Clemson Louisville....and a few thoughts

First << 1 of 5 >> Last
Views: 9130

MVP
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Let's talk about the state of college football for a second before we dive into this game.

Before the season started and last year I kept telling you guys that Alabama and Clemson rules this world we know as college football. Nothing has changed people.....nothing. I actually read ( and I won't mention names ) in this forum where Clemson wasn't a top 10 team to them. I've read where a ton in here kept with this nonsense approach of Clemson lost this player or that player...Blah blah blah... they're a 8-4 team....and honestly, as Eminem once said...... " pay attention meathead, you're saying the same sh!t that he said "....  It's like the fake news and CNN... all you have to do is say it....doesn't matter if its true or a not.... just say it and it becomes true to the sheep.

Over the last SEVERAL years Clemson just wins big game after big and It's this same old narrative every time to why it wasn't really them.... it was about what the other team didn't do. Go look at their resume since 2011... Go look, I encourage you. It is hands down THE most if not of the top 2 or 3  best resumes in the country in terms of winning football games.

All summer long all we heard was how Stidham was going to light the college football world up ( and he will, cause he's a great QB....and will absolutely challenge Alabama to win the west ).... But since they got smashed by Clemson, it's not about Clemson....The narrative is about, well, Auburn isn't that good.... lord knows it can't be Clemson being that good. Here is a news flash guys... Auburn is good football team.... VERY good... But guess what??? Clemson is just better, nothing wrong with that....it is what it is. No shame there.

I got news for the majority of you who simply just don't get it.... Clemson and Alabama are =..... They just reload. Dabo has built a MONSTER!!! Wake up!!!

Now to this week....

Would it surprise me if Clemson actually lost this week???? Here's a shock.....

NO it wouldn't.

Clemson is walking into a hornets nest this weekend.

Yes....top to bottom you can't compare the 2 programs in Louisville and Clemson... Clemson is hands down leaps and bounds ahead of them. But in this game all it takes is 1 great player.... that's all it takes.

Lamar is the kind of pure, God given talented individual that can wreck a great defense. He has that ability.... In the game of college football more than any other sport the QB has the potential to take over a game.... He can do it. He has that " it " factor to be able to lift the players around him to level they didn't know they had.

Where Louisville can win the game....  They can win this game if the play breaks down. I think if Lamar tries to run the offense, Clemson will beat and batter him. But he's most dangerous when the play breaks down.... If he goes through his first and second read and doesn't throw it..... that's where he can win the Heisman Trophy. Trust me..... there isn't one player in college football nor the NFL that can tackle him in the open field...It's simply not gonna happen.

So Clemson will try to pressure him all night long... If you play zone or cover 4 types of defenses...he will KILL YOU. You can't wait on a player like that...you must attack him! Cover 2, 3 or 4 in a zone WILL NOT work.

I think Kelly Bryant and the running attack will have a huge day. This might be his " coming out party ".... He along with the skill talent on offense is really good... Keep a eye out for a big day on the ground from this group.... Keep the ball away from Lamar

So in short..... I think Louisville can win this game. I still think Clemson will win it, but I can't sit here and guarantee they will.... Going on the road at night for gameday is difficult. 

But would losing this game change anything? Nope.... Clemson is still a monster so get used to it.

GL Boys

All-Star
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Jackson has been their entire team these first 2 games and essentially escaped with victories over Purdue and the Heels......2 teams that don't even come close to Clemson and we only have to cover -3?  Give me that all day long.  

Veteran
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Even Gus Malzan admitted that the Auburn offense is horrible and needs to make changes. It is obvious that Stidham is not a capable QB. I will give credit to the Clemson D, they are top 5 in the nation and yes they will give Lamar fits at times. But your defense can only do so much to keep you in a game when your offense stays behind the chains and you lose the field position battle.

Bryant had plenty of opportunities... he went 19/29 for over 200 and two tds on the ground. Not bad, but I was more impressed by Watson last season in that game. Does Louisville have the defense that can limit him? We will see...

I like Lamar getting revenge.. I took the bet only because they are at home.

