*** Utah Jazz @ Oklahoma City Thunder *** Series Bet

First << 1 of 5 >> Last
Views: 8200

Captain
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

OKC beat the Jazz 3 out of 4 times this year including twice by double digits. Much will be different in this series however.

All 4 of those matchups were prior to December 23rd, when the Jazz started just 15-19 (44%) on the year. Since then, the team has improved mightily going 33-15 (69%). The Jazz have obviously gotten better, but what about OKC? 

Andre Roberson is one of the better defenders in the league, and his season ending injury has been huge. Prior to his departure, OKC was a top 4 defense in the league holding opponents to 101 points per game. Since he left, they are giving up 108 points per game. A 7 point difference for one player. In those 4 matchups against Utah, Andre Roberson was a cumulative +59 on the court. A lot more that I like about the Jazz in this matchup but I’ll keep it brief, Thunder play too much iso ball to beat this defense over 7 games.

• Utah Jazz Series Win +105 ($3,000)

Captain
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

GL League and welcome back

HoustonSports, can we go ahead and ban Lakers please?   Thanks. 

Captain
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

some additional thoughts on Jazz.......yes, we saw last night Brodie only went for 6 points but got his Triple Double for the year.  So, it shows they CAN play team ball however, they will resort to hero ball when the time comes and that is not sustainable.  I like the Jazz pick bud

GL

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

some additional thoughts on Jazz.......yes, we saw last night Brodie only went for 6 points but got his Triple Double for the year.  So, it shows they CAN play team ball however, they will resort to hero ball when the time comes and that is not sustainable.  I like the Jazz pick bud

GL

Ray Liotta really has this Jazz team pumped up...amazing coaching job this season...OKC coach not so much

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by lakers824824:

10 $ for 20 $

message me for details

bet large on cleveland now odds will go down

ricky tran and power sports have the best nba streak going into playoffs nba and will do the best this year buy from them i will when i can

you running a sex ring here for trannys?
how hasn't a mod seen and banned you yet?

Captain
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by packersbackers:

Ray Liotta really has this Jazz team pumped up...amazing coaching job this season...OKC coach not so much

Not sure on the Ray look alike but Quinn definitely looks like he dipped into Tony Montana's stash ( yes, thats 2 Tony Montana references in 1 week, if you are keeping score )

Captain
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

This is a solid bet League I like it.  I believe I am going to take the Jazz game 1 and the series when my book offers it.

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Anthony is trash!!! Trust Utah more than the POS Thunder. Play off is a different animal.

Captain
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Yepper..........................

Melo is a shadow of himself. Player Efficiency Rating is 12.7, league ave is 15. His career ave is over 20.  He is shooting a dreadful 43.7% on 2 pointers and OKC ranks 18th in off FG%.

OKC ranks no. 1 in off rebs, no wonder, they miss so many shots and have loads of off rebs available to them.

Getting more off rebs has correlation to losing the game. 
Shooting a better FG % has high correlation to winning the game.

Captain
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

cant disagree with this at all.....gobert will make westbrook forays into the paint very difficult and the jazz obviously play great team defense as a whole which doesnt bode well for thunder isolation tendencies...even on the road im a little surprised the jazz not slight faves,they have been one of the elite teams in the entire league for over 2 straight months now and have dished out some fearful beatdowns to the other top teams in the league...they are a true "team" that shares the ball,values it and generates good shots mot of the time,okc??...not so much...can see this going 6,maybe 7 but gotta like utah at plus odds.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

I'm sure the league would hate to see golden state vs Oklahoma again... WINK WINk... NUdge nudge.... You guys bet on whoever the effing MUCk you wanna bet on though

Rookie
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

What about OKC's offense since Roberson went down? You gotta tell both sides of the story. They're a net negative without Roberson but their offensive rating has improved 2 points (defense -4) so net -2.

The thing is though, who are they performing against? OKC is 26-23 vs above .500 teams and just 22-11 against under .500 teams. Jazz are 26-26 vs .500 and 22-8 vs under .500 teams.

Now I don't know when these games were so you'd have to really analyse the schedule which is helluva lot of work.

Also OKC is 11-4 vs teams ranked 1-5  and 3-11 vs teams ranked 6-10. What does this tell you? They only get up for big games? Or did they play most of these 1-5 teams before Roberson went down and both of the 6-10 teams after? I don't know, using teamrankings if anyone else wants to have a look by the way.

Captain
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

completely agree w/this Jazz play. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

can donovan the spider mitchell get it done?an_worship

Captain
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Captain
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

hey LC, you still on 5d? if so the line is +120 over there! gl 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Going with the brodie. Good luck pal

Veteran
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

110% agree with you

Veteran
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

The only things I get worried about is that OKC is winning in clutch times specially since ASG (11 wins). But, OKC and Utah have almost the same Net Rtg, so not a big deal.

Basically, RSW, PG and CA are the guys to take responsability of shots in those clutch moments. Actually, RSW shots more than twice than those 2 that are struggling. And, don't forget how bad they are in free throws.

Utah is really rolling through season but those tough losses versus the celtics and the hawks at home have made me feel a little bit concerned if they can win the series. 2 losses in clutch moment that hurt their position (they could have finished in 3rd and take on new orleans instead)

Veteran
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

I like it. BOL

Banned
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

I personally believe the only reason OKC is the favorite because of the public money they want on them, Jazz are obviously the better team with Gobert and Exum back in the lineup

Veteran
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Be careful guys.
Star power in the playoffs usually counts more than team play.
Dont go too big with this bet.Still saying that even though i like Jazz too

Veteran
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Ah and i forgot to say...the best scorer on Jazz,if i 'm not remembering this wrong,is a ROOKIE.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Lol, tell all your friends to hammer the Jazz. Please revisit this thread after the series. Keep watching NBA media to make your bets. Wow. Utah?  Lol wow media is a powerful tool. 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by dakeelay:

Posted: 4 hours ago "Quote" I personally believe the only reason OKC is the favorite because of the public money they want on them, Jazz are obviously the better team with Gobert and Exum back in the lineup

Obviously OK  is not good at all. Bet the house on Utah, and tell your friends. 

First << 1 of 5 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View