View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

best place to buy bitcoin??

Participants:
Views: 1405
Posts: 19
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2016
Posts: 162
Posted: #1

using bovada as a sportsbook and want to deposit using bitcoin so i dont have to pay the fees on the cards.

anyone know of a good and legit place to get bitcoin? 

Quote Post Report User
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2015
Posts: 17
Posted: #2

Download the Coinbase app
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2009
Posts: 6502
Posted: #3

You DO realize that with buying Bitcoin, the exchanges charges ridiculous fees.  Just read their fine print.  Fees for purchasing, storing and selling.  I tell ya, they're nothing but crooks.  It MAY be better to just use your credit card on Bovada and pay the <5% fee.  Also, if you're worried about cashing out with Bovada, you'll be good.  My cousin hit the Eagles futures last year when it was like 50-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and they came through with the $5k check.  The only problem with Bovada is that they:

1. frequently change banks, thus delaying your check to be cashed

2. your bank will probably ask you about the origin of the check and will take "longer" than usual to process but nonetheless it WILL get processed.

Also, remember that Bitcoin is a fluctuating currency.  You may buy $500 worth and only have it be worth $450 a minute later. angry

BOL in whatever you decide... clover

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2016
Posts: 162
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by TheSquare:

You DO realize that with buying Bitcoin, the exchanges charges ridiculous fees.  Just read their fine print.  Fees for purchasing, storing and selling.  I tell ya, they're nothing but crooks.  It MAY be better to just use your credit card on Bovada and pay the <5% fee.  Also, if you're worried about cashing out with Bovada, you'll be good.  My cousin hit the Eagles futures last year when it was like 50-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and they came through with the $5k check.  The only problem with Bovada is that they:

1. frequently change banks, thus delaying your check to be cashed

2. your bank will probably ask you about the origin of the check and will take "longer" than usual to process but nonetheless it WILL get processed.

Also, remember that Bitcoin is a fluctuating currency.  You may buy $500 worth and only have it be worth $450 a minute later. angry

BOL in whatever you decide... clover


you are correct about the price always fluctuating 

is there any other online sports book that you would recommendbetter than bovada? faster payouts and etc? thanks man trying to see whats outs there. 
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2013
Posts: 399
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by Autran14:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSquare:

You DO realize that with buying Bitcoin, the exchanges charges ridiculous fees.  Just read their fine print.  Fees for purchasing, storing and selling.  I tell ya, they're nothing but crooks.  It MAY be better to just use your credit card on Bovada and pay the <5% fee.  Also, if you're worried about cashing out with Bovada, you'll be good.  My cousin hit the Eagles futures last year when it was like 50-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and they came through with the $5k check.  The only problem with Bovada is that they: 1. frequently change banks, thus delaying your check to be cashed 2. your bank will probably ask you about the origin of the check and will take "longer" than usual to process but nonetheless it WILL get processed. Also, remember that Bitcoin is a fluctuating currency.  You may buy $500 worth and only have it be worth $450 a minute later.  BOL in whatever you decide... 
you are correct about the price always fluctuating is there any other online sports book that you would recommendbetter than bovada? faster payouts and etc? thanks man trying to see whats outs there.

Bookemaker

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: May, 2018
Posts: 3462
Posted: #6

If you think fees on credit/ debit cards are bad just wait for the fees on all transactions on coins base.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2016
Posts: 162
Posted: #7

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1183:

you are correct about the price always fluctuating is there any other online sports book that you would recommendbetter than bovada? faster payouts and etc? thanks man trying to see whats outs there.

Bookemaker


How is BetOnline.ag? Any bad reviews in this place?
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2018
Posts: 1415
Posted: #8

Quote Originally Posted by TheSquare:

You DO realize that with buying Bitcoin, the exchanges charges ridiculous fees.  Just read their fine print.  Fees for purchasing, storing and selling.  I tell ya, they're nothing but crooks.  It MAY be better to just use your credit card on Bovada and pay the <5% fee.  Also, if you're worried about cashing out with Bovada, you'll be good.  My cousin hit the Eagles futures last year when it was like 50-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and they came through with the $5k check.  The only problem with Bovada is that they:

1. frequently change banks, thus delaying your check to be cashed

2. your bank will probably ask you about the origin of the check and will take "longer" than usual to process but nonetheless it WILL get processed.

