Participation Meter
#26 Report User
Posted:

Thanks guys.  Lets have a great season!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#27 Report User
Posted:

Holmey nice to see you still around.  Go back to the CBS lock tread days.  Will be looking forward to your plays.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#28 Report User
Posted:

Loved the thread last year, helped me out a ton..

Rookie
Participation Meter
#29 Report User
Posted:

Good to see a bunch of old names back around!  I'm pretty busy for the next few weeks, but I like to watch a couple week of league play before I get going anyway.

Find you area of expertise and watch every game you can for the next few weeks and then let's get back together and start cashing in those LOCKS!

GL all.......

Rookie
Participation Meter
#30 Report User
Posted:

Oops!  I mean "cashing in those $$$$'s"  not "LOCKS"!  Sorry!

Rookie
Participation Meter
#31 Report User
Posted:

How's it going over here on Covers, guys?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#32 Report User
Posted:

This is gonna be fun!!  Time to Rock the Casbah!!

Rookie
Participation Meter
#33 Report User
Posted:

Hey Homey who were the top three pickers last year.We have had a few very good ones on here this year. But you know people run  them off. Do you know where there is a good site where good pickers go?

Prospect
Participation Meter
#34 Report User
Posted:

Let's get this thread going!  By far the best thread on covers.  Let's help make each other some money again!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#35 Report User
Posted:

Pick: Notre Dame -7.5 vs Syracuse 12:00

Notre Dame is coming off a tough loss to an excellent Florida State team and returns home to face Syracuse.

Syracuse is 0-6 in Neutral/road games on the road and its vaunted zone defense has been shredded by BC, VT & UNC in road conference games. In 211 possessions have let up 264 points 1.25 ppp. 

Notre Dame is 11-0 at home and has been under 75 points at home only once, and has the 8th best offense in the country. School is back in session so the crowd should be hopping and with the early start I expect Notre Dame to win comfortably. This Notre Dame team plays a bit better D than Brey teams from the past and should be able to easily handle a inconsistent Syracuse team that struggles badly on the road

Veteran
Participation Meter
#36 Report User
Posted:

Be careful. ND struggles against long, athletic teams. Historically, this has been a tough match-up for Brey to overcome. Also, ND is coming off a tough road trip and might be a little flat. Give me Cuse first half.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#37 Report User
Posted:

Billy,
You are right on about the history between these two teams but from what I have seen this is not your typical Syracuse team. They have struggled to defend, especially on road.
Also, I look at ND being up going home instead of flat.
GL on your first half 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#38 Report User
Posted:

Holmey

When this thread gonna get going could use your PAC 12 expertise.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#39 Report User
Posted:

Thanks man, but to be honest, I can't pick a GD game right at this point.  No way I am coming over here and posting losers.  I'll need to get my picks going before I get it started, I think.  Thanks, though.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#40 Report User
Posted:

Two for Tuesday
Picks:
Northwestern -5.5 vs Illinois
This is the year NW makes the Big Dance for the first time in their history.They have been off for a week after being blown out by Purdue and now welcome Illinois to Evanston. Illinois has won exactly zero road games and have lost 6 of 7 after some nice wins in the pre-conference season. NW is 12-1 at home and playing fantastic Defense and should swallow up a weak Illini offense. I expext a 12- 15 point win as they move to 8-3 in conference as they prep for showdowns vs Wisconsin and Maryland

Syracuse +4 @ Clemson
The Cuse has turned their season around and enter tonight on a 4 game win streak that includes victories over Virginia and Florida State. Clemson is 3-7 in the league and in danger of dropping out of tourney convention. Be aware that Syracuse has had its share of troubles on the road but Boehiem teams seem to improve as the year goes on and this team seems to be following that pattern. Clemson's only 2 2017 wins re against league bottom feeder Pitt and vs G Tech last week.  

Prospect
Participation Meter
#41 Report User
Posted:

Been wondering where this thread was. Ready to make some money this season

Veteran
Participation Meter
#42 Report User
Posted:

Two for tuesday---love it and the two plays!!!!

Rookie
Participation Meter
#43 Report User
Posted:

Starting to believe that holmey is going to pass this year. Does anyone know what happened to bubba. Thought he was going to move to the baseball site. I realize that running the $$$$ thread is time consuming .
However , if there is anyone out there who is so inclined ,  suggest you step up now . 
Am sure we can get the rules etc.

