View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

Can't believe it. One of my favorite posters Summa just went tout....

Participants:
< Page of 2 > >>
Views: 3660
< Page of 2 > >>

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

His twitter feed 37 minutes ago:

Proud to announce that I am the new NFL partner of @Megalocks 

Check out the website:

suuma.megalocks.co

Well another one bites the dust....

Ah well. It always comes to this when they disappear.

I'll be here capping for free as always only on Covers.

Quote Post Report User

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

That was spellchecked from the phone.

The cappers name here was SUUMA

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

The sign was on the wall when he shared his real name on Twitter this year

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Suuma that traitor...

Thank you Scal for remaining loyal.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Going to mega locks spells disaster. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Who can blame him?
Our Philosophy on why to bet games never saw eye to eye but
He gave and Gave and Gave and Gave
and all he ever got back was bashing
He even got bashed when he had winning weeks lol

Naaaaaa
Ill be the first to say it
Good Luck Suuma 
May you get a thousand clients and have one great year after another for them

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

He's a winning capper who posts all his picks just like Megalocks so I don't see anything wrong

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

BOL SUUMA and if you are reading thing remember: you are not slimy for going tout - you are only slimy because you are a JETS fan.

But hey, we all have issues. BOL Brotha! 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Solid handicapper but never struck me as bring sharp. Wish him well but these things ussully don't go well. There are a few guys here who do quite well and aren't charging.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

I remember Summa, lived and died by DVOA. Good statistics to look at, but I always viewed St2ee and porcelain and few others as better cappers. He was average

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

I liked him, but he definitely wasn't as strong last year as he was in previous years.

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Looks like he's charging $160 for the season.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

I appreciated Suuma's long and detailed posts on so many games over the past few years. He was tireless and informative and put up with a lot of ugly cra* on the site. But I always told him he is better suited as a Sports Illustrated writer than a capper. In fact...his record was bad last year and not so good the year before but he did have a good year 3 years ago. So he was colorful for sure and I wish him well ... but one thing I have learned in developing the system is that reporters and pundits do horribly with capping. Logic is often a very poor basis for picks. You can know everything about an upcoming game and be dead wrong t0% of the time against a spread. The spread in fact is probably the wisest piece of info so if you think logic will beat that...or knowledge of multiple small trends ... you are miserably wrong. I rely on massive databases and relentless scientific inquiry with hundreds of hypothesis tests. At the end of the day I believe I get much more reliable predictive powers. But the?system is?still being tested. So stay tuned. It has to evolve over multiple years. Good luck Suuma....but please switch eventually to writing for some interesting magazine ... not as a capper.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

It should say "50 %" in my last post. When is some android going to be less prone to typos? My bad ... but geez....

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

let's break this down. $160 for the whole season seems like a pretty fair entry level price compared to what other touts charge, plus Suuma provides more comprehensive analysis than what other touts will i'm sure of it so you're getting his picks plus his statisical knowledge that is similar to Football Outsiders(which is where he gets alot of his info from) or Pro Football Focus for $40 so you're looking at $120 for his picks, and you're probably going to get at least over 100 picks from him this season so basically $10-15 a play. i see some value in his offer.

if that's the route he wants to take then so be it. there comes a greater responsibility and pressure when people are paying you to win but it seems like Suuma is ready for the challenge. I am not going to judge the direction he is taking. he was a class act on these boards and he was helpful when i asked him for his opinions so i can only wish him the best! 

GL SUUMA!! 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

I agree Digital . .. and again wish him well.  I just think his talents are better served on a major tv network or in some other journalistic capacity. Heck, even the best ex players and broadcasters are mediocre cappers.....and the level of investigational effort Suuma makes will likely make him more money talking about the unique players and set ups of the game than predicting the game. But he is free to follow his heart. I'm sure those who pay $160 Will acquire a nice but expensive new online magazine to help them enjoy the nuances of the game ... just don't think it will go beyond 52% success long term :-))

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

Tout is tout digital.

