Wednesday Dec 26th ......Georgia Tech -5 LARGE......

First << 1 of 6 >> Last
Views: 45137

Legend
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Biggest bet of the bowl season probably.

No big writeup. PJs last game. Minny slow and havent faired well vs running teams....now without some key players (also down at least 1 o lineman). Ya cant practice how the GT players run the triple option. Game speed is totally different. Chop blocks cant be practiced. Now, the D has guys that havent seen much action having to make choices and play assignments. I think they get gashed. GT improved defense is a bonus, and Minny isnt formidable on O at all. I also like the PJ will go for it on 4th down from just about anywhere,  and wont kick a fg unless the game flow calls for it.

GT won me my 2 biggest bets this season.Looking for the trifecta. If they have fumblitis then I could get smoked....I'll take my chances with the #1 rushing O and the more motivated team.

Legend
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Forgot final score prediction:

GT 42 Minny 23

Prospect
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

I agree with you big. To add to it being Paul Johnson last game I think they'll play extra motivated.

Legend
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Waiting on GT TT.....hoping to get 30 or 30.5 (currently 31)

Will also be on a few winning margins....will post em monday....

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Oh yeah!! Easy money!! I'm a huge GT fan. While I'm happy to see PJ go, I'm excited to start a new era with my yellow jackets. I think PJ will have a perfect game plan and will throw in some trick plays and you'll really see what an offensive triple option genius he really is. I cant wait to watch this one. Also, your right on about techs defense. Much improved as the year went along!

BOL

Veteran
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

not to be a downer but almost all pools  the majority on GTECH..We know how that usually turns out. Also with Coach Johnson leaving, there is probably a lot of concern on the Juniors and sophomores trying to figure how all that work learning the option is going to help them fit into a new coaches system in their senior and junior seasons respectively. Just saying. Also Minnesota handled the running game just fine against Wisconsin

Good Luck with your play and thank you for all your postings

Legend
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MR TINGLES:

not to be a downer but almost all pools  the majority on GTECH..We know how that usually turns out. Also with Coach Johnson leaving, there is probably a lot of concern on the Juniors and sophomores trying to figure how all that work learning the option is going to help them fit into a new coaches system in their senior and junior seasons respectively. Just saying. Also Minnesota handled the running game just fine against Wisconsin

Good Luck with your play and thank you for all your postings

No worries , thanks for stoppin by. I never look at "who the public" or "majority" is on. Its a capping tool that doesnt get you anywhere. GT is a whole different animal than Wisconsins jam it up the middle cloud of dust offense. GT is now rested and the triple option travels well....especially simce this game will be in a dome. 

Im not worried about the underclassmen. PJ will have em all pumped, and they are kind of auditioning for next year.

Legend
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Like it a lot Train on my radar as well peace_5

By the way I'd like to wish you & yours a Happy Holiday & Merry Christmas as wellan_cheers

new_football2

Legend
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Macwestie1:

Like it a lot Train on my radar as well peace_5

By the way I'd like to wish you & yours a Happy Holiday & Merry Christmas as wellan_cheers

new_football2

Thanks brother!! Hope you and the fam have a great holiday week

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by OPMS_KRATOM69:

Oh yeah!! Easy money!! I'm a huge GT fan. While I'm happy to see PJ go, I'm excited to start a new era with my yellow jackets. I think PJ will have a perfect game plan and will throw in some trick plays and you'll really see what an offensive triple option genius he really is. I cant wait to watch this one. Also, your right on about techs defense. Much improved as the year went along! BOL

You didn't really write that, did you?    Nooooooo!!!!!!! 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

I'm with ya on this one. Got it ahwile ago at -4...

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Forgot final score prediction:

GT 42 Minny 23

Veteran
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Train - I have been eyeing GTech... The question in my mind that has kept me for thus far puling the trigger is motivation factor - does Georgia Tech even want to be here after all the noise coming from their camp that they expected to be playing a week later? Do you have a point of view on the motivation factor?

Legend
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Titusblink:

Train - I have been eyeing GTech... The question in my mind that has kept me for thus far puling the trigger is motivation factor - does Georgia Tech even want to be here after all the noise coming from their camp that they expected to be playing a week later? Do you have a point of view on the motivation factor?

Not sure why they think they should be playing after new years. They started the year poorly and it cost them a better spot. They will be motivated. Why would Minny wanna play? Got players sitting out and gotta play vs the triple option.....not fun.

Bol

Legend
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDN:

Ya think GT should have more?

Legend
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by RedRockets:

I'm with ya on this one. Got it ahwile ago at -4...

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Ya think GT should have more?
I actually like the Gophers here. Extra time for the defense to prepare for the Triple-Option. 30 days...

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

the man going for the trifecta of large winners on a triple option team in 2018

bravo Sir, bravo 

may the jackets hold on to the ball, literally 

Will be cheering for you brotha 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

BOL on GTech Train

Veteran
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Holding on to the Wishbone Attack!!

Note:  This is NOT an obscene reference to Charles.  That is your job Sir.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Holding on to the Wishbone Attack!!

Note:  This is NOT an obscene reference to Charles.  That is your job Sir.

Legend
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDN:

I actually like the Gophers here. Extra time for the defense to prepare for the Triple-Option. 30 days...
I get the angle brother, I just dont think a short handed team that wasnt that solid against the run to begin with can handle what they are gonna face.

Legend
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Fleck still wont say who or how many people are suspended....at least 1 according to him. Not sure why the secrets....

What he did say, and I quote....

"We changed our complete defense. We have DBs playing linebacker and D Lineman playing linebackers. Who are your best tacklers and smartest players? It rearranges positions. You cant have your normal defense out there."

Good luck teaching these guys new positions in a month, especially considering some of them are gonna be backups. GT was the #1 running team for a reason. They are a machine. To stop them you must play smart, tough and assignment football. Any weakness will be exploited. 

Bet at your own risk.....but, I think the Army/Houston game was a little bit of a preview....very similar teams/circumstances.....

Juat lil ole mes thoughts....
"

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

I will go along with it

Legend
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by BWS77: