false?

LHH provides no basis for an argument, just calls people’s names.  But sure, I’m the imbecile for being the only one to provide any sort of data and first hand knowledge of the covid-19 situation.  Only on covers man I swear 

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 7730
Posted: #79

What does COVID-19 have to do with college football capping per se?   You guys seem enthralled with it, along with the recent civil unrest related to the police brutality protests...Why?    Do you think your partisan rants and diatribes are giving yourselves and anyone else an advantage with regard to capping for the 2020 College Football season?  I don't think so...  Ask yourselves, why are there not more posters on here?     Because most rational folks don't want to waste time bemoaning theories that are unsubstantiated and add no value to any capping efforts that they may be considering, since it is extremely uncertain and unlikely that there will be a college football season in 2020.   Perhaps you two, Uniman and Hockey, would better served doing your own stealth research, so you can gain an advantage, if there there is indeed a 2020 college football season.    No one really keeps score on Covers.    We are all anonymous here.    Personally, I would appreciate if you two would focus on providing your perspectives on the upcoming season, even if it will be delayed or not played at all.    Position analysis, coaching changes, Weeks 1-4 gems, based on available information.   That would be value add to all of us.  But, no, its COVID, its partisan political diatribes, that only make yourselves feel better, and add no value.   That is my argument.   You guys are spouting BS that is of virtually no value to the forum.  Its almost July.  In a normal year, we would be a month away from opening college football camps.  We would be devouring Steele for hidden gems.    I regret some of my name calling, but I think I speak for a lot of silent reviewers here.   It would be appreciated, if you focus on college football capping for 2020, or perhaps 2021 or whenever we fortunate to place a wager on college football again.   Focus on showing empathy for the folks who have died of this scourge like Wise's sister et al.   Life is so much more important than college football, or whether or not you or anyone else ever wins a college football wager again.    Show some empathy for the players, their families, the coaches. For the most part, you two, meaning Uniman and Hockey have been devoid of empathy.     I recommend that the moderators lock this and other hyper partisan strings, and encourage very smart cappers like Uniman and Hockey, to shelve this COVID and race BS, and focus on the technical and fundamental aspects of capping college football for a potential 2020 season or beyond.    If you two, Uniman and Hockey want to attack me that's fine.  I don't care...I recommend that one or both of you start new strings, and keep COVID and race issues in the background, and focus on college football capping fundamentals and technical analysis.   If nothing else, it will keep you and others focussed, while we await the decision as to whether or not there will be a college football season.    It will provide the benefit to this forum of a Return to Normalcy, in very volatile and uncertain times...Peace LHH

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2017
Posts: 241
Posted: #80

^^

you clearly don’t read anything I post.  Also, the thread is literally labeled “the virus.” 

The rest of the partisan nonsense doesn’t even warrent a response bc as in another thread you are calling out the wrong person.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #81

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

What does COVID-19 have to do with college football capping per se?   You guys seem enthralled with it, along with the recent civil unrest related to the police brutality protests...Why?    Do you think your partisan rants and diatribes are giving yourselves and anyone else an advantage with regard to capping for the 2020 College Football season?  I don't think so...  Ask yourselves, why are there not more posters on here?     Because most rational folks don't want to waste time bemoaning theories that are unsubstantiated and add no value to any capping efforts that they may be considering, since it is extremely uncertain and unlikely that there will be a college football season in 2020.   Perhaps you two, Uniman and Hockey, would better served doing your own stealth research, so you can gain an advantage, if there there is indeed a 2020 college football season.    No one really keeps score on Covers.    We are all anonymous here.    Personally, I would appreciate if you two would focus on providing your perspectives on the upcoming season, even if it will be delayed or not played at all.    Position analysis, coaching changes, Weeks 1-4 gems, based on available information.   That would be value add to all of us.  But, no, its COVID, its partisan political diatribes, that only make yourselves feel better, and add no value.   That is my argument.   You guys are spouting BS that is of virtually no value to the forum.  Its almost July.  In a normal year, we would be a month away from opening college football camps.  We would be devouring Steele for hidden gems.    I regret some of my name calling, but I think I speak for a lot of silent reviewers here.   It would be appreciated, if you focus on college football capping for 2020, or perhaps 2021 or whenever we fortunate to place a wager on college football again.   Focus on showing empathy for the folks who have died of this scourge like Wise's sister et al.   Life is so much more important than college football, or whether or not you or anyone else ever wins a college football wager again.    Show some empathy for the players, their families, the coaches. For the most part, you two, meaning Uniman and Hockey have been devoid of empathy.     I recommend that the moderators lock this and other hyper partisan strings, and encourage very smart cappers like Uniman and Hockey, to shelve this COVID and race BS, and focus on the technical and fundamental aspects of capping college football for a potential 2020 season or beyond.    If you two, Uniman and Hockey want to attack me that's fine.  I don't care...I recommend that one or both of you start new strings, and keep COVID and race issues in the background, and focus on college football capping fundamentals and technical analysis.   If nothing else, it will keep you and others focussed, while we await the decision as to whether or not there will be a college football season.    It will provide the benefit to this forum of a Return to Normalcy, in very volatile and uncertain times...Peace LHH

