College hoops system......give it a look

Participants:
< Page of 28 > >>
Views: 63306
< Page of 28 > >>

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Hey guys, was wondering if any of you have ever heard of/played this college hoops system. I recall someone posting it, but it was years ago; goes something like this:

1. Must be a conference game
2. You always play on the home team
3. Visitor must be ranked in the top 25
4. Visitor must be favored

So essentially, you play on home dogs vs. top 25 opponents. I am going to track it starting Saturday January 2nd. I will post the plays if anyone is interested in following......

Happy New Year to a great group on this forum
Quote Post Report User

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

I'll be watching this. Would like to see some back testing. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

If playing today, Santa Clara +15 vs Gonzaga would be a play. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Would this be possible to query in killer sports ?

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

What rankings will you use? The AP didn't have Gonzaga ranked while they are 25 in the USA Coaches poll. That's where I said they would have been a play. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Last season this system went 64-73, but only playing +14 1/2 > went 12-1. I use the USA coaches poll. And yes, Santa Clara was the 1st play of the year. Year before last, the system also lost, but +14 1/2 > was a winner.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Since Ken is posting starting tomorrow, today's play would be Stanford +4 vs Utah. Just for testing purposes. Had a winner yesterday on Santa Clara. Maybe there is something to that +14.5 or more stat! 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Yes there is!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

let's see what happens, post up....

btw: the AP is the 'official' NCAAB & NCAAF ranking poll

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Good morning and Happy New Years guys. For the record, we will use the AP top 25 for all plays. The only filter I'm adding from the original post is we will play only those dogs receiving < 50% of spread bets (throw a little fade the public in there). With that said; we have five plays today:

Kansas St. +4
Minnesota +10
Boston Coll +15
Northwestern +4
Creighton +7.5

For tracking purposes, will play one unit per game. Obviously, shop around and find your best line. Any comments, good or bad, are certainly welcome. Lets see what happens! Good luck to us.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

2-3  (Kansas St closed @ +4.5 WIN)

keep it going 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

2-3  (Kansas St closed @ +4.5 WIN)

keep it going 

Yes sir, I had K St. at +5, so a 2-3 start; lets see what today brings. I mentioned yesterday shop these lines, half-point and point variances huge in ncaa hoops and NBA. Back later with Sunday plays.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Sunday 1/03; two plays:

Arizona St. +3.5
Wash St. +4

Watch these lines, may move a bit in our favor when the west coast wakes up and pounds Arizona and UCLA even harder. Good luck today guys with all your plays.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

1-1 today and looks like 3 plays Monday. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

1-1 Sunday, leaving us 3-4 to this point. Arizona State had a chance to stay within the number, but the two Hurley T's in the last minute killed that. Back with today's plays a bit later.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Quote Originally Posted by reaptherewards:

Last season this system went 64-73, but only playing +14 1/2 > went 12-1. I use the USA coaches poll. And yes, Santa Clara was the 1st play of the year. Year before last, the system also lost, but +14 1/2 > was a winner.

Excuse me if I am reading this incorrectly, but according to these numbers and the way I am interpreting them, the ideal way to play this would be
1. Top 25 team playing away against non top 25 team.
2. Bet on top 25 team if favoured by 0-14pts

According to the numbers posted this would have gone 72-52 last year. 58%

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

Monday 1/04; three plays:

Florida St. +4
TCU +10.5
Virginia Tech +13

Public pounding NC and West Virginia....good luck tonight.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

Excuse me if I am reading this incorrectly, but according to these numbers and the way I am interpreting them, the ideal way to play this would be
1. Top 25 team playing away against non top 25 team.
2. Bet on top 25 team if favoured by 0-14pts

According to the numbers posted this would have gone 72-52 last year. 58%

They way I see the numbers, you are correct. 72-52 if betting ON the top 25 team as a road fave. Make it 84-53 (61.3%) if you take the dog only at +14.5 or more.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Assuming those numbers are correct, and not just made up....

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

2-1 Monday, leaving us 5-5 so far. Made a few bucks last night, back with today's plays a bit later.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #22

[Quote: Originally Posted by rivermonsterz] Assuming those numbers are correct, and not just made up.... [/Quote] There are 221 games that fit the prescribed criteria from last season where the results are unaccounted for, I ask the contributors "how could 3 posters post three different W/L statistics pertaining to the exact assessment of a past trend  and eliminate 221 occurances? somebody didn't do their homework..or were just plain lazy

bottom line: 5-5 with momentum

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

Quote Originally Posted by kenkean89:

2-1 Monday, leaving us 5-5 so far. Made a few bucks last night, back with today's plays a bit later.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

There are 221 games that fit the prescribed criteria from last season where the results are unaccounted for, I ask the contributors "how could 3 posters post three different W/L statistics pertaining to the exact assessment of a past trend  and eliminate 221 occurances? somebody didn't do their homework..or were just plain lazy

bottom line: 5-5 with momentum

Guilty as charged, I did not back test and used a previous posters numbers as correct. 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #25

[Quote: Originally Posted by kenkean89]

1. Must be a conference game
2. You always play on the home team
3. Visitor must be ranked in the top 25  (AP)
4. Visitor must be favored

[/Quote] Ken, all conference games (221) last season where the visiting team was ranked in the AP Top 25 and the home team was listed as the 'dog'  the dog WON 164 games, and LOST 57 (74.2%)

this information is readily available on Covers.com NCAAB Scores & Matchups, click: archives 2014-2015

< Page of 28 > >>
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View