I see this being their first of three loses... the others being to FSU and South Carolina.. and maybe NC state.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Tappy:

Even Gus Malzan admitted that the Auburn offense is horrible and needs to make changes. It is obvious that Stidham is not a capable QB. I will give credit to the Clemson D, they are top 5 in the nation and yes they will give Lamar fits at times. But your defense can only do so much to keep you in a game when your offense stays behind the chains and you lose the field position battle.

Bryant had plenty of opportunities... he went 19/29 for over 200 and two tds on the ground. Not bad, but I was more impressed by Watson last season in that game. Does Louisville have the defense that can limit him? We will see...

I see this being their first of three loses... the others being to FSU and South Carolina.. and maybe NC state.

Well according to you Clemson is the 37th ranked team in the country  so we will take your very subjective view and use it as toilet paper. I actually have vile covering 3.5 or winning but your perspective on anything Bama or Clemson is about as useful as 3-D glasses for Stevie wonder...:

Veteran
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by mbiddy:

Well according to you Clemson is the 37th ranked team in the country  so we will take your very subjective view and use it as toilet paper. I actually have vile covering 3.5 or winning but your perspective on anything Bama or Clemson is about as useful as 3-D glasses for Stevie wonder...:

Hang on... Let me see how many people I give about your opinion? Yeah, none... Now let me see if that is going to stop me from posting my opinion, which many cappers on here respect. Yeah, nope,,, Have a nice day

Veteran
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

3 loses lol? loose it up man, sounds pretty hateful toward the tigers, i wouldn't be surprised if kentucky walks out Columbia with an (upset) on their backs.

BAMA is a great team year after year, i have to admit it but to be the greatest they need a qualify competitors which i don't see any other than Clemson Tigers.

Captain
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Boom 

stack bills pal 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Ken11:

3 loses lol? loose it up man, sounds pretty hateful toward the tigers, i wouldn't be surprised if kentucky walks out Columbia with an (upset) on their backs.

BAMA is a great team year after year, i have to admit it but to be the greatest they need a qualify competitors which i don't see any other than Clemson Tigers.

Why would I hate them? They beat us once... And we beat them the year before, and we are the best team in the nation right now going back to the playoffs from what I see after some tough wins. 

I put money on Louisville, so I am basing my\opinion of Clemson on what I have seen, and to me Louisville looks better. 

And yes, from what I have seen FSU is playing really well, NC state who almost beat Clemson last season is playing well, and South Carolina beat them, and South Carolina is the favorite to win the East right now, You could make an argument for Georgia. 

MVP
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

I know I really shouldn't even respond to this.....Lord knows I don't need to...

But im gonna slow this down and explain it to you the best I know how....

1. Clemson is not a top 5 defense... They're #1. I told someone in here before the season...maybe doubleup4life... that clemson would have not only the best DL in the country.... maybe the best we've seen in the modern area of college football...

2. Stidham is and WILL be a 1st round draft pick when he decides to come out... He is very talented and can make any throw on the field.

3. South Carolina couldn't beat Clemson if we let them play with 14 guys on offense and defense... So stop it with that nonsense.

Look...I know you're salty about Clemson.... I remember reading your crazy Alabama thoughts the last 2 years when we played for the National Championship.... You're upset Clemson carved that defense up 2 years in a row... I get that.

But stop it already..

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Boom Im glad you shared your thoughts on this... I appreciate you bro.... I would just like to make a small counterpoint.....
You said "go back to 2011 and look".....
well lets do that....
2011.... Clemson is 8-0 and getting much love as a BCS contender.... Road trip to Georgia tech ended that dream
2012..... Clemson loses 3rd game of season on the road at Florida State. They proceed to dominate the rest of their schedule to reach #11 and re-enter the bcs convo and have to visit South Carolina.... They lose on the road and again their BCS dreams die...
2013.... 6-0.... another Florida st loss this time at home. Another run of wins and another loss at south carolina.....
2014 is Watsons first year.... we know how the rest of the story goes....

Its important to note that these Clemson teams were all highly recruited, highly ranked, and highly thought of.... yet Dabo lost to inferior teams each time... it wasnt until Watson came that Clemson truly got "over the hump"..... now watson is gone.