Bandit.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#44 Report User
Posted:

I'm happy to contribute to this thread again but I definitely don't have time to track all plays like Holmey and Bubba did....that being said I think this was right around the time Holmey got this going last year and it turned out to be a huge success for the late feb/march madness hoops run.  We could just post in this thread here...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#45 Report User
Posted:

Cincinnati (4PM ET ESPN) – On Sunday we head over to the American Athletic Conference for one of the marquee matchups in AAC play this season when the #11 Cincinnati Bearcats take on the #25 SMU Mustangs at Moody Coliseum in University Park (Dallas), Texas.  This is as down of a year there has been for the AAC since it’s inception, UCONN and Temple are having awful seasons to their usual standards, Tulsa, Memphis and Houston can all be considered to be having a somewhat down year and Tulane and South Florida are two of the worst power conference teams in the country.  That has allowed Cincinnati and SMU to quietly knock each of these teams off one by one and make it a two team race, one that would be all but decided today if Cincinnati is able to pull the mild upset in Dallas this afternoon.  This would only be an “upset” in the respect SMU is expected to win at home but we see Cincinnati as the better team here and there is a ton of value in backing the Bearcats with the points in a spot where they would all but clinch the AAC regular season crown with a win.  Cincinnati is the best team no one has really heard about this year.   The Bearcats have yet to lose a game in AAC play, including a 66-64 win over SMU in Cincinnati earlier this year, and have impressive non-conference wins over Penn State, Marshall, Iowa State and their signature win of the season over rival Xavier.  Both the Bearcats losses came against teams that were ranked in the Top 25 at the time, on a neutral floor to a very good Rhode Island team and to Butler at Hinkle Fieldhouse where very few visitors have success, and since the Butler loss Cincinnati has rattled off 15 straight wins playing complete basketball at both ends of the floor.  SMU also comes into this game with momentum as, since their loss at Cincinnati, the Mustangs have ripped off seven straight wins but the Mustangs still haven’t hit the toughest part of their AAC schedule yet and we simply see the Mustangs as overvalued laying this number against a team like Cincinnati this afternoon.  SMU scored non-conference wins over Pittsburgh, Stanford and TCU, all of which looked more impressive at the time than they do now, but were blown out by Michigan and Boise State and lost to USC and since the Mustangs lost the first meeting with Cincinnati this is an SMU team that really lacks a signature win.  The big win is right there for the taking for SMU today but it’s a lot to ask for SMU to not only snap one of the longest winning streaks in the country but to do so by more than four points, especially when both of these teams generally play low scoring, defense first type games.  The total in this game is set at 129 which means the odds makers expect a tight, possession by possession type game and while SMU has a great defense, Cincinnati is one of the best defensive teams in the country in any league and the Bearcats are going to have the edge in a grind out possession by possession game.  Cincinnati proved they can play up tempo in their 86-78 win over Xavier and just put up 82 on UCONN a week ago, the bottom line here is the Bearcats are good enough to adapt to whatever kind of game SMU tries to make this and will likely be better at playing that game than SMU will.  SMU is at their best when passing the ball around the perimeter and taking the open three, the Mustangs rank 28th in the country in three point shooting percentage but Cincinnati possesses one of the best perimeter defenses in the country and easily the best perimeter defense SMU has seen so far this season.  SMU hit right around their average going 9 for 23 from three point range in the first meeting but that’s probably the best they will do as it’s highly unlikely any team just goes off from three against the Bearcats, who have held their opponents to an average of less than 30% from behind the arc this season.  Aside from good shot selection from the perimeter this SMU offense is average at best, the Mustangs fall just inside the Top 200 with an average of 73.2 points per game while Cincinnati falls inside the top 100 averaging 77 points per game.  Cincinnati plays as clean of a basketball game as you will see at both ends of the floor as they rank 7th nationally in turnovers with just 10.4 per game, 15th in assists, 3rd in assist/turnover ratio and 14th in blocked shots all to go along with rarely making mistakes on the defensive end.  Cincinnati has proved they can win on the road by winning in an extremely tough venue at Hilton Coliseum in Ames over Iowa State and they also have conference road wins over Temple, Houston and Tulsa.  This is just a really solid, complete Cincinnati team that is going to leave everything on the floor today to keep this win streak going and try to break into the Top 10, they would be decent value getting one basket and represent tremendous value getting two.  Take the points with the better team here, Cincinnati should win this one but at the very least we should be in for another fantastic finish like the first meeting and cover the number either way -topflightsportsinfo

$$$$ Cincinnati +4

I'll leave this one here for you guys in an effort to jump start this thread because I know personally this was a fun read every day and offered some great insight.  

This is less of a $$$$ in the respect that I think it's the perfect spot and something one would label a "lock" (I hate that term because there's no such thing" and more of a play against the number, backing what I consider the better team to be getting too many points

Public is on Cinci about 65/35 last I checked but the line came down from +5 to +4 so not seeing any "fishy" line movement if you will.  Just hard to see a scenario where SMU blows them out if they do win and because of that I'll roll with Cinci and the generous points here.  Best of luck if you decide to hop on this one!

Rookie
Participation Meter
#46 Report User
Posted:

sup guys?

Prospect
Participation Meter
#47 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Holmey:

sup guys?

Whats up Dude!?

Lets get it on!

Veteran
Participation Meter
#48 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Holmey:

sup guys?

USC_Holmey, remember you from WAY back on CBS "Lock" Thread, good times!

You in the zone and locked in on the Pac 12 yet?

Lets make some cheddaaaaa!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#49 Report User
Posted:

Some of those Pac12 plays would be nice.  No one better.

First << 2 of 2 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View