Pray for me guys

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 3112

Captain
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Short and simple
I could have up but since memphis melt down i started losing. 
Lost $4K and wanted to bet Seattle and NE but hesitated since i lost $4K.
Today went big on Hawks and i saw alot of people on Hawks so i didnt feel to confident but went ahead.
I really have only $3K left now.
And im gonna go all in...
Not single game but parlay.
More than likely it will be 2-3 leg parlay.
Wish me a luck.
Once my bank account balance was $35K!!!! 
FML
Please do not say bet one game at a time or wait for better opportunities.
I will post my 2 or 3 bet tomorrow.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Gl tmro bro hope you run it back up :) 

Captain
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Man your on tilt why throw it all away on a parlay.  No need to lose it all.  If you bet large on the pathetic Hawks cuz a lot people were on them you should probably take a break, regroup and figure out away to better manage your money betting.  

All-Star
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

what was your initial deposit to get to that supposed $35k?

Legend
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Youre only 4 straight single bet wins away from getting all your money back plus some profit if you keep doubling up...parlay will be sure loss so why not take that 3k and get yourself some hookers and top notch drugs...go broke in style with a memory.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

an_roll_laugh

Quote Originally Posted by packersbackers:

Youre only 4 straight single bet wins away from getting all your money back plus some profit if you keep doubling up...parlay will be sure loss so why not take that 3k and get yourself some hookers and top notch drugs...go broke in style with a memory.

Captain
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

He makes a very good point...you would be MUCH better playing 4 straight wagers and doubling on each wager to get it all back..

4 in a row straight wagers much better than a 3 or 4 team parlay...

Still...praying you will learn money management as you will do this over and over if you NEVER learn to bet 1-3% of your bankroll on any one play...no more than that...

Captain
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

This quote may apply to you:

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it..."  ~ Winston Churchhill 

Don't know if you watched the movie "Pool Hall Junkies" but there's one scene where the main character's younger brother is betting pool with a hustler and the hustler is betting him $100 a game and allowing his younger brother to take 8 balls off of the brother's billiards.  The younger brother thinks this is easy money but the older brother tells him that by allowing him to take 8 balls off of HIS billiards, he's actually making it easier for the hustler to win because the hustler will just "run the table."  As usual, the little brother doesn't listen to the advice of his friends and his older brother who is an experienced pool shark.  The younger brother asks to borrow money and his friends call him an idiot but the older brother says to him;

"Let him learn...."

Looks like this may be a situation where you have to learn by losing and hitting rock bottom... an_eek2

Captain
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Ok will put $3K on single bet

Captain
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by StraightWagers:

My initial deposit was $500... I started wining alot in NFL and hit big parlay $500 to $6K and after that increased my bet to $2K and $5K started winning... Than lost to $5K and won again to $26K and down to $5 or $6K than up $17K. If memphis didnt have melt down would have been $25K... I know i habe horrible money management but that is how i roll.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

just wait for the weekend and parlay juventus +0.5, saints ml, pats ml, and chargers ml mega slammer an_horse

Rookie
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Wait for a team at either the top 5 of scoring differential or the bottom 5 of scoring differential to go on a streak of either 3+ loses or 3+ wins, respectively and either bet on them or against them. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/differential/dir/desc/group/league

Legend
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by race444:

Wait for a team at either the top 5 of scoring differential or the bottom 5 of scoring differential to go on a streak of either 3+ loses or 3+ wins, respectively and either bet on them or against them. http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/differential/dir/desc/group/league

Yes, or when good teams play awful ones...just take the good team blindly...usually works...like Warriors vs Hawks last night..."never expect bad teams to do good things for you just because you bet on the bad team"

Veteran
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

i would NOT recommend doing that. pick your spots, bets will come and find the ones with value. there will always be another bet, even if it isn't today that you find one. what you're doing is very poor decision making, in my opinion. you still have a  strong chance to get your money back if you play wisely, but this is not a wise decision. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Good Luck what ever you do . But as you know extremestat is 8-0 in NBA and 6 straight winners in college but he is a very selective player so you have to be patient and wait . But you could put $2000 on his next play and double it a couple times and do a $500 parlay with 2 open spots and wait to fill the 2 spots with his next 2 plays .
Good Luck

Veteran
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Single bets ..... single bets.... parlays are meant to make Vegas money

Veteran
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by ToddC:

Single bets ..... single bets.... parlays are meant to make Vegas money

On the contrary, for the majority of bettors parlays are their only hope to be ahead in the long run...

For winning ones, who make bets with an edge, it is basically a matter of preference/utility (as long as they have a basic grasp of probability and money management)

Prospect
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

I prefer parlays over coin flips hinging on garbage time layups or free throws 

Captain
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

if you go all in on a parlay, you deserve to lose it all.. thats just being stupid ... I mean this in a nice way 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Spurs ML +300 tonight will solve all your problems

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Break your last $3,000 up into $100 increments.

Hard to do in your spot but just start winning again. When things are going well increment your bets (and vice versa).

Going to be a battle but it’s better than crashing and burning instantly.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

damn midnight. im sure all of us have been thru this at one point or another so we can empathasize with you. i was up about 10u in NFL then went thru a few horrible weeks was down -15u. took some time off. now im down to under -10u now. had a few good wins lately with Cowboys spread and ML and some Ravens wins to dig myself out a little bit. 

just bet small maybe 1/5th of what youre normal wager is and start increasing it when you gain some confidence. if you want to parlay just play it for fun like $10 or 20 , a 4 or 5 teamer consider it a bonus if you win 

good luck 

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by midnightprowl:

Quote Originally Posted by StraightWagers:

My initial deposit was $500... I started wining alot in NFL and hit big parlay $500 to $6K and after that increased my bet to $2K and $5K started winning... Than lost to $5K and won again to $26K and down to $5 or $6K than up $17K. If memphis didnt have melt down would have been $25K... I know i habe horrible money management but that is how i roll.

dude,once you got up to that high point why did you keep doing that??you were basically at a point where you could just make $500-$1000 bets comfortably and sustain a losing streak or make decent profit on a hot streak...i dont understand this mentality but i guess its that disease we all got...love to gamble...some just do it bigger than others.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

How about getting back your losses during a two-week period of time? I lost 2k two weeks ago but I have managed to get more than 1500 back and I feel better now. It is doable.

But since you have made up your mind to get it back one time big, all I can say is good luck. I know and understand that urge. You will not listen to people advising you of money managent things, so good luck and hope you get it back. GL.

Captain
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Truckin Gary:

Good Luck what ever you do . But as you know extremestat is 8-0 in NBA and 6 straight winners in college but he is a very selective player so you have to be patient and wait . But you could put $2000 on his next play and double it a couple times and do a $500 parlay with 2 open spots and wait to fill the 2 spots with his next 2 plays .Good Luck

Yep i always follow him...tailed his last 6 play and won alot of parlay... I also follow methodogist?? And tocas (sorry not sure of his exact user name) and LC.

Not sure if i should add miami ml or spurs +8.5..

Waiting for LC pick

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View