Can someone explain teaser bets?

Participants:
Views: 1284

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this question.. cant seem to find the correct forum. 

Need help understanding 7/10 teasers.

7/10 teasers are a single bet or multiple bet? What I see a lot is -7/-4 and over 34/31. How does this bet work and why are there 2 handicaps and over margins?

Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

https://sports.bovada.lv/content/nfl-football/teaser-betting

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Snb

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing51:

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this question.. cant seem to find the correct forum. 

Need help understanding 7/10 teasers.

7/10 teasers are a single bet or multiple bet? What I see a lot is -7/-4 and over 34/31. How does this bet work and why are there 2 handicaps and over margins?

Teasing is when you buy points over the set line. So, for example, if USC is -9 at -110 (USC would have to win by more than 9 points and you would win $100 for every $110 you wager), let's say you aren't too confident, you could buy an extra half point, maybe up to 2 points to make it USC -7. They would only need to win by more than 7 points, however, you would need to put down $130 to win $100.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Teasers are sucker bets for the most part.  The percentage is determined by how many teams and how many points you are getting.  You should start by writing down teasers you would of bet before, a lot of the time the free points don't help.  Never tease basketball or college football totals.  Try to get some numbers in football such as 7, 10, and so on.  I would stay away unless you are just playing for fun.

Covers Linesmen
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3174:

Teasers are sucker bets for the most part.  The percentage is determined by how many teams and how many points you are getting.  You should start by writing down teasers you would of bet before, a lot of the time the free points don't help.  Never tease basketball or college football totals.  Try to get some numbers in football such as 7, 10, and so on.  I would stay away unless you are just playing for fun.

You can win at teasers if you know what you are doing. I turn a profit on NFL almost every year
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View