Motivational Angles for Today

Views: 395

Veteran
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

As in any sport, the last game of the regular season is filled with teams of different motivational situations. Some have everything locked up with no where to go in the standings, while others are on the bubble and need a win.  Some teams are more senior laden and will give it their best on senior day, while other teams might be hitting the road to play out the string.  I haven't gone through the entire card today, but wanted to ask if any games/angles stuck out to anyone.  THanks in advance

Veteran
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

12pm...

Providence whooped st johns awhile ago, but the johnnies have been hot. providence has some seniors.  6 points seems like alot for st john. Like the over 139 i think. 

wake vs georgia tech is a battle for last place.  garbage teams. no idea. 

virginia @ miami. virginia has revenge, but both teams had big weeks solidifying their post season futures.  early game. tough call. virginia had a guy set a record in points and assists and they set a team record for assists.  they might be fat and happy. miami senior day for newton might be the difference. lean miami. 

kentucky @ florida. playing for double bye, so there is meaning for both teams. both have righted the ship a bit. kentucky has revenge.  5 is a decent amount of points for a talented team. i haven't been on the right side of a florida game this year, so take it for what it is worth. 

xavier @ depaul. depaul scares me because they have nothing to lose and they can offensive rebound with the best of them, but xavier is playing to win the conference outright.  lean xavier -8

wv @ tex. this is essentially an elimination game for texas. lose and no tournament.  but man are they hurt.  eric davis out and bamba gtd. even if he plays, he will be hobbled.  motivation all on tex side, but do they have the healthy horses. 

Captain
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Senior Day/Night is often more detrimental than helpful. Players are surrounded by family and friends and the mood can be more melancholy than motivating. 

Idaho has its Senior Night tonight featuring a class that helped revitalize the program. They're locked into the #2 seed next week in Reno, but just lost Perrion Callandret for the season. Decent spot for a letdown against a Big Sky bottomfeeder, albeit one with some talent (Aytes a BYU transfer and Morgan a UNLV transfer). 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by JFen31:

Senior Day/Night is often more detrimental than helpful. Players are surrounded by family and friends and the mood can be more melancholy than motivating. Idaho has its Senior Night tonight featuring a class that helped revitalize the program. They're locked into the #2 seed next week in Reno, but just lost Perrion Callandret for the season. Decent spot for a letdown against a Big Sky bottomfeeder, albeit one with some talent (Aytes a BYU transfer and Morgan a UNLV transfer).

Great info Jfen, exactly what i am looking for. thank you and good luck. 

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View