Green Bay @ Seattle

First << 2 of 4 >> Last
Views: 8658

Prospect
Participation Meter
#26 Report User
Posted:

Good write up "And". Throwing a rookie 5th round center and a re-tooled GB O-line and it could be a rough night for the Pack. Good luck to you my friend.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#27 Report User
Posted:

thanks for the info

Veteran
Participation Meter
#28 Report User
Posted:

It's all based on home field. If they get it they will make the Super Bowl. If not they will not

Prospect
Participation Meter
#29 Report User
Posted:

Seattle seems just too strong in my opinion, Aaron Rodgers is a beast, but there will be no Discount Double Check happening tomorrow night...

Captain
Participation Meter
#30 Report User
Posted:

It's the most wonderful time of year...........My O's making a pennant run and Football is back..........I love Seattle this week.  As mentioned, yes Aaron Rodgers is no joke but Seattle has too much depth......Great to see some familiar names.  Best of luck this year

RAVENZONE

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
#31 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzone:

It's the most wonderful time of year...........My O's making a pennant run and Football is back..........I love Seattle this week.  As mentioned, yes Aaron Rodgers is no joke but Seattle has too much depth......Great to see some familiar names.  Best of luck this year

RAVENZONE

Think the O's pitching rotation is a little too weak to be making a pennant run. love their hitting and have made me some good money this year but far too many teams with combined pitching and hitting in the AL to give them a run for their money.

Andar, On SEA with you. If GB breaks 20 I would be shocked

Legend
Participation Meter
#32 Report User
Posted:

Nice to see you back. Like Sea as well gl.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#33 Report User
Posted:

Way too much being made out of this rookie center for GB.  If they get beat they get beat, but it won't be because of the rookie.  Kid can play, solid from Ohio St, excellent in the run game.  GB writer Bob McGinn wrote a piece on this kid quoting scouts around the league saying the Packers won't miss a beat with him under center; this after evaluating his play this preseason.

MVP
Participation Meter
#34 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrative:

Thanks, I'll dabble. Luckily my local extends a good deal of credit with no money up front. I have to often lay a poorer number on futures, but it is well worth it to not have money tied up.

What season total are you on? :popcornguy:

Tennessee OVER 7.

Line is juiced significantly now though. Admittedly I'm relying on Locker to stay upright, but this team won 7 games last year with an injured QB and against a brutal schedule. They were 3-1 with the lone loss in OT last year before Locker got hurt and ruined his season. They've made a wholesale commitment to being a more physical team last two years bringing in guys like Walker/Pollard last year to toughen up the kids and Whisenhunt and Horton to coach the D are big upgrades. 

There are some really good young players on this team ready to break out and they have playmakers on both sides of the ball. The offensive line could be great and dumping Chris Johnson leaves the run game with two backs that will run north-south and set up 3rd and shorts. Johnson had way too many negative plays as he looked for the home run. Everyone is talking about Houston bouncing back and possibly Jacksonville being sneaky good. Not one person is talking about Tennessee. The schedule is dirt soft too compared to last season. I think this team can win 10 games if - a huge if obviously - Locker stays upright.

Needless to say I played Tennessee over Kansas City long ago at a line that won't be seen again. Same deal with Tampa if anyone is interested, but my line is not around anymore there either. Two games with teams trending up against teams that are trending way down.

Rookie
Participation Meter
#35 Report User
Posted:

MVP
Participation Meter
#36 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore:

Way too much being made out of this rookie center for GB.  If they get beat they get beat, but it won't be because of the rookie.  Kid can play, solid from Ohio St, excellent in the run game.  GB writer Bob McGinn wrote a piece on this kid quoting scouts around the league saying the Packers won't miss a beat with him under center; this after evaluating his play this preseason.

I'm not expecting him to bomb out. I'm sure he's played in front of bigger crowds in college. It just doesn't hurt to have a rookie center on this stage who hasn't taken a meaningful snap with the first team offense or his QB since he's been there. Over the course of 60 mins it's not that far-fetched for a kid in this situation to bobble a snap, miss an assignment, or not a get protection correct.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#37 Report User
Posted:

Seattle repeating a SB? Lmao yea right! I think they win and cover THIS game, but no domination this season. They're not going 11-5 ATS for the 3rd yr in a row. And after winning their 1st SB in franchise history, they're all of a sudden unstoppable? Give me a break. Div. Round of playoffs are as far as they're going. No SB this yr for them. Don't waste your money.