You lost me with that first sentence. I think Post #1 spells that out.

 

 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #82

I have never attacked you in this thread. I have responded to comments you made, many comments I found to be false. And I did label you "last word LH" as it seems to me you have to have the last word.

Yes, I got my "I don't trust the media" message across several times. As someone said earlier, "I would laugh if it wasn't so true."

It's my thread, you can ignore it or you can participate.

If football does happen the first words out of the TV commentators' mouths will be the affect of COVID and then how many players will be using the national attention to display their views on social issues while kneeling during our national anthem.

Why shouldn't I have the right to display my views as it relates to, what I feel is, the real COVID impact vs the perceived COVID impact to college football and give TANGABLE evidence to why I feel the way I do?

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2007
Posts: 7730
Posted: #83

I am done with you clowns...I will come back if it appears that there will be a college football season in 2020...

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2017
Posts: 241
Posted: #84

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

I am done with you clowns...I will come back if it appears that there will be a college football season in 2020...

 

Fantastic news for the entire internet

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2015
Posts: 2789
Posted: #85

There will be NFL and college football, this is an illness that causes calamity and mortality to the old and/or the sick.

Though they probably contributing to the spreading the disease because they are fearless and perhaps reckless, (like we were at ages 18-21)  young and strong athletes are almost always unaffected and will ultimately contribute to herd immunity, the faster, the better.  No athletes will be put at risk by playing.

EVERYONE WILL BE EXPOSED TO THIS ILLNESS, end of story.

No vaccine will ride in from out of town to save the day.

As with the plague, where it was discovered that it was fleas that carried and spread the virus, so it will be with this, that something will be found to be a carrier, or possibly there is something something in our food or water supply.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #86

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999:

There will be NFL and college football, this is an illness that causes calamity and mortality to the old and/or the sick. Though they probably contributing to the spreading the disease because they are fearless and perhaps reckless, (like we were at ages 18-21)  young and strong athletes are almost always unaffected and will ultimately contribute to herd immunity, the faster, the better.  No athletes will be put at risk by playing. EVERYONE WILL BE EXPOSED TO THIS ILLNESS, end of story. No vaccine will ride in from out of town to save the day. As with the plague, where it was discovered that it was fleas that carried and spread the virus, so it will be with this, that something will be found to be a carrier, or possibly there is something something in our food or water supply.

A little more complicated than that I believe. Bookieassassin was right when he mentioned black players/white staff-Admins.

Racism, IMO, appears to be the blame for ALL woes today. Universities will be AFRAID to bring undo attention to exploiting the black youth.

It's too bad ALL of America cannot just sit down like civilized adults, air our grievances, and work out solutions to what plagues us today. We really have NO REAL LEADERS. NOT ANYWHERE. IMO. that is why I choose the best of the worse, as I see it.

There is nothing sinister in the water supply other than trace amounts of all the drugs we take, piss out, flushed to a sewer plant, discharged into waterways, and then pumped back to the drinking water filter plant. Those trace amounts of sometimes mind altering drugs do not get filtered out unless reverse osmosis is used. (UV light helps too)By trace I mean parts per billion, parts per trillion. This includes birth control drugs that will eventually make your male children's sex organs smaller.  an_eek2 Wow, moving off topic here!!

Studies at sewage treatment plants have been conducted looking for the virus that has been.... crapped out. Sewage plant workers face no threat of contracting the virus from contaminated water, the virus is dead. Interesting article here;

 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-sewage/italy-sewage-study-suggests-covid-19-was-there-in-december-2019-idUSKBN23Q1J9

Humans will decide if CFB will be played, real COVID threat or not. Many factors, not all COVID related, will determine this. MY TAKE.

