Josh McDaniels has decided NOT to accept Colts HC job

Views: 1360

Rookie
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Stunner: Patriots’ OC Josh McDaniels has decided NOT to accept Colts’ HC job and will remain with New England, sources

Rookie
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Maybe Bill is retiring soon 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

yes that's my thinking if not the following year..interesting that Ind fired there coach ...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

I don’t know what’s going on anymore. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Jim Harbaugh says he would gladly take over for Josh lol

Veteran
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Is this a rerun from the year 2000?

Worst part of this is mcdaniels hired assitant coach's who have already arrived in Indy and started working. What a RICHARD! 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

How can you agree to a deal and then back out of it? Did he not sign anything? Everything I had to agree to I had to sign something unless it was consensual sex 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Is this still accurate? I read on Rotoworld that he did accept the Indie job.

Captain
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Belichick will retire soon and McDaniels will be the new head coach .. what else can it be?

Legend
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by spotslife1:

Stunner: Patriots’ OC Josh McDaniels has decided NOT to accept Colts’ HC job and will remain with New England, sources

Slap in the face to the Colts from McDaniels' broken agreement with them, BUT it may NOT be too bad for the Colts not hiring him as HC. McDaniels was 11-17 as HC of Denver in 2009-2010.  

MVP
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Oh wow. Nevermind. Thought he agreed. 

McDaniels is a tease lol

Captain
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Alot of speculation as to why he didn't go on the radio here in New England.

They suspect he could be replacing Belichick, it does seem odd he would not want to be a head coach and especially coach Luck..

Rookie
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Just said on @gmfb: Josh McDaniels went to Gillette Stadium yesterday to clean out his office. Ended up meeting for hours Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, Jonathan Kraft. They laid out how they felt about him, process going forward. This was about the #Patriots, not the #Colts.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

McDaniels should have been forthright with the Colts and the Colts should have never signed assistants without an inked contract from the new head coach. This mess is on the Colts. Was it dickish? Sure. But McDaniels never agreed to anything. Indy jumped the gun and got burned.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

McDaniels should have been forthright with the Colts and the Colts should have never signed assistants without an inked contract from the new head coach. This mess is on the Colts. Was it dickish? Sure. But McDaniels never agreed to anything. Indy jumped the gun and got burned.

He hired assistants who already started working. He hand picked these 3 guys, that's an agreement with 3 people. McDaniels was wrong to back out, period.
Good luck hiring new people again when the time presents itself
Imho he failed twice b4 teaming up with Brady. Indy got a gift by him staying in new england but those 3 guys are who got screwed.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Josh Boy is the one who asked these guys to come to Indy. Josh Boy verbally committed to Indy. What are you smoking? Yes, he never signed a contract, but, duh, he did agree to go coach there.

BTW- This is great in the long run for Indy

Veteran
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

McDaniels agent just told him to take a hike and find another agent. Agents are sleezeballs but this move by McD made the agent puke.

Wml799- agreed. All wine and roses having Brady for a qb, he would've stunk up Indy. 
Indy has a bigger issue drafting players for to long a time. 

Legend
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Best of luck to Matt Patricia, a man who keeps his words and deed to the Detroit Lions!!  

Colts are talking to Frank Reich on Friday, this man might be pretty good fit to them, good luck! So much to Josh McDaniels who went 11-17 as a previous HC. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I was taught that when you give someone a commitment, you honor it. Together with reports that Andrew Luck might require more surgery, this is awful for Indie.

Legend
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess:

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I was taught that when you give someone a commitment, you honor it. Together with reports that Andrew Luck might require more surgery, this is awful for Indie.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

If your Word doesn't mean anything then your Nothing! 

Legend
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Europa:

Best of luck to Matt Patricia, a man who keeps his words and deed to the Detroit Lions!!  

Colts are talking to Frank Reich on Friday, this man might be pretty good fit to them, good luck! So much to Josh McDaniels who went 11-17 as a previous HC. 

Colts have just done that. Good luck Colts, and forget about that Josh who?

MVP
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

I cannot imagine where he learned this no-class move!

What say you, Pats fans? Your mouths USED TO be always open...........

Captain
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

I heard Belichick told him if he goes to Colts it likely would be his last head coaching job as he will fail and never be given another chance.