View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

Analyze this hand and tell me that I just shoulda pushed on the flop

Participants:
Views: 1023

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

$1/$2 NL 

I have about $120 in front of me.  UTG I get J,10 off (neither a diamond), I BET $12 with three callers.  

Flop comes 4d Jd 8d

I bet $35

1 call, both others good

Turn: 2c

I bet $35 again.  

I am guessing here is where I should have pushed.  But he was playing about $200 so I don't really know if he would have folded or not. 

River: 5d

I check, he goes all-in, I call for the $18 I have in front of me.  He turns over Qd, As.

How would you have played it differently?

Quote Post Report User

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

You fold JTo UTG?

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Fold pre flop UTG,  if too stubborn to fold there you should have realized that you may actually be drawing dead on the flushed flop and check fold flop.  You shove on turn you are likely to only get called by stronger hand so no value.  These hands get people in trouble.  Only play the strongest hands UTG and you can loosen up hand selection as you get closer to button.  

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

not sure why the call at the end... seeing four diamonds no your beat would of folded knowing he was chasing a diamond draw at least one had a diamond.... save some of  roll i guess hate giving money away.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by CincyWillie:

You fold JTo UTG?

Yes, JT off is garbage in early position, but JT suited is a much better drawing hand, and one with which you want to see cheap flops.

However, since you played it, your flop bet was not that bad.  But once you were heads-up, and based on your chip count, you should have either checked the turn, or gone all in.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by CincyWillie:

$1/$2 NL I have about $120 in front of me.  UTG I get J,10 off (neither a diamond), I BET $12 with three callers.  Flop comes 4d Jd 8dI bet $351 call, both others goodTurn: 2cI bet $35 again.  I am guessing here is where I should have pushed.  But he was playing about $200 so I don't really know if he would have folded or not. River: 5dI check, he goes all-in, I call for the $18 I have in front of me.  He turns over Qd, As.How would you have played it differently?

Insta fold UTG with j10 off

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View