Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

First << 1 of 568 >> Last
Views: 953533

Banned
Participation Meter
#1 Report User
Posted:

I am 27 years old and have been working for just under 5 years and am fully vested at my shitt job at a clearing house....  I absolutely love betting on sports and have done very good in the last 2-3 years between betting online, bookies, etc...  Been doing so well in College and NFL football this season that BOTH my bookies cut me off....  

Check up over 12.5K betting separate in college and NFL football this season.. (check my season long threads)

Won in every sport considerably last year and even after a rough baseball year still netted a profit between 2013 and 2014 in bases...

The biggest thing is the cost of living in NJ is a ripoff and Vegas is dirt cheap to live... I can get a 2 bedroom gorgeous apartment for $850-$1100 range... It cost $1500 or so in Jersey if u live in Warren and Hunderston counties even.. (small counties)

The other thing is  I have won all this money with bad discipline at times... (Bored at work and would bet on two mice racing if they allowed it)   

So I have over 30K saved (mostly from betting winnings) and I feel with no wife or kids this is the perfect time for me to live my dream of pro handicapper.  I really think with proper discipline and the fact that I will be studying games, trends, etc all day that I can win 5K a month or so...  

I am quitting my job this coming Friday Jan 2, 2015 as I will receive the company match in my 401K for 2014 by then...  nothing else keeping me here... I am rolling over my 401K btw.

figure they will make me work two weeks and then I can officially step out the door. (what a relief and can't wait till I am official out the door)   Going to tell boss of my dream to move to vegas and will lie and say I am looking for work out there and hopefully he will give me unemployment while I am starting my pro handicapping career but I am already prepared for him to not give me that... 

Looking at the Summerlin/Henderson area... so I live in a nice area but am still a close ride to the strip...   

I know those who follow me know that I never lie about my bets or anything like that and I am 100% serious and can't wait till I am finally out there and starting my pro handicapping career.  I have never been so focused on succeeding in anything in my life and I am really confident I will do great.

No more limits to what I can throw on a game if I really like it. anyone who follows my season long threads knows how solid I am...   I am hitting at just under 60% in college and NFL football this season and that is with 110-130 bets placed in each sport so far this year.   If I ever did this for this football season (I would be betting much more)  I would have been already able to buy a house. 

Basically just wanted to let you know who follow me of my dream that I will be living I say by the end of January...  First step is going in Jan 2, 2015 (this coming Friday) and quitting... then will find out if they want me to work my two weeks or hopefully just let me walk out the door....

then can get a place and start the 40 hour treck out to VEGAS and start my pro handicapping career.

never been so confident or excited in my life.  I am 100% telling the truth and just wanted to see if anyone wanted to follow me while I am out there.  My friends all said I am good enough to do it and I know I am.. they say this is like something u see in a movie and I was just curious if anyone wanted to follow my journey because I will be honest and happy to share it...

If I see a bunch of negative comments I will not share how things go out there with anyone... if not I will let u know how it goes when I quit, where I chose to live and how my betting/day to day life goes out there.

This is something I have been planning for the last 3 years or so.. I would always WONDER if I am good enough to be a pro handicapper or not if I DIDN"T try this.   Well sometimes u gotta venture out and act on ur dreams and that is exactly what I am doing.

I can always get a job with a betting service if the day to day full time betting is too stressful..  but I 100% love it and plan on being able to do it full time and become a legend in the business.  I never been so focused on anything in my life... I absolutely love sports and betting on them

Banned
Participation Meter
#2 Report User
Posted:

I am sure I will get a lot of negative comments but check my season long threads  I am a proven winner...  the biggest thing is to know when to raise my bets or not..  I will be a lot more selective and careful in my studying and playing of games as this is now my profession and not just for fun and risk taking.

I used to play any 1pm baseball game during the week in the summer in bases just because it would help me get thru the shitt workday and my shitt job.

now I WON"T be playing every national TV game or afternoon game because I want to gurantee I make a lot of money.  will pick certain spots more.. thinking 1-2 games a day at most... during football maybe more because that is my specialty..   going to be a lot of trial and error at first but I know I am going to kill it.

so let me know if u are intrigued in following my journey or not.

Captain
Participation Meter
#3 Report User
Posted:

A few things you need to watch out for but since you only are interested in hearing what you want to hear so GL.

MVP
Participation Meter
#4 Report User
Posted:

This is not a good idea. Better off staying at your job, living in jersey and just finding a good book that will give you the limit you want.

MVP
Participation Meter
#5 Report User
Posted:

The limits you are looking to bet you do not need to move to vegas for.

All-Star
Participation Meter
#6 Report User
Posted:

Sup man, just wanted to wish you good luck and that's really exciting. You definitely have been solid in all sports since we started chatting on here a couple years ago. I would say the biggest thing is just to try and stay disciplined with your bets and perhaps cut down on some of the parlays , even though they were you good to you with baseball season 2 years ago. If anything, maybe just lower your bet amounts with the parlays since it seems your individual bets are always solid. 
I'll shoot you a PM later today

MVP
Participation Meter
#7 Report User
Posted:

If anything you are betting off moving to canada and open up a pinnacle account and a few others so you can shop the best line. Vegas is cool for a little, I lived there in 09 and 10 but its not all it is cut out to be.

