Giants-Redskins - Analysis

Views: 1095

Rookie
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

All,

Thanks to all who contribute here on covers. Stepping out here to make my largest wager of the season Sunday at ,MetLiife Stadium. Many will ask why wager over five figures on a meaningless game. Well here goes:

Redskins 7-8: Everything I read says getting to 8-8 means something to these guys. Played well defensively last two weeks in beating the Cardinals and woeful Broncos.

- Motivation: Redskins still have bad taste in their mouths from losing last season's finale to Giants with a playoff berth on line. Giants had no incentive and still won in Washington.

Giants - What more is there to say. This team is a complete dumpster fire and is looking to end the season. Another suspension this week with CB Eli Apple.

- Giants played Eagles tough a few weeks ago and moved the ball well in their best offensive performance of season. However, all their weapons from that game are gone.  Shepard and Engram both out. An already shaky Eli now has to throw to Lewis, Sharp, Rudolph, Ellison and Bundy on a brutally cold and windy day. I just can't see them scoring much here at all.

Protecting Eli on Sunday will be the likes of  Wheeler, Jerry, Jones, Halapio and Bisnowaty (elevated from practice squad Saturday).

Smart or not, I am taking the Redskins -3

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Love it 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

And after that great analysis, one has to wonder why only Washington -3? It should be Washington -10.5, but it's not. So, maybe there are some unknown factors that will become painfully obvious as Washington lose this game outright.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Beningo88:

Love it 

It's gambling so one never knows. However, I look at this game don't see how the Giants have the players or incentive to win. 

Best of luck if you play it. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by cropduster:

And after that great analysis, one has to wonder why only Washington -3? It should be Washington -10.5, but it's not. So, maybe there are some unknown factors that will become painfully obvious as Washington lose this game outright.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by CKP22:

All,

Thanks to all who contribute here on covers. Stepping out here to make my largest wager of the season Sunday at ,MetLiife Stadium. Many will ask why wager over five figures on a meaningless game. Well here goes:

Redskins 7-8: Everything I read says getting to 8-8 means something to these guys. Played well defensively last two weeks in beating the Cardinals and woeful Broncos.

- Motivation: Redskins still have bad taste in their mouths from losing last season's finale to Giants with a playoff berth on line. Giants had no incentive and still won in Washington.

Giants - What more is there to say. This team is a complete dumpster fire and is looking to end the season. Another suspension this week with CB Eli Apple.

- Giants played Eagles tough a few weeks ago and moved the ball well in their best offensive performance of season. However, all their weapons from that game are gone.  Shepard and Engram both out. An already shaky Eli now has to throw to Lewis, Sharp, Rudolph, Ellison and Bundy on a brutally cold and windy day. I just can't see them scoring much here at all.

Protecting Eli on Sunday will be the likes of  Wheeler, Jerry, Jones, Halapio and Bisnowaty (elevated from practice squad Saturday).

Smart or not, I am taking the Redskins -3

Very good analysis. You've got a winner.

Legend
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Very good analysis. You've got a winner.
Does he?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

My bet is he is not wagering over 10k on this game or even has seen 10k in his life

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Post #3 says Washington should be -10.5?? You think the Redskins are 13.5 pts better on a neutral?

This is a road division game...books are saying the Skins are 6 pts better.

Good Luck on the play CKP22

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

At skins -3 Vegas is begging you to take the Giants. Ah no way skins  Is the play 
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View