Saint won back to back weeks

First << 1 of 4 >> Last
Views: 6676

All-Star
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Winning by 20 or more then their opponent and holding their opponents to 10 or less.. 

BAD SPOT NEXT WEEK... BAD BAD BAD 

Captain
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Saints at home next week versus Redskins.

This game's definitely on my radar.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Mr. Bator Rule?  

Veteran
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

redskins lost today could have been a setup for next week.....

Depends on the line if I want to go big on redskins....

Line should be atleast -7, -8 saints but if the line is -5 and below then that should tell you

All-Star
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Line will be like10+

Veteran
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

its -7.5

All-Star
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Wow that is suspect...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Line will be 8-9.5 by game time. 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

BATORS RULE FIRST OF THE SEASON 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

And the Redskins could get a LOT of players back from injury.

What's funny is that the Saints have been winning lately with Drew Brees doing next to nothing. Today 184 yds, no TD's and they won 47-10??? 

Gotta respect the Bator rule, also gotta respect a team on a heater. 7 in a row.

Good Luck

All-Star
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

The only problem I have is that saints are on a mission and the line is identical to when they played and beat Seattle... 

MAYBE SAINTS ARE “THAT TEAM” this year like Atlanta was last year bucking all trends week after week... saints all ready bucked the 40+ points in a game trend...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

I agree. That's a bad spot. Especially since skins are in dire need for a win to keep playoff hopes alive. However, I won't be surprised to see Skins as a public dog. I don't think that line goes to -8. I see it dropping to -7. We shall see. Saints lost to Redskins past 2 meets. But def take points with the skins. Saints can't keep winning vs spread. Though they count vs CHI as a loss ATS some places.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Saints are a great team this yr and their D is for real. This isn't a mediocre NFC team. Top teams are Saints, Minny, Rams and Eagles.  Rams haven't played anyone worth a damn though public perception is they're amazing, and Redskins win or lose Sunday are still a crap team. Eagles D isn't as good as Saints nor is the Rams. Vikings won vs Saints wk 1 but if they played again? They'd be playing a VERY diff team....

Legend
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Top teams are Saints, Minny, Rams and Eagle

Saints, Rams and Eagles had been printing money as "pleaser" parlay plays. they are just destroying their opponents. anyone betting against them is just burning their money

All-Star
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

I don’t disagree at all... I have saints over 8.5 wins large and Divison conference and Bowl so I’m not exactly racing to bet against them, but I didnotice this stat present itself so I figured I would mention it...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Line opened at 7.5. That invites taking the points...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Wow, would like to be in your shoes bpickin with those future plays.

As far as your assertion goes of taking a team that has scored at least 40 points their last two games and having allowed <=10 points their last two.....

only 4 times has it happened in my database,...teams in that situation went 1-3 ATS and 2-2 SU, though the one instance of a team playing at home won their game 51-24, all the other games were played on the road.

If I drop the requirement to >= 37 points scored and <=14 points allowed two straight games and now playing at home, the record was 3-3 ATS and 5-1 straight up....two games the home team won by at least 14 points but didn't cover as 15.5 and 19.5 point favorites.  Pretty small sample size.

I have a very good query that I am not sharing that indicates a play on the Redskins this week against the Saints.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

If our requirement is that a team has had a winning margin two straight and allows <=10 points  in those two games, the ATS record has been....

12-22 against the spread, 21-13 straight up, so it looks promising....the only month it was a loser was December at 8-7, the other months were 4-15 combined.

If the public is not on the Redskins I'll be on them Sunday.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

"winning margin two straight games of >=20 points"

Veteran
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Saints been flying under the radar atleast for me lately they are a machine that's def clicking.      And lattimore is a beast by far rookie of the year thus far in my eyes.    He has locked Down his side all season.        Kids on his way to greatness best CB I've seen in many years along with Ramsey     

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Who ever above said the public might be on the Redskins....is out of their mind.

Imo, with all due respect.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by bpickin:

Winning by 20 or more then their opponent and holding their opponents to 10 or less.. 

BAD SPOT NEXT WEEK... BAD BAD BAD 

Didn't you (or someone else) say the same thing about the Rams coming into this week? 

And then the Rams won 33-7 yesterday anyway. 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

And the Redskins could get a LOT of players back from injury.

What's funny is that the Saints have been winning lately with Drew Brees doing next to nothing. Today 184 yds, no TD's and they won 47-10??? 

Gotta respect the Bator rule, also gotta respect a team on a heater. 7 in a row.

Good Luck

He's doing next to nothing because he doesn't need to. The play calling is on the plus side for runs. When you cap this game, don't kid yourself that Drew Brees isn't still Drew Brees. 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

^

I didn't accuse Brees of not being the QB he is.

Read again

Prospect
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Might as well take the Skins now. It's 7.5... 8,8.5,9 points don't matter to the 7.5. They either cover. Or they don't. And since about 83% of the time teams win outright and spread doesn't come into play? Hit ML while you're at it. I'm a Saints fan. But I have a feeling they may lose this game. 

I prefer them to lose this game. Why? Because the skins are a very crappy team. They may hang with opponents, but they're not above avg. then Saints can go LA and show joe public how to put a butt whipping on the Rams. And begin a semi streak again. 

Saints are the most complete team in the NFL on BOTH sides of the ball. When you can run 6TDs with a HOF QB at the helm and don't need to pass? You're not playing a pass happy offense. You're playing well-oiled machine. 

I think Saints win SU vs skins but regardless I'd Skins +points. It's perfect spot to take them 
First << 1 of 4 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View