Banned
Participation Meter
#8 Report User
Posted:

Dcj the parlays I was doing in college and nfl early in year because was down with bookie going into weekend a few weeks from my rough baseball year. I will never parlay college or nfl out there

Prospect
Participation Meter
#9 Report User
Posted:

Wow....you're basically about to live the same dream I have - except I'm over twice your age, so I'm staying put. Anyhoo, I wish you all the luck in the world, CG. If you're gonna do it, now is the time - you're young and have NO baggage. Go for it, babyboy!! 

Banned
Participation Meter
#10 Report User
Posted:

Theone324- thank u for ur input but I am doing this. I will be betting $500-$1000 a game and in certain spots in football 5-15k I would see when I see a lock. Are u intrigued to see how I do? If not that's fine but I know I will do great at this as my only focus with no limits and the fact I get cash second after games I win will make me really value the money more than I ever would with any online book

Banned
Participation Meter
#11 Report User
Posted:

Dcj thank u for ur support tho. I can't wait. Bunny- I know u from Vegas... I am doing this but at same time I'll listen to ur tips? What r they?

Banned
Participation Meter
#12 Report User
Posted:

Grandy- yes sir it's the perfect time dead end job and I want to live my life. And it's not like I am not good at this. Look at my proven track record. Just going to now make some real money at this. I am not an unrealistic or cocky person at all I just know I will do great at this. And tired of not acting on it. Just can't wait to be settled out there and start my career

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#13 Report User
Posted:

If you're not living life on the edge, then you're taking up too much space. 

Best of luck to you.

Banned
Participation Meter
#14 Report User
Posted:

Thank u golden. If anyone of u come out there to visit u need to look for me

Veteran
Participation Meter
#15 Report User
Posted:

GL dude but the fact you see "locks" makes me think you won't survive.

MVP
Participation Meter
#16 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

Theone324- thank u for ur input but I am doing this. I will be betting $500-$1000 a game and in certain spots in football 5-15k I would see when I see a lock. Are u intrigued to see how I do? If not that's fine but I know I will do great at this as my only focus with no limits and the fact I get cash second after games I win will make me really value the money more than I ever would with any online book

I will definitely be following to see how you do just think youd be better off moving to Canada and opening accounts with a few different reputable books.  5-15k a game is very aggressive with a 40k bankroll that you have to live off that is not smart.  Crawl before you run bud GL

MVP
Participation Meter
#17 Report User
Posted:

Everyone should experience this kind of pain at least once in their lives. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#18 Report User
Posted:

Good luck college! 
Please  keep us up to date on how you're doing,  good or bad. I've been out in Nevada for 2 years now and loving it!

Covers Rehab
Participation Meter
#19 Report User
Posted:

You were cut off from your bookies ?  Start betting with me than i live right by ya. You were suppose to a couple of years ago and you bailed on me. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
#20 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

GL dude but the fact you see "locks" makes me think you won't survive.

Agree 100%. Great plan-but no there's no money management of the actual bets. If ALL of your bets are an absolute PERCENT of your total bankroll at all times and you can hit 60%-you'll be in Vegas until your 90 years old. If you're betting 20% of your bankroll on a supposed "Lock"-you'll be unemployed and broke and moving back to New Jersey within 6 months.

Banned
Participation Meter
#21 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by gold6185:

Agree 100%. Great plan-but no there's no money management of the actual bets. If ALL of your bets are an absolute PERCENT of your total bankroll at all times and you can hit 60%-you'll be in Vegas until your 90 years old. If you're betting 20% of your bankroll on a supposed "Lock"-you'll be unemployed and broke and moving back to New Jersey within 6 months.

look at my season long ncaa football and nfl threads.  my betting will be similar to that..  with added 2-3K plays at times...  the 5-15K plays will only be if I have established a nice profit out there.

my bankroll will be around 30K-35K    If I bet $600 a game that is 2% of my bankroll...   I been figuring numbers. 

ill keep u all informed on my journey.. first step is this Friday and getting out of this shitt job and then within a week or two I should be on my way out there

Banned
Participation Meter
#22 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

Everyone should experience this kind of pain at least once in their lives. 

respect ur opinion sir but follow this I think u will be surprised

Banned
Participation Meter
#23 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by jerzeebook:

You were cut off from your bookies ?  Start betting with me than i live right by ya. You were suppose to a couple of years ago and you bailed on me. 

yes and now betting back on youwager...  two bookies cut me off.  and it was smart for them... I am 10-2 in bowl games this week including 5-0 yesterday... hitting at right around 60% in college and pro football.  

My standard bet in Vegas will be around a K...   I would be up 7.8K for the week if out there just based on this week.. I have had success every week in nfl also.   if I was out there this football season I would own a house already

Veteran
Participation Meter
#24 Report User
Posted:

cg -keep us up with what's happening with you - I've always enjoyed reading about folks and living their dream.

Regarding your comment above about how much you should bet on a game - checkout the Kelly formula   or Kelly criterion it helps you figure that out based on certain factors.   Once again BOL to you.

Banned
Participation Meter
#25 Report User
Posted:

Thank u sir and I will. Will post again once I am official done with work. Hope they don't make me do the two weeks once I resign this Friday but will be respectful if they do. Not going to burn bridges like a jerk even tho I plan on never being in that industry again
First << 1 of 568 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View