Well done Seahawks....just unreal choke job

First << 2 of 3 >> Last
Views: 5054

Veteran
Participation Meter
#26 Report User
Posted:

If you can't man the f up and run the ball in, on goal to go situations you ain't dominating sheeeeet.

Legend
Participation Meter
#27 Report User
Posted:

Yep, terrible. Mcarthy is mainly to blame. Up 16-0 late in the 3rd, you play MAX PROTECT on a chip shot fg.....that leaves u up 2 tds......

What a moron. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#28 Report User
Posted:

Epic choke job. Rodgers just doesn't have that playoff mojo. He's a Mendenhall fumble from having zero rings.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#29 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Yep, terrible. Mcarthy is mainly to blame. Up 16-0 late in the 3rd, you play MAX PROTECT on a chip shot fg.....that leaves u up 2 tds......

What a moron. 

even his qb was pissed at the play calling in the 4th mike was a huge reason they lost this game

Captain
Participation Meter
#30 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by LETGOPACK1234:

I put more blame on Capers....all game long Seattle did nothing on offense....then in the last 3 mins just play prevent and let them get 20yds a play...have to stay aggresive and make them take time and not walk down the field...

Seattles offense had 0 points in 56 mins....why change anything??

3 man rush on the 3rd and 29 play was a back breaker and foolish. BTW, why wasn't 15 yards added for the late hit when they sacked Wilson. Wilson was down, play was over. It was after the play. How can you decline that and in the end you get a free shot because he lost so much on the play. That makes no sense. Ball should've been moved back15 yards and the next down ensued not the down replayed. 

MVP
Participation Meter
#31 Report User
Posted:

McCarthy should b ashamed at allowing that fake fg. Give them the fg who gives a shitt. They should hve played the fake. That was the only thing that could have hurt them. The 3 pts was meaningless. I was in complete awe they werent playing for the fake. And why have that bostic guy come in cold off the bench with no feel for game on hands team

Veteran
Participation Meter
#32 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

3 man rush on the 3rd and 29 play was a back breaker and foolish. BTW, why wasn't 15 yards added for the late hit when they sacked Wilson. Wilson was down, play was over. It was after the play. How can you decline that and in the end you get a free shot because he lost so much on the play. That makes no sense. Ball should've been moved back15 yards and the next down ensued not the down replayed. 

they said the foul was during the play it wasnt a dead ball foul so the pack could take the play or the 15 yards

Prospect
Participation Meter
#33 Report User
Posted:

Biggest choke job ever, Seattle ain't garbage; see what happens on a neutral field.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#34 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by KobezKing:

McCarthy should b ashamed at allowing that fake fg. Give them the fg who gives a shitt. They should hve played the fake. That was the only thing that could have hurt them. The 3 pts was meaningless. I was in complete awe they werent playing for the fake. And why have that bostic guy come in cold off the bench with no feel for game on hands team

He was part of a 4 man blocking assignment crew on that side of the field to block and let the ball go to the hands guy (Nelson). He screwed up his assignment by not blocking and tried to be the hero and secure the ball. 

Banned
Participation Meter
#35 Report User
Posted:

i wondered that myself  but why decline the penalty anyway ? then they rushed 3 and played prevent 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#36 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by KobezKing:

dude you are 16000 posts of monday morning quarterbacking. Why would they prepare for a fake FG when the seahawks are 4th & 10 & looking to get their first points of the game. 

What tune are you singing if the punter messes up the throw or the rookie offensive lineman drops the catch? you would be in the seattle losers thread blaming seattle for running the play. 

Please. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#37 Report User
Posted:

Seattle didnt have a 1st down until the 2nd qtr...they didnt score an offensive TD until 2;09 left in the game...if that is not being dominated, then I dont know what is...

ummm...how many interceptions did wilson have? I mean Ha ha clinton dix had exactly 3 picks all season, then gets 2 in 1st half. you think thats cause he stepped up? he didnt step up during the key 2 point conversion.

quit pretending like the pack played a great game to get to 16-0. what happened when the seahawks gave the pack 2 red zone gimmees in the first quarter? they got to 4th & goal &...2 field goals. thats dominating?

Your selective vision is epic.

Captain
Participation Meter
#38 Report User
Posted:

Exactly...I wished they would have been crushed instead...

If you would have said they were up 16-0 at half..

1)Nobody would have believed it

2) But, any Packer fan would have been beyond happy...

Ironic part is, watching that 1st half and only being up 16-0 was a huge disappoint...very very easily could have been 24-0 or 20-0 atleast

This is classic example of why balance is so important in winning SB's.

Seattle is the more complete, balanced team that can beat you in more ways, be it defensive by stopping the Packers in the redzone or offensive, with the run or pass.

Seattle's balance kept them in position for the comeback, when parts of the team were not playing well.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#39 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

What a moron. 

