New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

Odds of a 2020 College Football Season

Participants:
Views: 2889

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #101

None of the past four months is real. It is all generated for political purposes. College/Pro  football will happen or the quiet majority will be pissed. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #102

Quote Originally Posted by undefined:

None of the past four months is real. It is all generated for political purposes. College/Pro  football will happen or the quiet majority will be pissed.

Well this is just a dumb reasoning.  Can personally tell you it's real & I'm still not 100% 2+ months after being diagnosed.  You're right about football happening though.

UNIMAN- Definitely optimistic, but we're witnessing a trial run with the protesting going on right now so we'll see what happens with case numbers in the next 1-2 weeks.  I believe we're both from Michigan... take a look at our numbers as one of the worst hit states initially.  58,700 cases, but we're at like 42,000 recoveries and 5,600 deaths. Put those numbers together and you have 11,000 active infections in a state of 10,000,000 people. A big part of the reason things were so bad in March/April was nobody knew this thing was already circulating and we were beyond any chance to contain cases. That's changed now. We also didn't have testing, so didn't know what we were truly up against or if the results were even accurate.  Continue simple measures like washing hands, wearing masks in crowded places, and we'll be able to put a stop to the virus without the need for a vaccine.  Is this guaranteed? No, but it is very clear that just being responsible human beings is enough to get back to (mostly) normal activities during the summer months. Just my 2 cents.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #103

You think it's real HockeyNight11, that is the power of the media and your belief in it.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #104

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski:

You think it's real HockeyNight11, that is the power of the media and your belief in it.

The media? No I’m telling you I actually had the damn thing & am just now feeling myself.  

I agree the media has blown it way out of proportion, and we have a way better handle on things now.  They just released a study today saying it’s likely NOT being spread by asymptomatic carriers which is huge news for schools & sports & attending games in my opinion.  

To believe it “isn’t real” is just silly though.  I work in healthcare, I watched people in there 40’s and 50’s sit in a stretcher looking fine, joking with us to gasping for air in a matter of minutes.  Scary, but fortunately i think the situation is improving and will continue to going ahead. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #105

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNight11:

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski: You think it's real HockeyNight11, that is the power of the media and your belief in it.   The media? No I’m telling you I actually had the damn thing & am just now feeling myself.   I agree the media has blown it way out of proportion, and we have a way better handle on things now.  They just released a study today saying it’s likely NOT being spread by asymptomatic carriers which is huge news for schools & sports & attending games in my opinion.  To believe it “isn’t real” is just silly though.  I work in healthcare, I watched people in there 40’s and 50’s sit in a stretcher looking fine, joking with us to gasping for air in a matter of minutes.  Scary, but fortunately i think the situation is improving and will continue to going ahead.

That is really big news. Remember watching China taking everyone's temp on the street and would think, why do that with so many asymptomatic carriers! Hmmm, maybe they knew??? Or maybe they got lucky. Also their finding chances of getting it from surfaces is rare too. Remember the video of the West Michigan doctor showing how to decontaminate groceries. Not so important.

Looks promising for this season after all.

YOOPER STRONG!! 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #106

Find it puzzling that if the virus is mainly transmitted by close proximity to totally infected individuals and not so much by surfaces and the asymptomatic that it could still spread sooooo fast?? Thinking airline travel is what made it explode.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #107

Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

Find it puzzling that if the virus is mainly transmitted by close proximity to totally infected individuals and not so much by surfaces and the asymptomatic that it could still spread sooooo fast?? Thinking airline travel is what made it explode.

yeah airports/planes were probably horrible places to be.  You’ve also gotta remember this was February/March/April during cold & flu season.  We had a bad flu season too. People in the US don’t stay home with cold symptoms, we aren’t accustomed to wearing masks either.  So while most cases of covid-19 are mild they’re similar to cold/flu and those people were continuing on with their lives with no precaution.  

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo