AAF Week 3 - General and Live Games Discussion

First << 1 of 5 >> Last
Views: 1849

Captain
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Lines not out yet for this week, but we have two re-matches in the Western Conference from Week 1.

Saturday:

Arizona at Salt Lake

Memphis at Orlando

Sunday:

Birmingham at Atlanta

San Antonio at San Diego

Anyone want to post any early line guesses or analysis on these games to get some discussion going?

Rookie
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Ari (-1.5) SL (42)

Mem (38) Orl (-7.5)

Bir (-7.5) AtL (36)

SA (41) SD (-5)

These are mine

Captain
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Home teams are 6-2 SU and ATS

Favorites are 8-0 SU and 6-2 ATS

Unders are 6-2

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by hoody:

Ari (-1.5) SL (42)

Mem (38) Orl (-7.5)

Bir (-7.5) AtL (36)

SA (41) SD (-5)

These are mine

I have to respectfully disagree with your Orlando and San Diego projections.

Orlando should be at least -12 against Memphis. Memphis opened +12 as home dogs last week against Arizona. And that line closed at +16. Granted, I think that line was pretty ridiculous but still.

And now Memphis is on the road against Orlando who's probably the best team in the league and just won by 8 at San Antonio which is a tough atmosphere.

For the other game, San Antonio should be around -3 vs. SD. If they made SD a -5 favorite as you're saying, everyone would unload on San Antonio +5.

Here are my projections..

Arizona -3 at SLC

Orlando -12 vs. Memphis

Birm -5 at ATL

SA -3 at SD

Captain
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Lines are out now:

Arizona -4.5/-5 (opened -3.5)

Orlando -15 (opened -14)

Birmingham -6.5/-7 (opened -6)

San Diego -2/-2.5 (opened -1.5)

NickleBet, good job with your opening numbers bud.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by motowner:

Lines are out now:Arizona -4.5/-5 (opened -3.5)Orlando -15 (opened -14)Birmingham -6.5/-7 (opened -6)San Diego -2/-2.5 (opened -1.5)NickleBet, good job with your opening numbers bud.

Posted in a new thread but I'll take all the unders. Unders are 6-2 through two weeks, I'd look for them to go 3-1 this week until the books adjust their numbers into the 35-42 range barring a Arizona vs Orlando matchup, or maybe Arizona at San Antonio (dome).

I'll also take Arizona -4.5 because of week 1 score and big disparity in QB play and continuity.

I'll take San Antonio +2.5 because I think they're the better team and I don't think San Diego has a verticle passing game like Orlando to exploit the San Antonio defense. Also San Antonio won by 9 week 1, not that much has changed.

Captain
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Kick off at the top of the hour.

Arizona still holding at -4.5, I was wondering if we were going to see any movement towards the home dog but that hasn't happened.

I think SLC's QB situation being in question has created uncertainty. Anyone heard who's going to start? Can't find anything certain anywhere.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Arizona/SLC Under 22 (1H)
Arizona/SLC Under 45
Arizona TT Under 12 (1H)
Arizona TT Under 24.5

Captain
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Refs calling tons of penalties to start this one out.

Legend
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

One thing this league has is.... good field goal kickers.

Captain
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Weird little overturned 2 pt conversion there. This league is full of arbitrary calls.

Books will probably get hit hard with 2H Arizona money. They've been a great 2H team in their first 2 games. Can they do it again for a third time?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Twilo:

Arizona/SLC Under 22 (1H)
Arizona/SLC Under 45
Arizona TT Under 12 (1H)
Arizona TT Under 24.5

Any thoughts on the 2H Twilo? Nice hits on your 1H plays.

Captain
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

2nd Half lines:

Arizona -3.5

21.5 O/U

Arizona 12.5 O/U

Salt Lake 9 O/U

Captain
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Did anyone play anything for 2H? Wolford just got laid out on his non-throwing shoulder on that INT, wonder if he'll be back.

Legend
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by motowner:

Weird little overturned 2 pt conversion there. This league is full of arbitrary calls.

Books will probably get hit hard with 2H Arizona money. They've been a great 2H team in their first 2 games. Can they do it again for a third time?

I thought a player couldn't advance a fumble..and it looked to me like the he didn't have full possession of the ball, before it crossed the goal line..not enough camera angles to say for certain..

Captain
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

I thought a player couldn't advance a fumble..and it looked to me like the he didn't have full possession of the ball, before it crossed the goal line..not enough camera angles to say for certain..

Yeah I couldn't tell one way or another which is why I thought the overturn was a little strange. This league definitely needs better video and replay.

Captain
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

That was a huge sequence there with the refs calling a penalty on Salt Lake when it looked like they were going to score a TD. And then the missed chip shot FG by Salt Lake after.

Trevor Knight in for Arizona now, let's see how he does.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

DANGGG ITttt...woulda took AZ and under...Ive had a skillsaw in 1 hand and a paint brush in thee other o late..

Just asking??>
What Channel?
Score Link?

Thx !!

Captain
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

15-12 SLC heading to the 4th Qtr. Their running game and short passing game have improved in the 2H. Arizona lucky to be down only 3 here thanks to all the SLC miscues in the redzone. Knight looks like he could do so damage on the ground with his feet in the RPO but he hasn't taken off yet. Arizona might not want to risk that since Wolford already went down.

Captain
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by skoonr3:

DANGGG ITttt...woulda took AZ and under...Ive had a skillsaw in 1 hand and a paint brush in thee other o late..

Just asking??>
What Channel?
Score Link?

Thx !!

No TV channel for this early game but it's streaming live on their site:

https://aaf.com/

I'm casting to my TV from there so that works well.

Captain
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Wow that was a helluva goal line stand by Arizona despite being overturned for a TD.

It does look like he got in there on 4th down but just barely. SLC gets the 2 pts as well, 23-12 with 7 mins to go. Arizona really up against it now with backup Knight in there.

Captain
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Arizona doesn't kick the FG on 4th & 3 from the SLC 13 Y/L with over 4 mins to go and down 11. It would've been cool to see a 4th & 12 onside attempt had they scored.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

motowner YOU ARE THE NICEST PERSON IN THE WORLD....thx man!!

Captain
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Well earned win by Salt Lake. Definitely the better team today but Wolford getting hurt for Arizona was obviously a huge advantage.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Noted on Salt Lake....they have solid O and D lines...I think sweeping ats now...
First << 1 of 5 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View