1. Peyton Manning - If you know anything about Peyton Manning it is that he lives for the regular season. This guy is a stat collecting, credit monger who wants nothing more than to capture all records. Although I don't see a repeat of last year, you can certainly bank on 300+ yard, multiple TDs on the reg. I'm thinking somewhere around 38-45 TDs. Ultimately, I'm not willing to spend what its going to cost to get Manning in any type of league. He will be a first rounder, and as you'll see, with the depth at this position, it poses too much of a risk to take on a 38 year old, who looks like Timmy from South Park. He doesn't even need a chin strap to hold that oversized dome piece on and I'd be shatting myself every time his keester hits the floor. Verdict: Let someone else take him.
2. Drew Brees - He's Powerman 5000. Nobody comes close to him the last 5 years in passing yards. He's going to throw it 40 times a game. He has the best play calling coach in the league, catering to his arm. A lot of people won't have Brees at their number 2 spot but its crazy not to. If you want a routine top 3 QB and can snarf him up in the 2nd round, by all means do so. He churns out massive yardage/TD totals and is always liable to rock the cradle with a lay up of his own, from time to time. I don't worry about Nawlins run game either. Between elaborate screen passes and dump offs, the backs will platoon per usual for sub standard touches.
3. Andrew Luck - Since his rookie year, Luck has been nothing but stunning. Now, huddling up a revamped offense neck beard city will be pirating booty all over the National Football field. His ability to run, score TD's on his feet make him the nastiest white boy on turf. The Cam Newton with weapons if you will. I see his decision-making getting a lot better, which of course means fewer picks. At home the defensive side of the football can hold its own, all the while, dominating the AFC South. I think he's an absolute steal if people are going to jump early on these other QB's.
4. Robert Griffin III - The knee has since healed up and the brace will be gone. Couple that with the hiring of Jay Gruden and DeSean Jackson and this whole Redskins name change debate will finally be put to bed. Straight Savages! "The Washington Savages" (trademark). No body will take offense to that. Speed kills. This squad is going to march up and down the field. And yes, injury risk worries me, but his ability to win you weeks is worth the taking. Again, like Luck, he's a QB you want on your squad. Go ahead and get yourself a reliable back up just in case he’s unable to hold up.
5. Aaron Rodgers - He has all the talent but he's not the number 1 stunna he used to be. No wonder State Farm shelved those ads because since his injuries he's become a pocket passer. And that's it. And lets face it, the defense does not stop anybody. Now I wouldn't be shocked if Rodgers comes out ballin, but the WR corps TE situation isn't giving me a hard on. Most people have Rodgers in their top 3 but not me. Let someone else blow his load early on the big name… Plenty of plums still ripe for the picking.
6. Mathew Stafford - We all know Stafford is a guy who can single handedly win you your week. I love how Schwartz is finally out, Christ almighty, Detroit you poor bastards. Rarely do you see complete and utter unqualified personnel running the show. Well, maybe in Dallas you do. I Digress. Given this new offense I feel like they can become the Saints of their division. The Bears, Packers and Vikings are all looking like muff cabbage D's right now. I think Stafford goes early this year, because of the new additions, but I'm always weary for those stinker games he's been known to put up. We all saw what happened when Calvin is limited or out of the game.
7. Matt Ryan - Last year was a nightmare on Elm. The Falcons could not wait for the season to end. Harry Douglas may have been the only bright spot. Enter 2014, and I'm buying multiple stocks with this team. The news of Hard Knocks is really a non-issue to me. The NFC south is a tough division and only getting better, but this team will win its fair share of shootouts. Matty Ice will make for a solid QB who you can take with your 5th or 6th pick depending on how fast QBs are flying off the board. Take him with confidence.
8. Tom Brady - Where is the respect for Thomas Edward Brady? Last year was a down year but he was throwing to a bunch of UPS drivers. The rookie connections will be a lot better. Gronk will be back, and if Ammendola doesn't crush so many asses in the greater area of Boston maybe his groin will hold up. Of course Edelman is going to keep the chain gang on their toes as well. I see the Pats going after another WR to add to the fold and New England's defense will be STOUT. While many will remain sour on the thought of last year, take Brady with brio, as he's primed for a solid season. Getting arguably the best QB of all time at a discount is truly a beautiful thing.