Also, remember that Bitcoin is a fluctuating currency.  You may buy $500 worth and only have it be worth $450 a minute later. angry

BOL in whatever you decide... clover

huh...lately bitcoin have lost its mojo
But you also could have buy $500 worth and can worth $1000 as well
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2014
Posts: 5036
Posted: #9

Coinbase/circle - I prefer atm bitcoin machine - 10% fee but IRS can’t trace 

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2014
Posts: 5036
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by Autran14:

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1183:

you are correct about the price always fluctuating is there any other online sports book that you would recommendbetter than bovada? faster payouts and etc? thanks man trying to see whats outs there. Bookemaker
How is BetOnline.ag? Any bad reviews in this place?
good book- shitty software 

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2016
Posts: 162
Posted: #11

Quote Originally Posted by Ikid2groove035:

How is BetOnline.ag? Any bad reviews in this place? good book- shitty software 


How is the payouts? Thanks for responding man just tryna see where is the best books 
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 2397
Posted: #12

Bitcoin ATM fees have gone up - now 10%.  Better off using a cc with no Foreign Transaction Fee.  The Fee is 5% for most, and your $$$$ are there within 2 hours. 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2007
Posts: 2438
Posted: #13

if you want easy use coinbase or cashapp app 

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2018
Posts: 4
Posted: #14

Although there are no fees charged when depositing with bitcoin on your sportsbook, you must understand that good and legit place to buy bitcoin will charge fees. The best platforms to get bitcoin are crypto exchanges, including Coinbase, CEX, and Kraken. If my memory serves me correctly, CEX has the lowest depositing fees among mentioned exchanges. Furthermore, if you use wire transfer for purchasing bitcoin on CEX, it is a fee-free payment option.

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2018
Posts: 2
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by Autran14:

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1183:

you are correct about the price always fluctuating is there any other online sports book that you would recommendbetter than bovada? faster payouts and etc? thanks man trying to see whats outs there. Bookemaker
How is BetOnline.ag? Any bad reviews in this place?

If I'm not mistaking, there are no websites or exchanges which don’t charge a commission for credit/debit card transactions. But the amount of fees may vary from one platform to another. The average fees range from 1.99% to 3.99%. CEX.IO was considered as a platform with high fees, but recently they lowered card deposit fees to 2.99% (https://blog.cex.io/news/card-fee-reduced-17822) and now it looks more attractive. According to CEX.IO review on http://bitority.com/, the company provides 4 types of accounts which differ in limits and payment methods. And it looks like this website is legit and safe, as they have many security measures like 2FA and data encryption, they also cooperate with banks and financial organizations.

 

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2007
Posts: 11597
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by Autran14:

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1183:

you are correct about the price always fluctuating is there any other online sports book that you would recommendbetter than bovada? faster payouts and etc? thanks man trying to see whats outs there. Bookemaker
How is BetOnline.ag? Any bad reviews in this place?

if you are going to take any bonuses from BetOnline watch those rollover requirements. They are double/triple everyone else. I threw a small chunk of change in to try them out and was shocked at the rollover requirements. 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2006
Posts: 4669
Posted: #17

Quote Originally Posted by Autran14:

using bovada as a sportsbook and want to deposit using bitcoin so i dont have to pay the fees on the cards. anyone know of a good and legit place to get bitcoin?

Gemini has much lower fees than Coinbase and your Bitcoin is insured.

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2017
Posts: 207
Posted: #18

Bovada is not a good book if you are a winning bettor. There are only a very few good books for long term winning bettors. Read this article http://www.bettingresource.com/best-online-sportsbooks.html
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2019
Posts: 11
Posted: #19

Quote Originally Posted by Autran14:

using bovada as a sportsbook and want to deposit using bitcoin so i dont have to pay the fees on the cards. anyone know of a good and legit place to get bitcoin?

 

I use Kraken to trade BTC

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View