Seahawks overrated?

Views: 1131

Prospect
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

Seahawks have been an average team who barley makes the playoffs and plays in a weak division, has underperformed on the road since they lost to the Patriots in 2014 and lost Marshawn Lynch(haven't been quite the same since). Any coaching changes or player additions to make me think otherwise??? Absolutely not.

-Offensive line is still one of the worst in the league
-Eddie Lacey isn't a good RB, only started on GB because they have a weak Stable
-Legion of whom? No this is not the same defense as 2012-2014, still very good but not to the point where they carry the team. They don't put fear in offenses like they used to.

Take GREENBAY -3. GB very good at home, and Seahawks perform poorly in GB and especially on the road in general. Rodgers is the worst possible matchup for this defense when they have to go on the road.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

It is tempting to bet against them on road games, keep in mind though that Green Bay often start season off slow and that defense work together better earlier in the season than offense.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

1st unit looks outstanding
Lacey with the weight loss looks great
Wilson looks sharp throwing the ball
and the defense is hitting like their lives depend on it.

I do not see anything over rated and I certainly do not see a any team in this division over taking them

They are dangerous and this team could be making a last stand the way this roster is constructed.

I think they are dangerous

All-Star
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Bet_The_House:

It is tempting to bet against them on road games, keep in mind though that Green Bay often start season off slow and that defense work together better earlier in the season than offense.

Rodgers is 7-1 in home openers ...winning 4 straight 

Rookie
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

There are better games to play than this game.

Great matchup though for week 1...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy101:

... -Legion of whom?

Gotta love it. ... "Legion of Whom?"

Plus you have to keep in mind that GB is winning SU at home 76% of the time with an average margin of +9.5 ppg. While SEA is winning on the road only 54% of the time with a MOV of 4 ppg. That net of 5.5 pts is obviously a cover for the current -3 line. 

Also, GB gives up fewer sacks as well as gets more sacks than SEA does. The Packers also run/ pass the ball better. They are better on 3rd down, both on OFF & DEF. They are also better at minimizing INT's on OFF and they get more on DEF. 

Check the stats for the past 5 years and you will see what I am talking about.

Even though this game is not in my top 5 its still a good pick.
Take it! GB -3 at home is a gift.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

Not to mention:

Home team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings.
Seahawks are 2-6-2 ATS in their last 10 meetings.
Seahawks are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings in Green Bay.
SEA 0-4 before SF

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

I read somewhere that Seattle will travel around 24,000 miles this year, and Green Bay will travel only 7 thousand.

This won't help no one in week 1

Take Rodgers and his molester moustache over Wilson and his boy touching smile.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by erratic:

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy101:

... -Legion of whom?
Gotta love it. ... "Legion of Whom?"Plus you have to keep in mind that GB is winning SU at home 76% of the time with an average margin of +9.5 ppg. While SEA is winning on the road only 54% of the time with a MOV of 4 ppg. That net of 5.5 pts is obviously a cover for the current -3 line. Also, GB gives up fewer sacks as well as gets more sacks than SEA does. The Packers also run/ pass the ball better. They are better on 3rd down, both on OFF & DEF. They are also better at minimizing INT's on OFF and they get more on DEF. Check the stats for the past 5 years and you will see what I am talking about.Even though this game is not in my top 5 its still a good pick.Take it! GB -3 at home is a gift.

Love the feedback, very factual and you had a ton of statistics and reasoning. Great stuff sir

Veteran
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by LETGOPACK1234:

Rodgers is 7-1 in home openers ...winning 4 straight 

Sure but you are talking straight up not ATS. ATS last 3 years 1-2
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View