Loyola Chicago...8-1 to win the Championship...

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 1611

Veteran
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Its's worth a shot....think they might get by Michigan....and who knows if Villanova and Kansas....beat each other up....

Prospect
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

The outright upset is possible but I feel much more comfortable taking them +6 as I did yesterday...It's dropped a point since but I'd still lock in +5 asap... bet it drops to 4 by tip off

Veteran
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

I will be on +6 for sure.....

Rookie
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

I paid big with k state but they made a believer out of me. + whatever points for sure

Captain
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

I don't see it. Michigan is very likely going to finals.

Loyola GOT VERY FORTUNATE to have both the number 1 and 2 seeds get beat and only played one top seed, no. 3 Tenn surviving by 1 pt.

Then they got to play a 7 seed and a 9 seed instead of a 1 or 2 seed.

These lower seeded teams can beat 1 top seed and has happened a number of times in tournament history but don't  go on to beat a 2cd top seed all that often.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

When the patriots were undefeated a few years back they started filing trademarks and all that mess and got pounded by the giants. The same thing is gonna happen with sister act. They are out vs Michigan 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

With the style of ball that Loyola and Mich play with, I see a low scoring war where free throws might decide the winner.

*Pop quiz*

When was the last time a MVC team met a Big10 team in the final 4?

Answer....IU vs Indiana St, Larry Bird vs Irving Johnson

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

^1989

Veteran
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

With the style of ball that Loyola and Mich play with, I see a low scoring war where free throws might decide the winner.*Pop quiz*When was the last time a MVC team met a Big10 team in the final 4?Answer....IU vs Indiana St, Larry Bird vs Irving Johnson

Well if it comes down to FTs that does not bode well for michigan.  

Michigan team FT% = 321st in D1 @ 66.2%

Loyola team FT% = 141st in D1 @ 72.2%

also michigan starting PG shoot 52% an_speechless

Michigan is capable of playing a fast paced up and down game as well as a grind it out half court game.  Coaches for both teams are excellent so not much there advantage wise.  I expect a close game.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

With the style of ball that Loyola and Mich play with, I see a low scoring war where free throws might decide the winner.*Pop quiz*When was the last time a MVC team met a Big10 team in the final 4?Answer....IU vs Indiana St, Larry Bird vs Irving Johnson

Larry Bird was 1979 and Indiana St beat DePaul to reach the title game where they LOST to B1G team Michigan St.  Still waiting for correct answer which I do not have.....

an_popcorn

Veteran
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

I THINK LOYOLA CHI WINS IT ALL OVER NOVA 

Banned
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by lmb4321:

Its's worth a shot....think they might get by Michigan....and who knows if Villanova and Kansas....beat each other up....

NO

THIS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF DEAD MONEY- If there is such a thing as a smart gambler..He's eyballing all this dead money and salivating

I know I am...Keep bettin on it..Please...I'm gonna swwop down and get some

Banned
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy48:

it's a horrible bet  

Its just so stupid...I shouldn't say anything- Let em bet it all the way up till Saturday- Then tap it!

Banned
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PAPAWFRANK:

I THINK LOYOLA CHI WINS IT ALL OVER NOVA 

Bwha ha ha ha ha 

I just spit my OJ all over my monitor

Captain
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

With the style of ball that Loyola and Mich play with, I see a low scoring war where free throws might decide the winner.

*Pop quiz*

When was the last time a MVC team met a Big10 team in the final 4?

Answer....IU vs Indiana St, Larry Bird vs Irving Johnson

Not sure if trolling or what.....lol...but I at least laughed.  

Earvin Johnson btw, and as already posted, that was 1979 and they lost the title game to Michigan State.  

Banned
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Guys..lets not point out the 1 in 500 anomoly as a reason to throw money away on the Ramblers

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Banned
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

In 1908 the American Beauty College beat Army for the championship?

Factor that into your handicapping guys

Prospect
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Loyola vs Kansas Final Matchup. Kansas favored by 12 over under 147 and Loyola pulls the upset. 74-72. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Year of the dog...

Captain
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

+800 is lousy value. You're better served betting the ML against Michigan and rolling over your winnings vs. Nova/Kansas.

Your average ML for Loyola against Michigan is +225. Say you bet 1u to win 2.25u. Then, depending on Nova/Kansas outcome, you can roll over your 2.25u + 1u original bet.

Projected spread vs. Kansas is 7/7.5. Loyola ML there would be around +300. Roll over your 3.25u to win 9.75u. That's a better value than the +800 presently offered as a future. 

Projected spread vs. Nova is 12/12.5. Loyola ML there would be around +550. Roll over your 3.25u to win 17.8u. Again, that's a significantly better value than betting the +800 future.

Good luck.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Im seeing +1125

Veteran
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Just take Loyola plus 220 and then roll the winnings into the final game. A hypothetical $100 would net $320 to bet on Loyola in the final. $320 at +300 (an estimate) would net you $960.

Future bets are for suckers....don't be one.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

So I can get 12/1 on Carbon for Loyola winning championship wouldn't it be best to take that since I think they will beat Michigan instead of the +220 then  I can hedge it if I want in Championship game. Imagine Nova or Ku won't be much more then the Michigan spread of -240. Anyone have a guess what KU or Nova ML spreads would be?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

12/1 seems to be excellent value. I doubt Loyola would be a 4/1 dog in the final, but that's what 12/1 is basically saying.

First << 1 of 2 >> Last