View Our New Forum Updates. You can always switch back to what you're used to.
View Our New Forum Updates.
You can always switch back to what you're used to.

Name your BEST o/u 2014..

Participants:
< Page of 2 > >>
Views: 3164
Posts: 47
< Page of 2 > >>
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2007
Posts: 73
Posted: #1

Ok everyone, let's beat the books !!

In this thread, forget playing your heart and list one o/u pick that you feel is a lock ..like your life depended on it.

This thread is for everyone to get their pick in black and white to see the trends for the upcoming season.

Good luck everyone !!

Quote Post Report User
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2007
Posts: 73
Posted: #2

My pick is Rams: Over 7.5

Reason is great defense and a good coaching staff.

Also like the public will be on the under.

Bottom line is this team seems to 'want' to win and not happy with .500 label.

 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2010
Posts: 30181
Posted: #3

Cleveland Under 6.5      


No to throw to when teams double up on Cameron, running game iffy at best (Can't see Tate staying healthly all year), defense decent, but will tire down as they do every year.   Schedule not in their favor either...  Possible split with Baltimore and Cincy, Pitt owns them..

Schedule...

@ Pitt     Loss
New Orleans  Loss (1-14 in home openers since coming back in 1999)
Baltimore  Chance to win
@ Tenn   Chance to win
Pitt     Loss
@Jax    Jags beat them in CLE last year, coin flip game
Oakland   Possible win
TB      Loss
@Cincy    Loss
Houston   Loss
@Atlanta  Loss
@Buffalo   Coin flip every year in this game
Indy     Loss
Cincy   Chance
@Carolina   Loss
@Baltimore   Loss
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2005
Posts: 4612
Posted: #4

Giants o8
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2008
Posts: 2335
Posted: #5

Cincinnati Bengals o9 wins (-112) 
I have Cincinnati winning 11 or 12 of their games this season, so I love this bet.  They don't play a lot of defensively stout teams, and even though I think they could easily split vs. Pittsburgh and Baltimore, they win the division.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2010
Posts: 2964
Posted: #6

Detroit....thinks its like 7.5 but they win 10 games....easy!!!!!
 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2341
Posted: #7

Quote Originally Posted by m33w99:

My pick is Rams: Over 7.5

Reason is great defense and a good coaching staff.

Also like the public will be on the under.

Bottom line is this team seems to 'want' to win and not happy with .500 label.

Their schedule is brutal.  The first 8 games are:  at eagles, niners, hawks, at chiefs, at niners, at cards, broncos, at chargers.

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2014
Posts: 2341
Posted: #8

^Correction--those are games 4-11.
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2007
Posts: 12522
Posted: #9

Detroit in a funk
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2003
Posts: 32638
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

Giants o8
Really? I see them going 6-10, maybe 7-9 with luck.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2007
Posts: 73
Posted: #11

Quote Originally Posted by smarterthanyou:

Their schedule is brutal.  The first 8 games are:  at eagles, niners, hawks, at chiefs, at niners, at cards, broncos, at chargers.

 

Yes ..the NFC west is brutal and makes them better than most will realize, hence most the action will be on the under. However 'most' never collect from Vegas.

 

Another point for over is a healthy Bradford and an improved O line and the fact that this season schedule is really no worse than last year.

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2005
Posts: 4612
Posted: #12

Mugg.. I feel LY will be an aberration in Eli Manning's career.  Absolute terrible numbers that should not be repeated..    Last year was disastrous under now dismissed OC Gilbride,  and an atrocious O-Line. 

  Great draft with Odell Beckham Jr.  at WR .   I feel he will be  Manning's favorite target very soon.  The dude is a stud.  

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2008
Posts: 4143
Posted: #13

totally agree with the NYG over...too smart an organization to stay down long-look at the last 10 years, they usually are great every other year minimum, so they're over due...plus they can beat Dallas and Wash twice-that's halfway there...

Carolina under 8.5-always fade surprise teams in the NFL, their offense will be way less this year, no lucky wins like NE this year, I see a Ravens 2013 like season coming...
 
