***NBL & WNBL Week #14

Participants:
Views: 741

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

YTD: 35-31

Went 1-2 last week with the majority of the games on Friday night which I missed out on. But back at it again. The WNBL is almost done for the reg season but the NBL is still going. 

The ladies have their final 4 already, with Melbourne, Canberra, Perth and Adelaide in the top 4 and they cannot be reached by the others.

The men however, its a very close race between 1-6 IMHO with the Breakers and Long finally playing good ball. The Kings offense is horrendous but they are winning most games based on defense. Adelaide are the offensive juggernauts but their lack of D will hurt them. Melbourne look out of sync and just poor sluggish performances has me thinking they won't get to the NBL finals this season. Bullets have beaten Melbourne 3 times now, so they are dangerous and Patterson is balling hard. Perth will always be Perth and a team no one wants to face in the playoffs especially in front of the Perth fans. 

So this week we have

Thursday
Hawks @ 36ers (NBL)
Lightning @ Spirit (WNBL)
Boomers @ Perth (WNBL)

Friday
Breakers @ Kings (NBL)
Taipans @ Perth (NBL)
Capitals @ Fire (WNBL)

Saturday
Bullets @ 36ers (NBL)
Boomers @ Lightning (WNBL)

Sunday
Hawks @ Kings (NBL)
Melbourne @ Cairns (NBL)
Capitals @ Flames (WNBL)
Fire @ Rangers (WNBL)

Quote Post Report User

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

My mistake, for some reason i thought the 36ers were hosting the Hawks. But the Hawks are at home once again. Big homestand for them but they did have a pretty bad schedule initially with I think 7 of their opening 9 games on the road by memory. 

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

thebasketballAdelaide 36ers @ Illawarra Hawks: 36ers ML 1H

Bit of a different play here but I don't think the Hawks will come out as strong this game against the 36ers like they did against the horrible Kings. The Kings couldn't hit anything, their offense has stinked for weeks now but the 36ers are a lot different when it comes to scoring. The only reason I don't want to take Adelaide full game is that the Hawks and their coach (Beveridge) have a decent trend of fighting back at home 2H. For me, the Hawks might be a little to cosy at home after several weeks now and I think they may come out flat and the 36ers may come out red hot after that poor game vs the NZ last week. 

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Adelaide Lightning @ Bendigo Spirit. Over 150.5

The Lightning are on a mission and what they have done to the bottom teams lately has just been brutal. The line is a ridiculous -15.5 which is massive chalk for a road fav which I just cannot take because Bendigo can shot the 3 ball well at times but what Adelaide has done to Rangers, Fire and Flames during this nice run of 8 wins and 1 loss is that they have scored 86, 82, 85, 95 & 110 against the weak opponents. They haven't played Bendigo since November, before this epic run started. I am taking my chances on the over because looking at that, the Lightning can really score against the weaker teams and unfortunately Bendigo is one of them. We would need the Lightning to score around 85 points and Spirit would need to hit at least 66 which I think both teams can do tonight. 

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

so, you like under 191 as well?

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

so, you like under 191 as well?

Big D, that total is crazy high considering the Hawks cannot score but at the same time, their last game vs the 36ers at Hawks home court they put up 229 points combined which is a little scary considering its only 40 mins basketball. When I saw that the Hawks may come out a little slow, I just meant a little slower than the 36ers but the 1H may end up being something like 52-48. That would not surprise me at all. I only play over mostly when Adelaide is involved because they literally play zero defense and seem to get a sh!tload of free throws. 

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Cairns Taipans @ Perth Wildcats (Friday): Wildcats -6.5

Friday night in the Jungle, against a team who has won 1 game in about a thousand. Will take Perth to really push the league now until finals time. I don't see them taking their foot off the gas after a long winded road trip which wasn't the best for them but at home they are just a solid bet especially on Friday night. 

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Completely misread that 1H. 36ers gave to too many east points..

the WNBL game went to OT but luckily did because it was struggling to get the over in reg time.

late play

Melbourne Boomers @ Perth’s Lynx: Over 148.5

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Hey aussie i like your pick for  tonight Wildcats -6.5 do you like the over as well or do you think cairns dont keep up ?

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View