Wednesday Dec 26th ......Georgia Tech -5 LARGE......

First << 3 of 6 >> Last
Views: 45131

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#51 Report User
Posted:

Tailing you on this one. Liked it already, but now on it

BOL

Prospect
Participation Meter
#52 Report User
Posted:

Saw a post earlier about having 30 days to prepare against the triple O.

I'm not sure if that really helps since it is hard to replicate to defend against.  I'd liken it to Alabama against Citadel, while they only had a week to prepare, I'd argue Bama's defense to be far superior to Minnesota in every way, size/technique/athleticism.  We all saw how much trouble the triple O gave them and I would consider GT's offense to be far superior to Citadel for the same reasons mentioned above about Minny's defense.

Legend
Participation Meter
#53 Report User
Posted:

Happy holidays and good luck...was fun fueding few weeks ago but it was all in good harmless fun.

I think Minny is autofade here...Big10 on a downslide all year...whereas the Yellow Jackets faced far better opponents overall.

Im a bit of a pussi here and will only take GT ML as an open parlay and look to add to it later.

Cheers buddy an_cheers

Legend
Participation Meter
#54 Report User
Posted:

Small fun winning margin bets

GT by

16-20 +700

21-25 +1000

26-30 +1400

31-35 +2000

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#55 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Small fun winning margin bets

GT by

16-20 +700

21-25 +1000

26-30 +1400

31-35 +2000

Soooo, do you think GTech may win? 

Legend
Participation Meter
#56 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

Just a little.....

However, we both know these are college kids and nothing is a lock. If Minny rises to the occasion I will tip my cap. No whining or complaining. No fixes or paid refs theories. 

Its called gambling as we are both well aware. Lots of kids on this site havent grasped that yet.

Hoo

Rookie
Participation Meter
#57 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by AMGRY:

Saw a post earlier about having 30 days to prepare against the triple O.

I'm not sure if that really helps since it is hard to replicate to defend against.  I'd liken it to Alabama against Citadel, while they only had a week to prepare, I'd argue Bama's defense to be far superior to Minnesota in every way, size/technique/athleticism.  We all saw how much trouble the triple O gave them and I would consider GT's offense to be far superior to Citadel for the same reasons mentioned above about Minny's defense.

I hear this argument every bowl season, and it sounds good in theory, but rarely plays out that way.  Even when TO teams don't cover it has more to do with the opposing offense, not that the other team was prepared to stop the triple option.  Just look at what Army did to Houston...

One of the most important things a team has to do in order to stop the option is lining up correctly personal, and communicating with the rest of the defense.  Not only is Cashman the best player Minnesota has to make some plays and slow down the option, but he also calls the defense.  Despite being a LB, it's hard tothink ofanother player who's absence would be so impactful.  

Legend
Participation Meter
#58 Report User
Posted:

Todays parlay

BC ML & U51

GT -6 (current line) & O57

Cal -1 & O38.5

Added Heat/Raps U210 and Minny/Bulls O216 for a big payout.....

Originally liked the BC over , but weather is a factor....

Rookie
Participation Meter
#59 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Small fun winning margin betsGT by16-20 +70021-25 +100026-30 +140031-35 +2000

GL Train and I will ride GT with you. Nothing large, but good enough to eat. Hope it hits for ya...

peace_5peace

Rookie
Participation Meter
#60 Report User
Posted:

Add in the fact that this is Paul Johnson's last game, that it's being played on turf, and 6-8 additional Minnesota players may miss the game due to suspension and it could be a long day for Minny.  I dont believe Fleck has announced which players are in jeopardy of missing the game, but he did make a comment about being disappointed that some of the same players were part of the group suspended last year.  That leads me to believe that they will be on the defensive side of the ball bc a majority of those players were defenders.  

I also think it's important to look at the teams each program has  faced over the past two seasons, in order to get a better understanding of the types of offenses and defenses they have gone up against.  The Big10 probably sees less of the triple option than any other conference. Minnesota has no experience against an option offense.  

GTech will also not be intimidated bc they faces 3 of the best defenses every year, with Georgia, Clemson and FSU

Veteran
Participation Meter
#61 Report User
Posted:

Just now getting to look this one over.

A few things :

Minnesota has a top 45 run defense  with their defensive line according to Football outsiders. The pass rush isn't very good but that does't apply for this game. 