Legend
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2003
Posts: 32638
Posted: #14

Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

Mugg.. I feel LY will be an aberration in Eli Manning's career.  Absolute terrible numbers that should not be repeated..    Last year was disastrous under now dismissed OC Gilbride,  and an atrocious O-Line. 

  Great draft with Odell Beckham Jr.  at WR .   I feel he will be  Manning's favorite target very soon.  The dude is a stud.  

I wouldn't expect EManning to have as bad of year either..........but they're further away than just Eli & a rookie WR, especially with their schedule.

 JMO.......GL bro
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Oct, 2008
Posts: 2335
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

 Carolina under 8.5-always fade surprise teams in the NFL, their offense will be way less this year, no lucky wins like NE this year, I see a Ravens 2013 like season coming...

I hate when people say blanket statements with no support or reason.  Please tell me WHY Carolina's offence will be worse this year.  Is it because they dropped an anemic and aging Steve Smith, and drafted a beast of a wide receiver in Kelvin Benjamin?  Is that going to really make them worse?  Or is it because Jason Avant is playing on a team that will actually call his number for plays?  Nahhhh, maybe it's because Tiquan Underwood won't have Mike Glennon or Freeman (better than Glennon) as his QB...  

Nope, I've got it, it's their ridiculous STABLE of running backs that has done nothing but add depth that will make them worse.  I'm sorry man, but this team improved in the off-season.  Their defence is also a top 5 defence.  They go 12-4 again I'm willing to bet.

I honestly would like to hear another side of the story though.  You may very well be right, but I just like to hear reasoning.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2008
Posts: 4143
Posted: #16

Hey Jimmus, why don't you ask Vegas why they're 8.5 -120 to the Under then...surely if there's any public action, it's Cam Newton junkies taking the over...

You have the AFC North-I see no sure things there-Carolina's better against offensive divisions...only Pittsburgh has an average D-at Green Bay, at Philly, Seattle always beats them...and the odds are great Atlanta and TB will be way better than 4-12...

How's that?
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2008
Posts: 4143
Posted: #17

I see Carolina's at -135 now, Under 8.5....
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2008
Posts: 4143
Posted: #18

Hey Jimmus, you might need your Carolina play to lose vs. your Bengals play...the winner of that one's going to ruin one of the picks...

Dalton really is a problem-teams have figured him out with his average arm....Cinny's offense was the most frustrating in the league last year but the schedule isn't bad...good luck, bro
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2003
Posts: 11658
Posted: #19

Jax Jaguar over 4.5 wins 

Five wins are also a gift
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2013
Posts: 67
Posted: #20

Jags is going under. There is no such thing as a gift in betting tout. Chad Henne is the starter. Think before you write bro...
 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2003
Posts: 11658
Posted: #21

You obviously have a stake in thee under.
Hope is wasnt to much rook.

Nothing wrong with Henne starting.But it wont matter as Bortles will be playing sooner then later. He is the future there.

Coach Bradley from Seattle has the talent to take this team further- especially on defense.
I like what I see in there receiving core and lets face it, decent schedule and 4.5 wins to overcome? 

Decent running back finally gets to chance..Just like when Turner got his shot after Tomlinson.

Last years Kansas City Chiefs? 

See ya here in December kid.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2013
Posts: 67
Posted: #22

Their season total has gone over only once the past 6 years 2009 was the last at 8-8. I'll stick with the under considering they are still rebuilding and as you said he's the future. He's going to have a taste of the AFC in that schedule. He's the AFCs next Daunte Culpepper at that size. Except Daynte Culpepper would last in the AFC during his time. You get the memo. Under 5 is easy money. They'll get 3 or 4 wins. Under is golden. Unfortunately you are the kid donating your money.
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2013
Posts: 67
Posted: #23

Bortles won't get 5 or 6 wins you must be crazy. You are just a fan boy who needs some glimmer of hope for his team this year
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2013
Posts: 67
Posted: #24

You compared the Jags to the Chiefs, so no I epitomize you and whatever you say with your redundant statements. It is sad you call yourself a fan of the NFL and on top of it you bet on it.
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Nov, 2008
Posts: 4143
Posted: #25

yeah but G, thinking they get 3 or 4 gives you little margin for error, and I like to think the lines are off by 2 or more on my plays...
< Page of 2 > >>
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View