Mariota ML

Views: 1694
Posts: 16
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2014
Posts: 12626
#1 Report User
Posted:

Line is inflated and rightfully so with a short week not favoring road teams on TNF.  This will be the 1st time in 10 games this season that the Titans are a Dog...Titans are finally healthy getting Corey Davis back on offense and are starting to open up the offense.  Keep in mind the Titans could easily be 7-2 on the season if not for a Mariota missed game due to a Hamstring @ Dolphins where they lost a close game w/Matt Cassel as starting QB.

Titans like the Steelers have been playing down to their competition. They play a lot of close games and let teams hang around instead of putting them away.  If not for a dropped wide open TD by Richard Mathews and a fumble into the endzone by Corey Davis last week Titans win by 2-3 TD's easily in a blowout. 

Titans are a live dog tonight.  +7 is a gift in what should be a close game. 
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2004
Posts: 10648
#2 Report User
Posted:

Titans barely beat Cleveland on the road 9-6 in OT and were less than a minute away from losing last week to a horrible Cincinnati team so they could easily be 4-5. Short week in a very hostile environment is anything but a gift.


 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2013
Posts: 21777
#3 Report User
Posted:

Titans are kind of like the Raiders of last year. they are lucky to be 6-3 but they should be 4-5
 
MVP
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2013
Posts: 17046
#4 Report User
Posted:

I like it. 
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2006
Posts: 5938
#5 Report User
Posted:

Historically 


Titans struggle against Cleveland 


FYI
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Sep, 2013
Posts: 2819
#6 Report User
Posted:

If you asked me what is more likely - Ptt winning by double digits or Titans winning. My reaction - both possible but Titans winning more likely... Line should be 5 eh... I have Titans on Tease with the over in Caroline game and will just sit on the sidelines with +14... 

But why play ML just because they are a live dog... why not take +7 with your high conviction of cashing what you call "a gift" then bet Titans ML with something high conviction such as Chiefs ML, or Dubs ML, or one of the champions league favorites ML and juice your upside returns on a small bet?
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2014
Posts: 12626
#7 Report User
Posted:

[Quote: Originally Posted by thehuntman]

Titans barely beat Cleveland on the road 9-6 in OT and were less than a minute away from losing last week to a horrible Cincinnati team so they could easily be 4-5. Short week in a very hostile environment is anything but a gift.

 So it’s ok for Pitt to beat Cleveland 21-18 but not ok for the Titans...

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2006
Posts: 6460
#8 Report User
Posted:

Amazing these are the only 2 teams failing to cover ats all other browns losses were ats losses as well
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2014
Posts: 12626
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by thehuntman:

Titans barely beat Cleveland on the road 9-6 in OT and were less than a minute away from losing last week to a horrible Cincinnati team so they could easily be 4-5. Short week in a very hostile environment is anything but a gift.




If you read my post...The titans like to keep teams around in games and win close games instead of putting them away....Titans dominated the Bengal outgaining them 416 to 308 in Total Yards...It looks like a close score wise game but Titans left 2 TD's off the board in what should have been an easy win...They were not even close to losing...They drive down the field and scored a TD and were in FG range within 2 minutes of tying the game.

Now Pitt on the the other hand should have lost to Indy last week if you want to talk about easily being 4-5... Down 8 point in the 4th quarter...they should have lost to the Brows and Lions as well.  Lions outgunned them by 100+ yards and had the ball inside the 10 yard line 5 times and could not score a TD...Pitt is more overrated than the Titans IMO.


 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2004
Posts: 10648
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by davemsh:

Quote Originally Posted by thehuntman:

Titans barely beat Cleveland on the road 9-6 in OT and were less than a minute away from losing last week to a horrible Cincinnati team so they could easily be 4-5. Short week in a very hostile environment is anything but a gift.

 So it’s ok for Pitt to beat Cleveland 21-18 but not ok for the Titans...

Your the one that said Titans should be 7-2 and that they are a gift tonight.


 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2004
Posts: 10648
#11 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by davemsh:



If you read my post...The titans like to keep teams around in games and win close games instead of putting them away....Titans dominated the Bengal outgaining them 416 to 308 in Total Yards...It looks like a close score wise game but Titans left 2 TD's off the board in what should have been an easy win...They were not even close to losing...They drive down the field and scored a TD and were in FG range within 2 minutes of tying the game.

Now Pitt on the the other hand should have lost to Indy last week if you want to talk about easily being 4-5... Down 8 point in the 4th quarter...they should have lost to the Brows and Lions as well.  Lions outgunned them by 100+ yards and had the ball inside the 10 yard line 5 times and could not score a TD...Pitt is more overrated than the Titans IMO.


Pittsburgh always plays down to their level of completion. No way should this line be 7 tonight with the way they played last week. The line alone is telling me who to play tonight. I say Steelers by minimum 10 and doubt if Mariota makes through the game. He is still banged up.

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2014
Posts: 12626
#12 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by thehuntman:

Your the one that said Titans should be 7-2 and that they are a gift tonight.



Yes if Mariota played vs the Dolphins.. he was injured and did not play that game.  
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2004
Posts: 10648
#13 Report User
Posted:

So much for the Titans being a gift.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2017
Posts: 3043
#14 Report User
Posted:

there are no gifts in the nfl....wait the eagles -3 over the cowboys . it's a gift right?
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2017
Posts: 5878
#15 Report User
Posted:

yeah how did that go for ya ........... dont you look at teams stats as in yards offense defence rankings etc

this was mismatch in heaven

NOW titans are really minus points negative 31 points

unfortunaqtely rest of thier low ranked SOS is full of cupcakes indy houston @ cardinals @ SF then get wiped out at home finals by rams and jaguars
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2008
Posts: 8349
#16 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

yeah how did that go for ya ........... dont you look at teams stats as in yards offense defence rankings etc

this was mismatch in heaven

NOW titans are really minus points negative 31 points

unfortunaqtely rest of thier low ranked SOS is full of cupcakes indy houston @ cardinals @ SF then get wiped out at home finals by rams and jaguars

what are some mind of "i told you so" fool? get a grip buddy.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View