The Border Wall

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 2289

Veteran
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

IF Mexico is paying for the wall THEN
why is there a government shutdown over the wall funding ?

According to Reuters/Ipsos poll, more Americans blame Trump for government shutdown

Trump has stated that  he would own the shutdown over the border wall but now he is blaming Democrats.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072471575956504576

The military will not build the wall

All-Star
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Mexico will pay for the wall is like the 10% pay raise the military got that trump fought tooth and nail for according to him . 

Captain
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Wonder why the wall Mexico won't build is so expensive? Trump wants to make sure the cement is mixed with Perrier. 

Mexicans are worried the phony wall might crush the tunnels they have already built.

No chance this thing ever gets built.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

I think a death beam electronic type fence is the way to go. It would appear as there is no fence whatsoever. but...

Much cheaper.

Captain
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:

I think a death beam electronic type fence is the way to go. It would appear as there is no fence whatsoever. but... Much cheaper.

Love it. You can tunnel under a wall. Being that it's Christmas time, we should take a "Home Alone" type approach to border security. Micro Machines. Ice the stairs. An unlocked door between the US and Mexico but when the illegals go to open in the knob burns their hand. A tarantula.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

The following is why we need a wall. Gut wrenching story that will never be told to the American people by the very, very lame MSM. The story is currently on What Really Happened. Diversity of this type does not make our country stronger. The link to the human tragedy is at the bottom of this post. There is no Happy New Year for the family of Ronil Singh.

Heartbreaking last photo shows cop, 33, smiling next to his family on Christmas Day just HOURS before he was 'shot dead by an illegal immigrant' during a traffic stop, as Trump calls for action and manhunt continues.

http://www.stationgossip.com/2018/12/heartbreaking-last-photo-shows-cop-33.html

Veteran
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Emotional selling of wall is based on irrational fear of foreigners.  Fact is americans are far more likely to be killed by US citizens.  In general, illegal immigrants have lower crime rates.  A wall is unnecessary because US border is already among the most secure in the world with extensive barriers and thousands of patrol officers.   Current border apprehensions are among the lowest in decades.  

Legend
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Is Mexico going to pay for Donald J Trump's "beautiful" southern border wall? Don't see it's happening, then Trump demands American taxpayers to pay for his "beautiful" wall, which he won't get it. So Trump is PROUD to shut down federal government. 

Donald J Trump:

"Who's Gonna Pay For The Wall?

Crowd:

MEXICO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmF6iPbRvvE

Veteran
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Majority of americans oppose a wall according to Quinnipiac poll.  Most people want Trump to compromise on wall funding to avoid a shutdown according to NPR/PBS poll.  Most people prefer $5 billion spend on infrastructure, education or healthcare instead of wall.

Earlier, Trump is a greedy fool to reject bipartisan deals that would have provided funding for a wall.  Now negotiating a deal is harder with democrats controlling house of representatives.  Eventually the shutdown will end in the future.  Perhaps with small concessions that Trump would try to sell as significant achievements.  For example, new USMCA trade deal is 99% of old NAFTA.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

I think a death beam electronic type fence is the way to go. It would appear as there is no fence whatsoever. but... Much cheaper.
Love it. You can tunnel under a wall. Being that it's Christmas time, we should take a "Home Alone" type approach to border security. Micro Machines. Ice the stairs. An unlocked door between the US and Mexico but when the illegals go to open in the knob burns their hand. A tarantula.

Yeh think outside the box. 

You interested in joint venture, Stumpteeth Security International, basically consultant work. My guys will be in touch.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

I think a death beam electronic type fence is the way to go. It would appear as there is no fence whatsoever. but...

Much cheaper.

I like where you're going here...   how about an electric fence and we send shock collars to all people living south of the border?   

Veteran
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

I like where you're going here...   how about an electric fence and we send shock collars to all people living south of the border?

Word up!

All-Star
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

So today trump threatens to close down the southern border. So if he can do that why does he need 5 billion for a wall? 

Captain
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Yeh think outside the box.  You interested in joint venture, Stumpteeth Security International, basically consultant work. My guys will be in touch.

Dude, i'm gonna start stocking up on Micro Machines.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

Wonder why the wall Mexico won't build is so expensive? Trump wants to make sure the cement is mixed with Perrier. 

Mexicans are worried the phony wall might crush the tunnels they have already built.

No chance this thing ever gets built.

That’s actually a pretty funny post Midnight. And I’m sad to say but I agree... Zero Chance

Veteran
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

US already spend billions on border security and immigration control.  More than all other federal law enforcement agencies combined.  So Trump's claim of open border is absurd.  He is using government shutdown as blackmail in a political ploy.  American workers and those who need government services are held hostage.  Since a wall is so controversial, funding should be separate and determined later so that other agencies can have their funding restored.

Captain
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Lindsay Graham says the wall is a metaphor. Like he expects Trump supporters to know what a metaphor is.an_roll_laugh

We've gone from a big beautiful concrete wall to steel slats to a beaded curtain to a freaking metaphor.

And let's not forget you believed Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

an_roll_laughan_roll_laughan_shake 

Captain
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

I guess it's better to just let the 3rd world pour into the country... Yesterday a Mexican mayor was killed within 2 hours of being sworn in...

I believe they should allow whoever wishes to come in on one condition. They pick California or New York to invade.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

I do believe the new NAFTA agreement with Mexico and Canada will save the U.S. millions.  The savings will build the wall.  If you folks would stop listening to the MSM you might become more knowledgeable. 

Captain
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

I guess it's better to just let the 3rd world pour into the country... Yesterday a Mexican mayor was killed within 2 hours of being sworn in...I believe they should allow whoever wishes to come in on one condition. They pick California or New York to invade.

No one wants open borders Nobody! So stop the "caravan" fear mongering BS Trump espoused during the holidays.

And if you buy the BS that Mexico is paying for the wall through NAFTA, you are absolutely hopeless & shouldn't be allowed to vote. You seriously can't be that dumb. 

Captain
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Dougfresh:

I do believe the new NAFTA agreement with Mexico and Canada will save the U.S. millions.  The savings will build the wall.  If you folks would stop listening to the MSM you might become more knowledgeable.

This is hilarious on so many levels.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Fox News The truth nothing but the truth ?

Captain
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Trump commented that the Vatican has walls in a feeble attempt to make a comparison . He's so freaking ignorant.

He doesn't realize that anyone can walk into Vatican City without a passport.

Pompous POS

MVP
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Dougfresh:

The inflated prices inherent on U.S. made goods will eat your middle class tax cut for lunch. Get ready for higher everything. Trade imbalance recovered will never pay for the wall, as only about 1/200th of the imbalance winds up in the treasury. As always, via inflation and taxes YOU will pay for the wall, and it will be 70 billion, not 5. The first 5 will only cover setting up the bureaucracy  to get it built. Oops, excuse me; some future Americans might pay for the wall when we can no longer pass all debt along to the future. 

paint_help

Captain
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Trumpty Dumpty Can't Get a Wall,

Trump's Stock Market Had A Great Fall.

All Of Trump's Lawyers & GOP Men,

Can't Save Trumpty From Time In The Pen!

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View