Clemson is very very good and should win this game vs Louisville but I dont have a short memory.... Until they can win a big game on the road WITHOUT Watson, Im not going to assume thier talent is enough for the victory...
I could be way off as Im just a degenerate gambler lol but I like the way this is setup forLouisvilleand im going Cards

Prospect
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Why would I hate them? They beat us once... And we beat them the year before, and we are the best team in the nation right now going back to the playoffs from what I see after some tough wins. 

I put money on Louisville, so I am basing my\opinion of Clemson on what I have seen, and to me Louisville looks better. 

And yes, from what I have seen FSU is playing really well, NC state who almost beat Clemson last season is playing well, and South Carolina beat them, and South Carolina is the favorite to win the East right now, You could make an argument for Georgia. 

You lost me?   Do you understand Clemson reloaded at every position and has arguably the best coach in the country?  The teams you mentioned have coaches that have proved nothing.  FSU is not elite anymore, top 15 sure but there is a huge difference between #15 and the top 3 in the country.   NC State, average team at best, Clemson lost focus last year.   S. Carolina...please, not going to happen.    And Georgia, they under achieve every year.     

You can totally see that your opinion is jaded.    Either u are a Boom hater or can't stomach that Clemson beat bama last year.   

Get over both deals and focus on the good information spread across the forum.   

Prospect
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

If you really think usuc  is going to beat Clemson you are more full of #### than it appears. Bentley will get his head handed to him just like he did last year. Maybe he will hang around for the third quarter this year instead of quitting at halftime. Watching that imposing usuc offensive line trying to block Clemson's front four will be just like last year,even worse than Auburn.

Legend
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

Thoughts on the U58? Probably leave it alone, I just dont see either team having a monster game on O.....

Boom 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Granted... Louisville may not be great... but niether was Georgia tech or South Carolina... Dont really know how this Bryant kid will react under the lights on the road.... I trust Lamar Jackson more

Veteran
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

I know I really shouldn't even respond to this.....Lord knows I don't need to...

But im gonna slow this down and explain it to you the best I know how....

1. Clemson is not a top 5 defense... They're #1. I told someone in here before the season...maybe doubleup4life... that clemson would have not only the best DL in the country.... maybe the best we've seen in the modern area of college football...

2. Stidham is and WILL be a 1st round draft pick when he decides to come out... He is very talented and can make any throw on the field.

3. South Carolina couldn't beat Clemson if we let them play with 14 guys on offense and defense... So stop it with that nonsense.

Look...I know you're salty about Clemson.... I remember reading your crazy Alabama thoughts the last 2 years when we played for the National Championship.... You're upset Clemson carved that defense up 2 years in a row... I get that.

But stop it already..

I want to be clear on this... Are you saying the Clemson defense this season is better than the one last season? Because  last season FSU put up 449 yards on Clemson. They put up 250 on Bama. 

You are quite wrong... Alabama has the best defense in the nation, and that is obvious. FSU scores 7 points on us, 7,, 

Oh yeah, I would hope Clemson's defense would look good this season? They played a high school team and a team with probably the second worst offense in the SEC and still barely won.  

Legend
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

I want to be clear on this... Are you saying the Clemson defense this season is better than the one last season? Because  last season FSU put up 449 yards on Clemson. They put up 250 on Bama. 

You are quite wrong... Alabama has the best defense in the nation, and that is obvious. FSU scores 7 points on us, 7,, 

Oh yeah, I would hope Clemson's defense would look good this season? They played a high school team and a team with probably the second worst offense in the SEC and still barely won.  
Do you make the Bama players take off their jock straps before you ride their nuts?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Panthaduke:

You lost me?   Do you understand Clemson reloaded at every position and has arguably the best coach in the country?  The teams you mentioned have coaches that have proved nothing.  FSU is not elite anymore, top 15 sure but there is a huge difference between #15 and the top 3 in the country.   NC State, average team at best, Clemson lost focus last year.   S. Carolina...please, not going to happen.    And Georgia, they under achieve every year.     

You can totally see that your opinion is jaded.    Either u are a Boom hater or can't stomach that Clemson beat bama last year.   

Get over both deals and focus on the good information spread across the forum.   

You lost me when you said arguably the best coach.... Everyone who watches college football, knows that Nick Saban is the undisputed best coach in College Football and one of the best in history. 

I am sure you think that about FSU and NC State and SC, because I said they are good, but trust me you will see. 