GA Tech has a horrendous run/pass from their DL. Ranging from 73 to 130 in different categories.

GA Tech's OL is dominant running the football. Impressive stuff on film.

Minnesota's OL run game isn't bad at all. In fact it's good. Ranked in top 15 for standard ypc raw, pass protection is a completely different story though. They are bad at pass pro.

Last thing I'll add.....Minnesota has the more explosive offense as well. Ranking at 58 and 53 at offensive efficiency. GA Tech has the number 71 explosive offense and 74 in efficiency. 

The suspensions from Minnesota and the last game for Paul Johnson at GA Tech makes this game a wash for me. 

Good luck to all

Veteran
Participation Meter
#62 Report User
Posted:

ALL ABOARD!!!!! an_cheers

Legend
Participation Meter
#63 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by alopez14325:

Add in the fact that this is Paul Johnson's last game, that it's being played on turf, and 6-8 additional Minnesota players may miss the game due to suspension and it could be a long day for Minny.  I dont believe Fleck has announced which players are in jeopardy of missing the game, but he did make a comment about being disappointed that some of the same players were part of the group suspended last year.  That leads me to believe that they will be on the defensive side of the ball bc a majority of those players were defenders.  

I also think it's important to look at the teams each program has  faced over the past two seasons, in order to get a better understanding of the types of offenses and defenses they have gone up against.  The Big10 probably sees less of the triple option than any other conference. Minnesota has no experience against an option offense.  

GTech will also not be intimidated bc they faces 3 of the best defenses every year, with Georgia, Clemson and FSU

Legend
Participation Meter
#64 Report User
Posted:

Like em all. GL Train clover

Prospect
Participation Meter
#65 Report User
Posted:

I'm right there with you , but i had to lay 6 at my book . Also teased them at pick w/Cal + 4 1/2 . Also have Ga Tech over 31 TT . I have BC + 2 1/2 parlayed with under 50 1/2 . I have Cal -1, under 38 and parlayed. Went basically crazy. Have BC + 2 1/2  & the two Ga tech bets  . Probably impossible to come out ahead w/this many bets, but i have fallen off the wagon and back to my sinful ways. peace GL on all your plays. Always read your posts , and appreciate the info.thumbs_up

Captain
Participation Meter
#66 Report User
Posted:

Love this play!

Good Luck Train, keep it rolling pal,

Happy Holidays to you & yours my friend.

Legend
Participation Meter
#67 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by cheeser:

I'm right there with you , but i had to lay 6 at my book . Also teased them at pick w/Cal + 4 1/2 . Also have Ga Tech over 31 TT . I have BC + 2 1/2 parlayed with under 50 1/2 . I have Cal -1, under 38 and parlayed. Went basically crazy. Have BC + 2 1/2  & the two Ga tech bets  . Probably impossible to come out ahead w/this many bets, but i have fallen off the wagon and back to my sinful ways. peace GL on all your plays. Always read your posts , and appreciate the info.thumbs_up

I like em all except Im on the Cal over.

Bol brother 

Legend
Participation Meter
#68 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by ndsent1:

Love this play!

Good Luck Train, keep it rolling pal,

Happy Holidays to you & yours my friend.
Thanks brother! Same to you

Prospect
Participation Meter
#69 Report User
Posted:

GT 

Bol

Legend
Participation Meter
#70 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

I want to go BIG on GT as well.... I have been burned a little with GT over the years...especially in games where they're favored and more than a FG...

I honestly believe they do walk away in this game..

Oh yeah, GT and Pitt are the 2 toughest teams to cap year in and year out....

Boom

Prospect
Participation Meter
#71 Report User
Posted:

Adu ma Large   Con c?c 

Legend
Participation Meter
#72 Report User
Posted:

About as bad a 1st Q as possible. Beaten in all 3 phases. 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#73 Report User
Posted:

On brite side its only 13-0.  Need to turn it around fast.  I have faith.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#74 Report User
Posted:

Jesus I read this game comp wrong... somehow the worst rush defense in CFB is shutting down the option 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#75 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by mjack:

On brite side its only 13-0.  Need to turn it around fast.  I have faith.
triple-down on LIVE gt ML +234

First << 3 of 6 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View