hypothetical question who wins doyle or unger

Views: 1161

Captain
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

We all have our hero's but if we had a tournament like the final four bruson Doyle Stu unger Jackie Chan and Phil helmouth.... Give each. 125 g in a four way start the blinds at 100 200 fifteen minutes rise who would take it all.unger mighnot be with us not sure but if not give his seat to negraneau

Captain
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

Second thought would such a tournament be worth watching in terms of ratings....

Legend
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

Stu Unger, no doubt.  He was perhaps the best player ever.  He won his WSOP titles strung out on drugs.  If he had a clear mind who knows what he could have accomplished. 

Captain
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Bling:

Stu Unger, no doubt.  He was perhaps the best player ever.  He won his WSOP titles strung out on drugs.  If he had a clear mind who knows what he could have accomplished. 

my money be on chan... not sure if stu could get away from the check call call call.... and fade the second nutz... but it would be luck as all would be masters.... tonights sit go took third. a pleasant time... i felt a little ashamed of the sic beat i delivered but in the end i was busted by trip aaa to two pairs. so it equaled... i used to look foward to the bus ride to foxwoods now my week i look forward to playing with gentlemen and laies in a home social game... guess we all get older bing.... thought about your response for some time before chiming back.... 

if i could pick a game and play I like to have the heads up with a chinese national...xiaolois. so often i think of her in the mandurian province.... 
well cest la vie maybe someday. a little meloncholy after witnessing what has happened on the strip i used to dream of walking again... 

All-Star
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

thought about your response for some time before chiming back.... 

A year and a half 

Captain
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Stu Ungar, (not Unger) versus Doyle Brunson would have been a toss-up 30 years ago, when Doyle was relatively young, had plenty of energy, and a brilliant poker mind like Stu's.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View