Captain
Participation Meter
#38 Report User
Posted:

I like GB as a potential SB contender but this is a bad spot to start off the season.

MVP
Participation Meter
#39 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

Tennessee OVER 7.

Line is juiced significantly now though. Admittedly I'm relying on Locker to stay upright, but this team won 7 games last year with an injured QB and against a brutal schedule. They were 3-1 with the lone loss in OT last year before Locker got hurt and ruined his season. They've made a wholesale commitment to being a more physical team last two years bringing in guys like Walker/Pollard last year to toughen up the kids and Whisenhunt and Horton to coach the D are big upgrades. 

There are some really good young players on this team ready to break out and they have playmakers on both sides of the ball. The offensive line could be great and dumping Chris Johnson leaves the run game with two backs that will run north-south and set up 3rd and shorts. Johnson had way too many negative plays as he looked for the home run. Everyone is talking about Houston bouncing back and possibly Jacksonville being sneaky good. Not one person is talking about Tennessee. The schedule is dirt soft too compared to last season. I think this team can win 10 games if - a huge if obviously - Locker stays upright.

Needless to say I played Tennessee over Kansas City long ago at a line that won't be seen again. Same deal with Tampa if anyone is interested, but my line is not around anymore there either. Two games with teams trending up against teams that are trending way down.

Assuming you had the foresight to buy at +6, which looks terrific, I see no problem currently getting 4 points.  The small details are what sells me on this game.  Big special teams advantage for Tenn, Bishop Sankey looks promising, Dwayne Bowe out.  All of these things are added bonuses, in my eyes.  Advantages on both sides of the ball depending on how you look at it.  Titans WRs should have no problem with Chiefs secondary.  Flip side, Kansas City WRs are almost non-existent, which leaves a heavy work load for Jamaal Charles.  KC lost a lot on the offensive line this offseason, perfect time for Jurrell Casey to earn his paycheck.  Hopefully this one comes through for us and the Chiefs front doesn't completely smother Locker.  

Banned
Participation Meter
#40 Report User
Posted:

It all sounds good but what does it really mean when the players take the field

Rookie
Participation Meter
#41 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Joemamma:

It all sounds good but what does it really mean when the players take the field

Captain
Participation Meter
#42 Report User
Posted:

MVP
Participation Meter
#43 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by FadeOnly:

Assuming you had the foresight to buy at +6, which looks terrific, I see no problem currently getting 4 points.  The small details are what sells me on this game.  Big special teams advantage for Tenn, Bishop Sankey looks promising, Dwayne Bowe out.  All of these things are added bonuses, in my eyes.  Advantages on both sides of the ball depending on how you look at it.  Titans WRs should have no problem with Chiefs secondary.  Flip side, Kansas City WRs are almost non-existent, which leaves a heavy work load for Jamaal Charles.  KC lost a lot on the offensive line this offseason, perfect time for Jurrell Casey to earn his paycheck.  Hopefully this one comes through for us and the Chiefs front doesn't completely smother Locker.  

I was anit-KC before the preseason and am even more so now. Their offense was pitiful in the preseason. The 1st team offense didn't score a single TD and an offensive line replacing three starters gave up a boatload of sacks. Their skill position players apart from Charles are god awful. Their WR this week are Donnie Avery, Junior Hemmingway, AJ Jenkins, Frankie Hammond Jr, and Albert Wilson.    Bad o-line + no receivers = bad combination. Is Charles going to carry this team by himself, and how many holes will he find?  This team has no business laying points. Tennessee is clearly the better team IMO.

Great to see so many familiar faces. GL everyone.

Legend
Participation Meter
#44 Report User
Posted:

GL this season andarmac

Rookie
Participation Meter
#45 Report User
Posted:

Your forget golden tate and chris clemons wete beasting last year they didnt alot it will be hard to fillt hose guys

Prospect
Participation Meter
#46 Report User
Posted:

ML down to +190!!  I like my side.

Legend
Participation Meter
#47 Report User
Posted:

Banned
Participation Meter
#48 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefthechief:

Packers allday.  I'm buying packers up to +7 to +7.5 and betn 2k

Banned
Participation Meter
#49 Report User
Posted:

Thanks for the great write up man. I was leaning Packers a little myself before reading this. Spot on. Nailed with Seattle.

Veteran
Participation Meter
#50 Report User
Posted:

First << 2 of 4 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View