I dont get that either....they went for a FG block leaving Hawk alone...

You did your job and forced a fg, take the 16-3 lead and be happy....no clue why they went for a block like that

All-Star
Participation Meter
#40 Report User
Posted:

Ive been saying the same exact thing....

Not that you should ever allow a 2nd and 31 anyways and who does a 2 man rush on 3rd and 19...but it should have been 2nd and 46...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#41 Report User
Posted:

Ive been saying the same exact thing....

Not that you should ever allow a 2nd and 31 anyways and who does a 2 man rush on 3rd and 19...but it should have been 2nd and 46...

the refs ruled the 15 yard penalty happened during the play NOT after so the pack could take the play or the flag not both as it wasnt a dead ball foul maybe the refs were evening things out for the dez call last week

All-Star
Participation Meter
#42 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by vegasslim:

the refs ruled the 15 yard penalty happened during the play NOT after so the pack could take the play or the flag not both as it wasnt a dead ball foul maybe the refs were evening things out for the dez call last week

I know what they ruled but it was the wrong call...the play was over and Matthews wasnt even on Wilson anymore...

MVP
Participation Meter
#43 Report User
Posted:

Pack, I'm sorry.

Mugg, congrats.

I'm gonna blame the coach bandwagon. Settling for 3s...........
How do you NOT go for it on the 1-ft. line?

4 picks and a fumble, and you can't convert?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#44 Report User
Posted:

I know what they ruled but it was the wrong call...the play was over and Matthews wasnt even on Wilson anymore...

it was the wrong call just like saying dez didnt make a football move was the wrong call

All-Star
Participation Meter
#45 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

Pack, I'm sorry.

Mugg, congrats.

The only bad decision I think was the first time on the 1...should have went for it...

I still blame changing the defense the last 3 minutes more....Seattle had 0 point from their offense and they just went into a shell

All-Star
Participation Meter
#46 Report User
Posted:

it was the wrong call just like saying dez didnt make a football move was the wrong call

There is a diff between a bad rule and a bad call...

The Dez no catch is a terrible rule but a rule is a rule...

The no 15yds was a bad call, the play was over...dude got a free shot to the back

Veteran
Participation Meter
#47 Report User
Posted:

There is a diff between a bad rule and a bad call...

The Dez no catch is a terrible rule but a rule is a rule...

The no 15yds was a bad call, the play was over...dude got a free shot to the back

changing the ball from 2 hands to 1 then leaping towards the endzone IS a football move

All-Star
Participation Meter
#48 Report User
Posted:

changing the ball from 2 hands to 1 then leaping towards the endzone IS a football move

Changing the ball from 2 hands to 1 is called controlling the catch...

He didn't "LEAP" anywhere....he landed and then his momentum took him towards the endzone...

If he "LEAPED" he would have landed 3 yds into the endzone...

He took maybe 1 step...maybe....landing on the ground isn't taking 2 steps...its common sense

Legend
Participation Meter
#49 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

Pack, I'm sorry.

Mugg, congrats.

No doubt. 

Sitting in a room full of people watching this, we were devastated. But we knew they were lucky to only be down 6-0 instead of 14-0.........& even at 16-0 we kept saying it's only a 2 score game (even though Seattle had done nothing to that point except turn the ball over). 
 I thought the point in which the tide turned was with about 5 mins. left in the game.......after Wilson threw his 4th pick & the pack up 19-7.......... they showed Clay Matthews on the sideline hugging & high-fiving guys, figuring the game was pretty much over (as did all of us though no one wanted to say it). From that point on GB didn't play (or coach) with the same fervor they did for the first 55 mins.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#50 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

No doubt. 

Sitting in a room full of people watching this, we were devastated. But we knew they were lucky to only be down 6-0 instead of 14-0.........& even at 16-0 we kept saying it's only a 2 score game (even though Seattle had done nothing to that point except turn the ball over). 
 I thought the point in which the tide turned was with about 5 mins. left in the game.......after Wilson threw his 4th pick & the pack up 19-7.......... they showed Clay Matthews on the sideline hugging & high-fiving guys, figuring the game was pretty much over (as did all of us though no one wanted to say it). From that point on GB didn't play (or coach) with the same fervor they did for the first 55 mins.

Exactly....Too be honest I don't even mind the run plays on offense, killing clock and forcing the use of the timeouts...

I still cant get over how much the defense changed ....I would rather them stay aggressive and get beat deep then to just watch them walk down the field 20yds a play...

Still honestly cant believe they lost this game...up 19-7 with 5 mins left and the ball....after Burnett slides for some reason instead of getting 20+ more yds....just mind-boggling...

Literally 10 things had to happen for Seattle, and another 10 things against Gb....and it all did...if just 1 thing changes the outcome is different...

First << 2 of 3 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View