*** Bowl Season ***

First << 11 of 15 >> Last
Views: 225070

Veteran
Participation Meter
#251 Report User
Posted:

We almost got through this bowl season without any arguments so let's keep it going. 

On another note.... reffing was horrible in the Bama game. No question. 

Good work Boom. Much appreciated 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#252 Report User
Posted:

Boom
 Thanks for the winners buddy. Don't know if Clemson can beat Bama. But I will be pulling for them.

MVP
Participation Meter
#253 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by slomotion:

We almost got through this bowl season without any arguments so let's keep it going. 

On another note.... reffing was horrible in the Bama game. No question. 

Good work Boom. Much appreciated 

I know right....

The officiating was horrible.... Alabama seems to get away with tons of stuff all the time... not just this game... but every game.

even at the end the officials were hesitate to throw that flag when the Bama DL took his helmet off and acted a fool.... any other team in the country that player is flagged immediately.

The corners CLEARLY should have been called for PI several times.... but just didn't. I've noticed for years the corners get away with this..

MVP
Participation Meter
#254 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by barbco:

Boom
 Thanks for the winners buddy. Don't know if Clemson can beat Bama. But I will be pulling for them.

It will be a tough task for sure.... Bama is incredible...

But if Clemson weathers the storm early... I think they will beat Bama.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#255 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Let me break this down for you and hold your hand like a little child...

When a team is down 21 points.... they tend to get away from the run game....

The run game was still solid for Oklahoma.... Had Bama not come out the gates with a huge 1st quarter... then yes... Oklahoma would have run for 200yards +

Still 163 or whatever it was is pretty solid against Bama...

So lesson of the day:

Take this with you so you will understand how to correctly watch a game from this point on...

When a team is down 20+ points... they tend to abandon the run game.

Well said Boom. I think OU averaged over 5 yards/carry. Digging that deep hole for themselves early in the game was just too much to overcome. Going into the game, two things had to happen for OU to have a shot to win......1) win the turnover battle and 2) win the battle of "breaks" (the over-ruled fumble on Bama's 1st possession and the"let it stand" possession call on their 2nd touchdown). They won neither. The championship should be a good one. I'm sure Clemson will attack the freshman DB that was covering Cee Dee Lamb. Give me Clemson and the points.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#256 Report User
Posted:

You are killing it Boom!!! Nice work!! peace_5

Veteran
Participation Meter
#257 Report User
Posted:

I find that their d-line hold alot over the yrs as well and never see a flag. Not so much last night but overall. Last night was other things such as what you've listed

Veteran
Participation Meter
#258 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by barbco:

Boom Thanks for the winners buddy. Don't know if Clemson can beat Bama. But I will be pulling for them.
It will be a tough task for sure.... Bama is incredible...But if Clemson weathers the storm early... I think they will beat Bama.
peace_5they did it in 2017 being down 2 scores--agree though 'Bama will hit you in the mouth early, but if Clemson keeps the deficit at 10 they have a great shot! 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#259 Report User
Posted:

Any thoughts on Monday’s games? 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#260 Report User
Posted:

I hope you post during the regular season next year Boom.  

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#261 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpinator2020:

I hope you post during the regular season next year Boom.  
enjoy while he’s here , he’s an old school gem, most of our people in his category are gone 

Legend
Participation Meter
#262 Report User
Posted:

If Sunshine can scramble like Murray they have a chance....leanomg under more than a side right now. If OU didnt have KM they wouod have been beat 55-10.....

Clemson D obviously great. They will limot and harass Tua...can Etienne run effective enough to give sunshine pocket time?

Prospect
Participation Meter
#263 Report User
Posted:

Just like clockwork, the Boom insults are right on queue . . . 

Let me break this down for you and hold your hand like a little child

When a team is down 20+ points... they tend to abandon the run game.

Except OU didn't abandon the run game.  They were relying on the run just as much after they went down 21 as they were before and actually ran only 1 fewer time in the second half than they did in the first. Murray was running for his life all night and missed almost half of his passes.  Surprising the BEST OL in the country (and it's not even close) would allow that.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#264 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

If Sunshine can scramble like Murray they have a chance....leanomg under more than a side right now. If OU didnt have KM they wouod have been beat 55-10.....

Clemson D obviously great. They will limot and harass Tua...can Etienne run effective enough to give sunshine pocket time?

Sunshine  can't scramble like Murray. 
Very tough game for Clemson. Only way I see them winning is giving him time in the pocket. If they can do that then that will open up other parts of their game such as the run. But if Bama can shut down one part being either the run or the pass even a little itll be tough for Clemson. I do think that Clemson D can make a difference though. Eith that being said the offence will need to reward their D with some points because the can't fo it all game and expect to win a low scoring affair. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#265 Report User
Posted:

Offense need to reward points and give time for the d to rest.

Sunshine walks out and dear in the headlights on first few possessions?  

I think a first half play (side/total) may be a great play.  

Boom keep up the great thread and BOL.  Consider coming back next year.