I can't believe guys here defend selling picks.

Can we be unified on a SINGLE issue?

If he wants to leave and run a business, fine.

But don't defend it like it's reasonable/honorable.

We are all here to share and share alike for FREE. That's the point of the board.

I like SUUMA but not I will not be spending a penny on his picks. I will be more than happy to tail if I like it if he posts freely again.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

What is unreasonable or dishonorable about selling picks? It's even legal..isnt it? If he can use his knowledge to help others make money, what is wrong with that? How is that any different from a financial advisor who tells people which stocks to buy? Or a realtor who makes home buying suggestions?

My only caution to him and others is that he has not developed enough of a proven track record to sell picks. He has developed a nice journalistic skill set. But advising on financial matters is much tougher than describing players and games in a colorful way.

But if a tout is good ... all power to him but I have only known of a couple on the planet who can consistently get a success rate over 53% with a large enough sample size. I think that is the problem with the profession .... that most fail at it. But doing it is every bit as honorable IMO as chasing ambulances as a plaintiff's lawyer or advising large corporations on how to make another billion.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Wow ... that is 39.9% over 10 years?  It's actually hard to be that bad. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but if a dog, baby or Alzheimer's patient did ATS betting over 10 years, we would expect a 50.0% success rate with a large enough sample size. 39.9%  takes some extra special effort! 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

Good point packers. I agree. On the other hand, aren't you amazed at a 39.9% record. That is just as hard to get as a 60.1% record in a coin flip (ats) scenario. I'm not sure how many total picks he made but I am guessing it is a very small number. If it were 500 to 800 picks over 10 years, I will go on record saying that is clearly impossible to do. You can't be that bad :-))) ... any more than you can be 60.1% over a large sample. I'm going to predict he only made 50 to 200 picks over those 10 years.  Then randomness could easily explain it. Once you get up around 500 picks, 99% of rappers will be between around 47% to 53%. 39.9% would be statistically impossible ... or less probable than winning Powerball we'll say :-))

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #22

Correction ... cappers  .. not rappers ... but a capper that bad is probably better off trying to be a rapper instead ... so I was right anyway! Lol

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

Quote Originally Posted by packersbackers:

These are his free capping results on covers:

41% in 2006
37% in 2007
40% in 2008
32% in 2009
44% in 2010
41% in 2011
38% in 2012
35% in 2013
37% in 2014

70% in 2015....Scal began to change up his strategy and started to focus more on -500 odds wagers which obviously helped with his winning %

62% in 2016...continued more with -500 type wagers to help keep his winning % up.

Numbers dont lie, all these figures are documented plays since he has been on covers.

Don't be fooled people, his writeups are indeed wonderful speeches, but so is a cute little piggie with lipstick...everyone on this entire site posts plays for free...its up to you to do your own research on who to follow or fade 

However...if you are into betting WWE wrestling or Hot Dog eating contests, Scalabrine is definitely the one to follow 

I, along with many others have been using covers for as long as he has, so we know the real truth about all his "claims".

Good luck Scal...i know you will be very active in your bread and butters....hope you can turn around your 2017 with the pigskin lipstick  ...i will be rooting 

And his source for this is:

A copy and paste from the one poster who has hated me because I've continually embarrassed him for 11 years.

It's funny. I never even kept a record here until recently but somehow these percentages magically appeared and lo and behold are all UNDER 50%. Whodathunkit!

This is the Trump voter in a nutshell. They'll believe anything! Lol.

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

@footbalsmart - seriously have some self-respect. Believing anything that is presented to you. Grow up.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #25

Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

And his source for this is:

A copy and paste from the one poster who has hated me because I've continually embarrassed him for 11 years.

It's funny. I never even kept a record here until recently but somehow these percentages magically appeared and lo and behold are all UNDER 50%. Whodathunkit!

This is the Trump voter in a nutshell. They'll believe anything! Lol.

Well said.
< Page of 2 > >>
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View