It is simple, if you disagree with my assessment, fade me...

I bet Louisville +3, and South Carolina -5, 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Do you make the Bama players take off their jock straps before you ride their nuts?

Mature... You must be a big hit among the adults... Crowd favorite 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

Best game of the week in my opinion.....
It deserves the debate lol

MVP
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by GENERALWIZDOM:

Boom Im glad you shared your thoughts on this... I appreciate you bro.... I would just like to make a small counterpoint.....
You said "go back to 2011 and look".....
well lets do that....
2011.... Clemson is 8-0 and getting much love as a BCS contender.... Road trip to Georgia tech ended that dream
2012..... Clemson loses 3rd game of season on the road at Florida State. They proceed to dominate the rest of their schedule to reach #11 and re-enter the bcs convo and have to visit South Carolina.... They lose on the road and again their BCS dreams die...
2013.... 6-0.... another Florida st loss this time at home. Another run of wins and another loss at south carolina.....
2014 is Watsons first year.... we know how the rest of the story goes....

Its important to note that these Clemson teams were all highly recruited, highly ranked, and highly thought of.... yet Dabo lost to inferior teams each time... it wasnt until Watson came that Clemson truly got "over the hump"..... now watson is gone.

Clemson is very very good and should win this game vs Louisville but I dont have a short memory.... Until they can win a big game on the road WITHOUT Watson, Im not going to assume thier talent is enough for the victory...
I could be way off as Im just a degenerate gambler lol but I like the way this is setup forLouisvilleand im going Cards

You absolutely couldn't be more wrong...

Dabo has been brilliant....

fun facts...since the start of the 2011 season

Clemson is 72-13..... WOW... that's amazing. Multiple BCS wins, multiple ACC titles, 2 national title appearances...won 1, could have won BOTH.

Clemson and Alabama are the only teams in that stretch to win 10 or games 6 straight seasons...

For goodness sakes man.... Clemson beat Oklahoma 40-6 with Cole Stoudt at  QB

Prospect
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

[Quote: Originally Posted by Tappy]

You lost me when you said arguably the best coach.... Everyone who watches college football, knows that Nick Saban is the undisputed best coach in College Football and one of the best in history. 

I am sure you think that about FSU and NC State and SC, because I said they are good, but trust me you will see. 

It is simple, if you disagree with my assessment, fade me...

I bet Louisville +3, and South Carolina -5, 

Arguably means debatable, it is debatable that dabo is one of the best coaches in the country.....now you are not lost.

i did fade you on Louisville, will get back to you on SC if it makes sense to fade you, i just might.

MVP
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Last time I address you.... you are a diehard SEC fan and talking with you is like beating your head on the wall.

Yes this Clemson defense is better than last year...

But you're referencing stats from last year and comparing them to this year which makes no sense... and Clemson played them IN Tally....

Remember that time when every SEC fan and Alabama nut job said that last years Alabama defense was the greatest of ALL TIME???? remember that team?? The team ESPN said was the greatest ever...... unstoppable defense.

Clemson shredded it AGAIN

Wake up

Veteran
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

touché sir.... my counterpoint was counter-pointed lol

im simply trying to state that big expectations have a history of letdown at Clemson.... no matter the talent.... it wasnt until Watson showed up that they started fulfilling their potential... and I havent seen this Bryant kid tested on the road so im takin the Cards. BOL to you sir

Veteran
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

Louisville 37
Clemson 35

It has been written.

The best athlete in ALL of College Football gets his signature win!

Its all good BOOM!
To quote one of my favorite movies:

"It was a good death"

No shame -they will bounce back and still be there at the end!! 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Last time I address you.... you are a diehard SEC fan and talking with you is like beating your head on the wall.

Yes this Clemson defense is better than last year...

But you're referencing stats from last year and comparing them to this year which makes no sense... and Clemson played them IN Tally....

Remember that time when every SEC fan and Alabama nut job said that last years Alabama defense was the greatest of ALL TIME???? remember that team?? The team ESPN said was the greatest ever...... unstoppable defense.

Clemson shredded it AGAIN

Wake up

Ok, I will come back to this post WHEN Louisville shreds that "defense" lol.. It is going to be glorious and I will cash out huge 
First << 1 of 5 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View