MVP
Participation Meter
#266 Report User
Posted:

Bowls:

18 - 10 overall  64%

11 - 3 Big Plays  75.5%

Today:

V.T  +6.5  

Pitt +4.5  BIG

Oregon / Michigan st   Over 47  BIG

Missouri / Oklahoma st  Over 72  BIG

I will post the other 2 plays later... Have a great New Year's

MVP
Participation Meter
#267 Report User
Posted:

Missouri okla st over is enticing

Prospect
Participation Meter
#268 Report User
Posted:

Boom  Happy New Year

Legend
Participation Meter
#269 Report User
Posted:

Bowls:

14 - 9 overall  61%

7 - 3 Big Plays  70%

Losing by half a point in that Washington st game hurt.... But you win some like those and you lose some.

Today:

Michigan  - 5.5

Virginia  +4.5  BIG

Clemson  - 12  BIG

Oklahoma / Alabama  Over 78  BIG

Oklahoma  + 14 BIG

Have a Great Day

Just wanted to say thanks Again.  
MUCH RESPECT   

My Cousin was on tough times after getting laid off ( now until April ) Works another job offer the books , but its probably 1/3 of his normal pay ...

He started the Bowl Season betting $50-100 a game , mostly tailing my picks ( mine were coin flips at best) , when he came across your thread he decided to BLIND TAIL all your BIG PLAYS for $300-$1000 per wager .. 

Heading into Saturday he was up $2200 , Virgina was a $800 play , he then read your whole thread again , and decided to let it all ride on Clemson -10 and Alt line -20 ...

Wish I could post the video of him diving in the Snow wearing only Basketball shorts after Clemson covered Easy.    

He entered the Oklahoma Bama game up 6,550 , he Tailed your Oklahoma and parlayed it with Over 78.5  ..
Ended the week up +$7,900+ 

I just called our local to see where I was at  , My Cousin paid off MY $712 balance   ... 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BROTHER ... 
IF YOU EVER COME UP TO WNY , PLEASE LET ME KNOW , Would love to send you and Yours out for  a Fantastic dinner.    

Veteran
Participation Meter
#270 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

Bowls:14 - 9 overall  61%7 - 3 Big Plays  70%Losing by half a point in that Washington st game hurt.... But you win some like those and you lose some.Today:Michigan  - 5.5Virginia  +4.5  BIGClemson  - 12  BIGOklahoma / Alabama  Over 78  BIGOklahoma  + 14 BIGHave a Great Day
Just wanted to say thanks Again.  MUCH RESPECT    My Cousin was on tough times after getting laid off ( now until April ) Works another job offer the books , but its probably 1/3 of his normal pay ... He started the Bowl Season betting $50-100 a game , mostly tailing my picks ( mine were coin flips at best) , when he came across your thread he decided to BLIND TAIL all your BIG PLAYS for $300-$1000 per wager .. Heading into Saturday he was up $2200 , Virgina was a $800 play , he then read your whole thread again , and decided to let it all ride on Clemson -10 and Alt line -20 ...Wish I could post the video of him diving in the Snow wearing only Basketball shorts after Clemson covered Easy.    He entered the Oklahoma Bama game up 6,550 , he Tailed your Oklahoma and parlayed it with Over 78.5  ..Ended the week up +$7,900+ I just called our local to see where I was at  , My Cousin paid off MY $712 balance   ... THANK YOU VERY MUCH BROTHER ... IF YOU EVER COME UP TO WNY , PLEASE LET ME KNOW , Would love to send you and Yours out for  a Fantastic dinner.

Hell of a read Double. I love hearing stories like that. Happy New yrs ladies and gents.. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#271 Report User
Posted:

Boom

Thanks for the winners buddy. 

MVP
Participation Meter
#272 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

Just wanted to say thanks Again.  
MUCH RESPECT   

My Cousin was on tough times after getting laid off ( now until April ) Works another job offer the books , but its probably 1/3 of his normal pay ...

He started the Bowl Season betting $50-100 a game , mostly tailing my picks ( mine were coin flips at best) , when he came across your thread he decided to BLIND TAIL all your BIG PLAYS for $300-$1000 per wager .. 

Heading into Saturday he was up $2200 , Virgina was a $800 play , he then read your whole thread again , and decided to let it all ride on Clemson -10 and Alt line -20 ...

Wish I could post the video of him diving in the Snow wearing only Basketball shorts after Clemson covered Easy.    

He entered the Oklahoma Bama game up 6,550 , he Tailed your Oklahoma and parlayed it with Over 78.5  ..
Ended the week up +$7,900+ 

I just called our local to see where I was at  , My Cousin paid off MY $712 balance   ... 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BROTHER ... 
IF YOU EVER COME UP TO WNY , PLEASE LET ME KNOW , Would love to send you and Yours out for  a Fantastic dinner.    

Wow... Such a humbling moment reading this. I hope the best for you and your cousins. Tell him to pocket that money... Keep it. The smart play is to KEEP that money. If he wants to play a few small plays... do it. But KEEP the majority of it. Tell him he can't lose what he doesn't put in the pot ( Rounders). 

Again... just humbled to hear stories like this. Don't know all his circumstances... But great for him.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#273 Report User
Posted:

Boom, I dont know you but you seem like a very classy person, God Bless you my man. I hope you stick around. drink all the positive on here and Flush all the negative down the drain. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#274 Report User
Posted:

That’s awesome. peace_5

Amazing job Boom. Ty for your insight & help. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#275 Report User
Posted:

Boom, I got the Oregon/Mich St over at 45. I am going big with this. 

Good luck to all of us.

First << 11 of 15 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View