Posted:

Should get W's in the reg season...

But high leverage games, especially playoofs his nuts move north to his throat

Prospect
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

Should get W's in the reg season...But high leverage games, especially playoofs his nuts move north to his throat

I wonder if they'll start him at the number 3 or 2 you think he'll start above Hendricks?

Prospect
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

guess it depends on if he's the Rangers Yu Darvish or the Dodgers Yu Darvish but I think they'll probably start him at 2 but if they decide to put him at 3 that would be sweet for us. 

MVP
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Can't put Cyle Hendriks at 3, he'll probably be #2, Darvish 3.

As a Cubs follower though, did any one else notice that Jon Lester has lost velocity on his fastball?? He's not getting any younger. And he paints with mostly fast balls and cutters. If there's anything to be concerned about it's their #1 pitcher....

Ok I'll insert this----->

Prospect
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

In this case the Cubs are practically guaranteed favorites to win a Series game 3 regardless whether they put him at the 2 or the 3,  not many ball clubs can match 3 days worth of talent on the Hill. was a nice move!

MVP
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

They should pony up now and resign Jake and call it day imo

MVP
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PushesL0oze:

In this case the Cubs are practically guaranteed favorites to win a Series game 3 regardless whether they put him at the 2 or the 3,  not many ball clubs can match 3 days worth of talent on the Hill. was a nice move!

Starters do not go 1, 2, 3 every series. Sometimes it is 3, 4, 5.
I will quote sac here -----> 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PushesL0oze:

6yr. $126m

The Brewers can forget about winning the division now. This was a great counter blow by the Cubs to end any hopes of the Brewers winning the division.

Legend
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

As it stands right now its

1) Lester
2) Darvish
3) Hendricks
4) Quintana
5) Chatwood/Montgomery

Veteran
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by HappyKane:

As it stands right now its1) Lester2) Darvish3) Hendricks4) Quintana5) Chatwood/Montgomery

Actually this pitching lineup may not be as devastating as I originally thought. I guess it really depends on if Yu Darvish performs at a Cy Young level or not.  I still think it was a good move by the Cubs to counter the Brewers attempt to capture the division. I got my hopes on the Brewers to some how some way get the pitching they desparately need.

Banned
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Darvish can opt out after 2 yearspeace_5

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Dodgers got all the talents and look what happened. This baby cubs will be the same. Pitching is great but if you can't hit then you are just another POS. 

MVP
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Windy8899:

Dodgers got all the talents and look what happened. This baby cubs will be the same. Pitching is great but if you can't hit then you are just another POS
I don't know why Covers tolerates that. No pos ever made a major league roster. 

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

From today's Chicago Sun Times. Theo Epstein stated that Darvish is the greatest strike out pitcher statistically of all time! Huge statement. I am not a stats guy. Theo is the boy wonder/genius.

MVP
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by sundance:

From today's Chicago Sun Times. Theo Epstein stated that Darvish is the greatest strike out pitcher statistically of all time! Huge statement. I am not a stats guy. Theo is the boy wonder/genius.

Theo never faced Nolan Ryan. 

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

That's for sure key. How about Gibson, Marichal or even a Drysdale?

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View