Posted:

No fan of Jax son. Just smart betting
But good luck with your play

Prospect
Participation Meter
#27 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus:

I hate when people say blanket statements with no support or reason.  Please tell me WHY Carolina's offence will be worse this year.  Is it because they dropped an anemic and aging Steve Smith, and drafted a beast of a wide receiver in Kelvin Benjamin?  Is that going to really make them worse?  Or is it because Jason Avant is playing on a team that will actually call his number for plays?  Nahhhh, maybe it's because Tiquan Underwood won't have Mike Glennon or Freeman (better than Glennon) as his QB...  

Nope, I've got it, it's their ridiculous STABLE of running backs that has done nothing but add depth that will make them worse.  I'm sorry man, but this team improved in the off-season.  Their defence is also a top 5 defence.  They go 12-4 again I'm willing to bet.

I honestly would like to hear another side of the story though.  You may very well be right, but I just like to hear reasoning.

Saints, Falcons, and Bucs will prove to be worthy  advicaries. I worry about relying on any rookie WR to make a huge impact. Especially one with suspect hands. I think they try and run the ball with Williams/Stewart/and company. Cam will have to take extra care of the ankle, not being the playmaker we've been accustom to seeing. 12 wins is a huge reach in terms of winning defensive battles. I'm thinking they digress to a .500 football team. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
#28 Report User
Posted:

Steelers over 8.5
Colts over 9.5
Bills under 6.5
Rams under 7.5
Jags under 5

4 of 5 of those are (+) money, I'm parlaying them they are way off, see you all @ the cashier in January

Veteran
Participation Meter
#29 Report User
Posted:

Bears over 8.5 hands down easiest one

Captain
Participation Meter
#30 Report User
Posted:

I hate when people say blanket statements with no support or reason.  Please tell me WHY Carolina's offence will be worse this year.  Is it because they dropped an anemic and aging Steve Smith, and drafted a beast of a wide receiver in Kelvin Benjamin?  Is that going to really make them worse?  Or is it because Jason Avant is playing on a team that will actually call his number for plays?  Nahhhh, maybe it's because Tiquan Underwood won't have Mike Glennon or Freeman (better than Glennon) as his QB...  

Nope, I've got it, it's their ridiculous STABLE of running backs that has done nothing but add depth that will make them worse.  I'm sorry man, but this team improved in the off-season.  Their defence is also a top 5 defence.  They go 12-4 again I'm willing to bet.

I honestly would like to hear another side of the story though.  You may very well be right, but I just like to hear reasoning.

Two reasons why the Panthers will be worse than last season.

1. Starting receivers: Benjamin, Cotchery, Avant, Underwood. You may like Benjamin, and I do to, but the facts are rookie receivers usually don't make a splash right away. Especially when they are expected to be #1.

2. The Falcons, Buccaneers will be better, and the Saints improved by getting Bird.

The Panthers going 12-4 is very much a stretch in my opinion. 9-7, 10-6ish I think.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#31 Report User
Posted:

I appreciate all comments ..

another pick I like is KC under 8 as they're dealing with a new O line and losing Flowers in the secondary doesn't make them better. Going 7-9 seems right and if they do hit 8 at least you wouldn't lose or do all ties go to the house ?

Veteran
Participation Meter
#32 Report User
Posted:

Arizona Cardinals Over 7

Veteran
Participation Meter
#33 Report User
Posted:

Jax is close. The NFC east will sweep them. The AFC north except Cleveland will beat them. They are probably a 4 win team.

No way the giants go over 8 wins.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#34 Report User
Posted:

Besides the Rams defense, another darkhorse is the Jets .. they beat NO and NE last year. I could see them getting to at least 8 wins this year.

Prospect
Participation Meter
#35 Report User
Posted:

New England o10.5 all day!!!!

Prospect
Participation Meter
#36 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by stretch21:

New England o10.5 all day!!!!

I like that but shy away from the top dogs. IMO both NE and SF go over 10.5

I think SEA and DEN go under 11 and IND under 9.5

Veteran
Participation Meter
#37 Report User
Posted:

Carolina definitely going under...Lovie Smith makes TB way better, Sean Payton second year back, Atl better too...and Carolina is not better...opportunists run out of opportunities...

Prospect
Participation Meter
#38 Report User
Posted:

Oakland over 4.5 or 5

Captain
Participation Meter
#39 Report User
Posted:

Pats and giants over

Prospect
Participation Meter
#40 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

Hey Jimmus, why don't you ask Vegas why they're 8.5 -120 to the Under then...surely if there's any public action, it's Cam Newton junkies taking the over...

You have the AFC North-I see no sure things there-Carolina's better against offensive divisions...only Pittsburgh has an average D-at Green Bay, at Philly, Seattle always beats them...and the odds are great Atlanta and TB will be way better than 4-12...

How's that?
So u use strength of schedule for Carolina while u ignore it for the Rams ?

And rams will win 8 or more games just because "they want to win" ??

That's pretty funny.  

Can rams win more than 8 games ? 
Absolutely. They have the talent on both sides. Too bad they have to battle ari, sf and Seattle twice each. 

NFC west will be brutal this year and chance of  Bradford making thru the whole season is slim. 

Rather than rams over 7.5 -130, I like:

Miami over 8 +160 and
Wash over 7.5 -110

Rookie
Participation Meter
#41 Report User
Posted:

KC U8.5
TB O7.5

Prospect
Participation Meter
#42 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by m33w99:

I like that but shy away from the top dogs. IMO both NE and SF go over 10.5

I think SEA and DEN go under 11 and IND under 9.5

edit: Den will go over

Veteran
Participation Meter
#43 Report User
Posted:

i can give you a few reasons why their offense will not do as well....cam is not 100%....steve smith's leadership...will be missed...teams will be more prepared for them....meaning they will not surprise anyone....teams use playoff teams from the yr before as a measuring stick....for their own progress....

Veteran
Participation Meter
#44 Report User
Posted:

KC under 8.5 seems solid to me....

Veteran
Participation Meter
#45 Report User
Posted:

I agree with KC u8.5 and that Steve Smith will be missed in Carolina.  I have definitely read some compelling arguments (albeit not on here...) on why to fade Carolina this year, so I was likely off on my own personal assessment.  We shall see either way.  I don't agree that "Cam is not 100%" in a sense that I think it's silly to believe it will affect his season.  He's already working at almost 100% in OTAs and he will be ready for the season.  Regardless, I recant my 12-4 talk, but still expect 9-7 or better, and entirely on the shoulders of Cam and the defence.  

I would like to throw in that I like NE o10.5, as that seems like an incredibly easy pick.  

Veteran
Participation Meter
#46 Report User
Posted:

fading the public plays...Under 11.5 for both Seattle and Denver...extra value just because if they lowered these even one game, the lines would be hugely bet to the over and both play tough schedules just for starters...Seattle-it is very hard to show up with the same intensity after winning it all, especially the first 5 games...plus they did lose some key lineman...

Denver-there's no sure wins any more in their division and vs. the NFC West, plus all the top teams they play. I get the additions but how many "dream" teams live up to it? Remember the Eagles a few years ago?

Az. over 7.5 for exactly the opposite reasons-no public person is o this, but they beat Seattle in their yard last year, their D is superb and offense is improving...

Veteran
Participation Meter
#47 Report User
Posted:

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard:

Arizona Cardinals Over 7

Cardinals had a great season. I cashed on it.
First << 2 of 2 >> Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View