angels pitching a joke?

First << 1 of 2 >> Last
Views: 1909

Veteran
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Anyone think the angels pitching is a big joke? Most of the line up is bad. Pitcher and hitter Shohei Ohtani from japan has a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow, a malady that likely won’t prevent him from pitching for the Los Angeles Angels in 2018. This has got to be the biggest joke around. I have never in my life seen pitchers in mlb that were power hitters. If this guy was supose to get more  butts in  seats at angels home games it may have done the trick for entertainment purposes. You maybe able to pitch and hit in japanese baseball but this is the big leagues. Ohtani  deserves to be faded for one unit until he proves himself otherwise he  can win in the big league. Fade this clown show. Then you have garrett richards who decided attemped to come back from a torn UCL without undergoing Tommy John surgery and decided to go with stem cells. Its a unproven method that could back fire. Science and medicine can be used with bad results just to get profits. If its anything I know its that doctors and hospitals dont make profit on healthy people they need to keep people sick and injured to profit thats a fact. 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Pay your rent yet?

MVP
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by hillardoh1:

I have never in my life seen pitchers in mlb that were power hitters. 

I can tell you are too young to remember him, and apparently you don't think mlb existed before your time, but you might want to Google up the name Babe Ruth. Just because you have not seen something (in your short pathetic life) does not mean it does not exist.

What do have against the Angels? They have outstanding pitching potential, and calling any line up with Mike Trout in it a joke is a joke on the writer, not the Angels. Grow up, baseball history did begin when you picked your favorite and least liked teams.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

99% of the people in this forum have no comprehension of the history of MLB. If they did, they would realize that what they’re watching now is a talent-bankrupt generation of players.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

I like a good joke once in a while...

What is blue, and smells exactly like red paint?

MVP
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

I like a good joke once in a while...

What is blue, and smells exactly like red paint?
That is a riddle, not a joke, but gimme the punch line

Veteran
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

There’s no way the angels signed a player of the Japanese guy status to a deal without doing a physical. If he’s that banged up then it was a bad deal 

MVP
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Just another two-bit opinion here, but if he was seriously hurt I don't believe such a big investment would be participating in ST throwing and batting drills both. Most rumors are overrated, probably this one too. 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

This poster has no idea what he ever posts on this forum, so everyone should just carry on with their lives.  

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

QUOTE Originally Posted by undermysac: I like a good joke once in a while...What is blue, and smells exactly like red paint? That is a riddle, not a joke, but gimme the punch line

Blue Paint...

MVP
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Blue Paint...

Don't quit your regular job. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

This poster has no idea what he ever posts on this forum, so everyone should just carry on with their lives.  
hey i told you guys this pitcher was a joke. time to put him on the fade train.cash money

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22567943/los-angeles-angels-shohei-ohtani-struggles-fastball-command-debut

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by hillardoh1:

hey i told you guys this pitcher was a joke. time to put him on the fade train.cash money

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22567943/los-angeles-angels-shohei-ohtani-struggles-fastball-command-debut

Yeah, 2 innings in the first Spring Training game is the best way to measure a player!

U R A Jeenyus!!!!

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Madison Bumgarner got lit up yesterday...I see AAA in his future.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-shohei-ohtani-strikes-out-8/c-267685080

Veteran
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-shohei-ohtani-strikes-out-8/c-267685080

Ohtani looked great yesterday.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Also Parker Bridwell was really solid last year. 95-99 mph fastball with good movement and developing junk pitches? He had a WHIP of less than 1.2 and an ERA of 3.64. He will be in the rotation again this year.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

You were saying something about Ohtani being a joke?

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

He is unhittable today...and the A's just saw him recently. Prefect through 4 with 7 k's.

This dude is amazing. The hype is real.

Captain
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

He is unhittable today...and the A's just saw him recently. Prefect through 4 with 7 k's.

This dude is amazing. The hype is real.

He’s 0-2 fading him 

MVP
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

The same people always criticize Asian players before they ever play a game. Tells you more about the critic than the player.

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Anyone that is IMPRESSED with this Ohtani guy needs to be slapped. Okay yes, he's had some good AB's. But the only one AB that I was impressed with was his HR off of Kluber. The rest of his AB's?an_timeout I could hit a hr off of Tomlin, that guy gives up a sh*t load of hr's....

Now to his pitching side....I only need to say ONE thing....he's pitching against the A'snew_laughing1

Who in the A's whole batting order are you afraid of? It's okay ill wait. 

Now if he goes 7 innings 1 ER 8-12 K's 3 B's against say the Redsox,Yankees, Bluejays, Rangers lineups just to name a few. THEN and only then ill be impressed. Until then an_shake

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Dare we saw look out Clemons and Wood?

10 k's through 5, still perfect, pitch count 65

Veteran
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

6.0 IP, 18 down, 11K and 75 pitches

9 to go