Indians Staying Pat

Views: 457

MVP
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Indians bring back Rajai Davis. Looks like they won't be trying to improve the offense. They have about a two year window before they rebuild again.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

I think they go through the motions this year knowing they're the default AL Central champs. Losing Mickey Callaway will be their biggest loss. So sad because I thought last year was the best all around team they've ever had even going back to the 90's teams that had mediocre pitching at best.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Have to agree with T6.  Ownership decided not to spend money this offseason.  They lost production with Santana leaving and really have not replaced him (I see Alonzo as more of part time player).  Lots of lingering injuries are also a concern with Brantley, Salazar and Guyer.  Who knows about Zimmer?  Heritage this morning posts a season win total of 94.5.  I see them topping out at about 90 which will probably get them to Division championship. 

MVP
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

If you have pitching like the Tribe, and your rotation stays healthy, you are in it all the way. Regardless of any other factor they should be able to post 92+ wins and take the division, as long as the rotation stays healthy.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Still trying to figure out the Carlos Santana decision.

MVP
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Indians made an offer to Santana but he chose to go elsewhere. The Indians have a pretty good size payroll going into this season and they could not give him more than the offer they made. I always liked him and wish him well in Philly. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

I think it’s a mistake. They’re gonna miss his offense and ops. You’re gonna need scoring to beat some of these AL juggernauts.

MVP
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by capperator:

I think it’s a mistake. They’re gonna miss his offense and ops. You’re gonna need scoring to beat some of these AL juggernauts.
The juggernauts are not in the Central Division and superior pitching dominates the short playoff series. I don't think he makes much difference in the division race (who can challenge?) and maybe their pitching can handle the juggernauts in the playoffs. jmho
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View