 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #87

Another story; https://www.theweek.in/news/health/2020/06/22/an-italy-sewage-study-raises-question-did-coronavirus-originate-earlier-than-we-thought.html

Very interesting that there is proof the virus was in countries other than China BEFORE China reported it!! 

IMO, have no facts yet, it was not that dangerous until one of several mutations made it so. Again, just my speculation.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #88

Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo999: There will be NFL and college football, this is an illness that causes calamity and mortality to the old and/or the sick. Though they probably contributing to the spreading the disease because they are fearless and perhaps reckless, (like we were at ages 18-21)  young and strong athletes are almost always unaffected and will ultimately contribute to herd immunity, the faster, the better.  No athletes will be put at risk by playing. EVERYONE WILL BE EXPOSED TO THIS ILLNESS, end of story. No vaccine will ride in from out of town to save the day. As with the plague, where it was discovered that it was fleas that carried and spread the virus, so it will be with this, that something will be found to be a carrier, or possibly there is something something in our food or water supply. A little more complicated than that I believe. Bookieassassin was right when he mentioned black players/white staff-Admins. Racism, IMO, appears to be the blame for ALL woes today. Universities will be AFRAID to bring undo attention to exploiting the black youth. It's too bad ALL of America cannot just sit down like civilized adults, air our grievances, and work out solutions to what plagues us today. We really have NO REAL LEADERS. NOT ANYWHERE. IMO. that is why I choose the best of the worse, as I see it. There is nothing sinister in the water supply other than trace amounts of all the drugs we take, piss out, flushed to a sewer plant, discharged into waterways, and then pumped back to the drinking water filter plant. Those trace amounts of sometimes mind altering drugs do not get filtered out unless reverse osmosis is used. (UV light helps too)By trace I mean parts per billion, parts per trillion. This includes birth control drugs that will eventually make your male children's sex organs smaller.   Wow, moving off topic here!! Studies at sewage treatment plants have been conducted looking for the virus that has been.... crapped out. Sewage plant workers face no threat of contracting the virus from contaminated water, the virus is dead. Interesting article here;  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-sewage/italy-sewage-study-suggests-covid-19-was-there-in-december-2019-idUSKBN23Q1J9 Humans will decide if CFB will be played, real COVID threat or not. Many factors, not all COVID related, will determine this. MY TAKE.

My bad, it's OZONE not UV Light that helps break down pharmaceuticals.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #89

Couple of nice Detroit Free Press articles talking to Michigan's defensive locker room leader Kwity Paye.

First article from March 25th where Paye says;

“It’s difficult," Paye said. "I know that everyone’s been saying it, but you’re just bored all day. You just sit in the house and you’re like, man. We’ll get our workouts done but then after that, there’s nothing really to do. Do homework and play video games. But other than that, you can’t really go out and hang out because the virus is out there.

"The first two days, we were like, ‘Oh yeah, it’s funny that we’re just chilling,’ and then after that, we were like, man, I miss it."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2020/03/25/michigan-football-daily-routine-coronavirus-outbreak-kwity-paye/2909236001/

Now latest article from D. Free Press;

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2020/07/01/michigan-football-kwity-paye-campus-workout-precautions/3285112001/

Gives you an inside look of what is now the new normal.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #90

In another wave of testing Michigan has tested 89 student-athletes and staff, ZERO positive!!

Michigan State's third round of testing, 41 tested, ZERO Positive!!!

Since Michigan was one of the first states the virus passed through, it is my hope the rest of the country will get where Michigan's at in two months or so.

Not to say the state of Mich. is virus free. A college bar in East Lansing recently is linked to over 100 cases. Bars in southern Mich. now limited to outdoor service. A small outbreak in Jackson County linked to Tenn. and Fla. travel.

Really wish more folks would be tested for anti-bodies, would be interesting to see what those numbers are. 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2472
Posted: #91

Henry Ford Health study results on Hydroxychloroquine VERY INTERESTING. To say the least.

The next study results will REALLY BE INTERESTING!

From Detroit Free Press;

"A study to determine whether hydroxychloroquine may prevent COVID-19 infection is also underway at Henry Ford. The randomized, double-blinded WHIP study will examine 3,000 first responders and health care workers. There are 619 people currently enrolled."

Maybe CFB Players will be taking this drug in the near future. WOULDN'T THAT BE HILARIOUS. an_roll_laugh

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo