Winnipeg is the better team...

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 2817
Posts: 26
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2014
Posts: 1229
#1 Report User
Posted:

but it looks more and more like they're gonna bone away the series being phucking stupid.

Stay in your net Hellebucyk, puck handling is obviously not your strong suit.  You either give it away or get your Dmen in trouble trying to play it.  
 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2013
Posts: 585
#2 Report User
Posted:

They need to find another level and want it as much as Vegas does right now.  They are the better team skill wise.  

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2014
Posts: 1229
#3 Report User
Posted:

I don't know if they need another level...the game I'm watching the Jets are in control and have the pressure on.  Their forecheck is insane! 

But then they lose focus for a second, make a bonehead move, and it's in the back of their net.

-dumbass turnover 35 seconds in...back of the net.
-work hard tie the game...10 seconds later goalie gives a gift...back of the net.
-couple minutes later, get caught on the ice long shift...back of the net.
 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2013
Posts: 585
#4 Report User
Posted:

They only found another level in the 3rd, first 2 periods they were sleepwalking.  I agree their goalie is killing them, Fleury is winning the series for Vegas right now 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2007
Posts: 2913
#5 Report User
Posted:

dont worry. winnipeg aint done yet. like don cherry said. the jets started a little slow tonight and finished strong. they got to play the whole 60 minutes like they did in the third tonight and they will win the game. jets will win next 2

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2013
Posts: 3639
#6 Report User
Posted:

Jets started slow and finished strong? Reason for them to win the next 2? 

Knights started strong and ended sluggish... meaning they  won’t win the next 2? 

My thoughts- 2 very good teams that can go the distance. One difference between the 2 teams is very seldom have I seen the Knights let off the gas pedal in the playoffs. Home ice will be crucial these next few games. I don’t see the Knights lay down @ home like the Preds. 

Knights  take game 4. 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#7 Report User
Posted:

Peg is the better team?  Like LAK and SJ are?  Just because a team plays TOGETHER is not a lack of skill - it is a demonstration of it.  Ask Kopitar, Daughty, Burns, and Hertl which is the better team.  Superstars get beaten by teamwork every time.  Hell, ask LaBron.

Those idiot talking heads on NBCSN last night are just as ignorant, saying that Peg should have won by 1 or 2.  Seems like Vegas (the books, not the team) are the only ones that know the real story - check the series odds.

Btw, the goalie is part of the team in hockey - the biggest part.  Who's the better team?

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by oilers4eva:

dont worry. winnipeg aint done yet. like don cherry said. the jets started a little slow tonight and finished strong. they got to play the whole 60 minutes like they did in the third tonight and they will win the game. jets will win next 2

 

Guess what is up on the bulletin board in VGK's locker room?  Idiot Helleubucyk said his game was better (i.e. his skill and goaltending) than MAF - and this was right after the game. 

Good luck with that - at the Knights practice today, the players were joking w MAF about having "less game than the other guy".  Yeah, they were laughing - but you could tell there was an edge to them - they are PISSED about not only that, but the way the 3rd period went.  All of Vegas is talking about it today.

Winny better be ready tomorrow Knight.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2007
Posts: 2913
#9 Report User
Posted:

winnipeg will bring it and will win this series. just watch

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2014
Posts: 1229
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Peg is the better team?  Like LAK and SJ are?  Just because a team plays TOGETHER is not a lack of skill - it is a demonstration of it.  Ask Kopitar, Daughty, Burns, and Hertl which is the better team.  Superstars get beaten by teamwork every time.  Hell, ask LaBron.

Those idiot talking heads on NBCSN last night are just as ignorant, saying that Peg should have won by 1 or 2.  Seems like Vegas (the books, not the team) are the only ones that know the real story - check the series odds.

Btw, the goalie is part of the team in hockey - the biggest part.  Who's the better team?


You can't honestly tell me when watching this series so far that Winnipeg isn't showing more control and dominance of the play??  The Jets are all over them.

Obviously it hasn't translated into enough wins yet...but they dominate for long stretches then brain fart and give up a quick one. 

But yes, Winnipeg is the better team...they carry the play.

Fleury's been hot I give him credit, I like Fleury.  Will it continue...who knows, a 7 game series isn't necessarily long enough for those things to even out.  A hot goalie can carry you through.  I don't know if anyone else noticed but after going down 2-1 on the bad giveaway goal, Hellebuyck didn't leave his crease a single time, not once, the rest of the game...clearly an order from the the coaching staff.  I think this will make a big difference for him going forward...he's young, easy to lose focus, they told him just stay in the net and stop the puck, let the Dmen deal with dump-ins.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#11 Report User
Posted:

  Who's the better team? [/Quote]You can't honestly tell me when watching this series so far that Winnipeg isn't showing more control and dominance of the play??  The Jets are all over them.

 

Wait - did you miss the 1st & 2nd periods in game 3?  What about most of game 2?  Who had the better goalie?  The better defense?  The better coaching?  You "traditionalists" probably long for the good old days of no helmets.  Get off of your IBM PC.  VGK has been the better team - the scoreboard shows it.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2014
Posts: 1229
#12 Report User
Posted:

Better goalie, yes I'll give Fleury that so far like I already said.  Better defence, and everything else...I don't think so, the game play doesn't tell me that anyway.

In 2014 Canada lost to France in the round robin of the World Hockey Championships...does this mean that France is the better team?  They won the game, no denying that, but the better team?


 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2014
Posts: 167
#13 Report User
Posted:

OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE KINGS SERIES....BOARD US, PLAY AGGRESSIVE WE BEAT YOU...

THE ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY WAY!!!!! JETS HAVE BEAT US HAVE BEEN ON POWER PLAY.

KNIGHTS HAVE BEST DEFENSE..MARK MY WORDS YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE PLAY 100% D... MAYBE 70... 

GOALS ON FLEURY WERE CHEEEEEAAAAAPPP....

PLUS JETS FANS SIT IN THERE SEATS ALL GAMES...IN CANADA.... WELCOME TO VEGAS... COMPLAIN SOME MORE

 

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: May, 2012
Posts: 791
#14 Report User
Posted:

Hellebuyck gives up so many sh it ty goals, it's unbelievable. 
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#15 Report User
Posted:

What a bunch of crybaby Jets.  Did you see B Fuglie crying when HE missed the non icing at the end of the game?

 

Go away you loser hockey “traditionalists “

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2009
Posts: 10201
#16 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by dcp1985:

 Topic: Winnipeg is the better team... 

On the brink of elimination to an expansion team.....priceless


 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2008
Posts: 3917
#17 Report User
Posted:

Hey Skinnycat, hope you weren't including me in your female list cause I have 2 thing s down low not up high just so you know but onto more important topics...Your boys are old enough..your Goalie is old enough-how old was Quick 6 years ago when he broke a record for save % in the playoffs??

That's the point about Bucky...not just staying in the crease, but not poking away the first goal in game 3 and allowing rebounds like last night to lead to a goal you couldn't afford to give up..

And Vegas has a plan to keep coming at all times of the game to find opportunities like that knowing Fluery can back them up...they don't sit on leads-that's coaching..so to any of you doubters still..
do you FREAKING BELIEVE NOW???



 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#18 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by oilers4eva:

winnipeg will bring it and will win this series. just watch

 

Which year???

new_laughing1bigsmile

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2007
Posts: 2913
#19 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Quote Originally Posted by oilers4eva:

winnipeg will bring it and will win this series. just watch
  Which year???

I was wrong. I guess my heart was speaking. Want a cup in canada bad. So wtf is your point you floating classless pos

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2007
Posts: 2913
#20 Report User
Posted:

*gloating

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#21 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by oilers4eva:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Quote Originally Posted by oilers4eva:

winnipeg will bring it and will win this series. just watch
  Which year???
I was wrong. I guess my heart was speaking. Want a cup in canada bad. So wtf is your point you floating classless pos

 

Guess you missed my thread of 20 hours ago..... an_speak  

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#22 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Flutiemaniac341:

[?
Vegas fans are becoming more obnoxious than Leafs fans. God damn I hate these pukes

 

Truly classy reaction to the facts.  Oh....and in case you missed it, a Vegas fan started THIS thread....

 

https://www.covers.com/forum/ViewThread/103242825/congrats-to-the-peg

 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#23 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Flutiemaniac341:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish7878:

Peg is the better team?  Like LAK and SJ are?  Just because a team plays TOGETHER is not a lack of skill - it is a demonstration of it.  Ask Kopitar, Daughty, Burns, and Hertl which is the better team.  Superstars get beaten by teamwork every time.  Hell, ask LaBron. Those idiot talking heads on NBCSN last night are just as ignorant, saying that Peg should have won by 1 or 2.  Seems like Vegas (the books, not the team) are the only ones that know the real story - check the series odds. Btw, the goalie is part of the team in hockey - the biggest part.  Who's the better team?
Vegas fans are becoming more obnoxious than Leafs fans. God damn I hate these pukes

 

(Sorry about the tech glitch in the last post (Covers??))

 

Thanks for the classy response.  In case you missed it, the following thread was from one of those obnoxious Vegas fans...

 

www.covers.com/forum/ViewThread/103242825/congrats-to-the-peg

 

 

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 1362
#24 Report User
Posted:

LOL, now I guess the Old Farts can just substitute "Washington " for "Winnipeg"

Ask BeFugly of the Jets who the "BETTER TEAM" is.

You guys,are hilarious. 

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2002
Posts: 933
#25 Report User
Posted:

hahahahaha
both skinnycat and oilers4eva are fukkin idiots
First << 1 of 2 >> Last