LV local swimming hole.....tip for the day

Participants:
Views: 2719

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

During the summer months LV temperature soars to an average of 102° at night it cools to 95°

want some relief? Take 95 south, to county road 165 (Nelson NV) turn left, drive 10 miles to the end of the road where you'll come to the Colorado river, and the ole Las Vegas "swimming hole"  there you'll find cliff diving from 20ft up to 100ft, crystal clear water, many unique picnic spots, the desert, the mountains, pan for gold, boating, and fishing (if desired, you can rent a speed boat or get lodging at Searchlight, Cottoncove Marina, Lake Mohave, all this is located aprx 45min from the strip, in an unrestricted recreation area, free of charge...a well kept secret amongst locals, 'very private' have fun

Quote Post Report User

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Is there an address I can punch in my navigation ?

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

No address, just directions, punch in Nelson, Nevada (it's about 5 mi S. of the Hoover dam, off  highway 95, you'll see the signs)

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Thx for sharing this great tip...gonna check it out next month 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

No address, just directions, punch in Nelson, Nevada (it's about 5 mi S. of the Hoover dam, off  highway 95, you'll see the signs)

I've kayaked from hoover dam to willow beach a few times which is about a ten mile trip and never recall seeing anyone on foot, only boat/kayakers.
Took a look at a map, it looks about 20 miles south of hoover dam. Next time out i'll take the ride. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Good stuff

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Do you need a boat to fish? would like to take the kiddos fishing but have not found a good spot to fish in vegas

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

No boat needed, the bank is fine, many, many spots, go down stream to Searchlight, great fishing... also check out Lake Meade's north rim....good fishing from the bank..

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Thank you.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Since this is 1st up FINALLY, I enjoyed this tip last Labor  day..

Nice round trip outside of Boulder City   Go SOUTH via Nelson..just go all the way down to River and take dirt road to the far right,...

Chill out in water or hike up unto cliff and hop/jump off where most comfortable.. Went off top..at least 60 feet..twice.. ..Drunk baby bro did it with bottle in hand..

Definitely worth checking out...thanx SN..

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

I need some relief! 110° in the shade today, Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Any locals around? let's meet up, I 'll be their ALL day long, come by, say hello, and grab a 'cold' one..

refresh yourself in the cold Colorado River/Nelson NV

Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View